The holidays are quickly approaching, and you know what that means – it’s time for some baking! Sure, you can make traditional holiday cookies, but why not try something new this year with these delicious Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookie Bars?
Made with classic gingerbread spices like cinnamon and nutmeg, they have all of the flavors of a ginger cookie without having to turn on your oven. Plus they’re easy to prepare and take only minutes to cook in an air fryer! Get ready for a special treat that will be sure to delight your family this season.
It’s that special time of year again when the scent of gingerbread and cinnamon spices fill the air. And what better way to celebrate than by baking some yummy holiday treats, like these Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookie Bars!
These delicious cookie bars are a healthier version of your traditional recipes as they’re cooked with an air fryer instead of using lots of butter or oil for frying. Plus, there is no need to use your oven so you can free up stove-top space for all those other dishes you will be making this season. We’ll show you everything you need to know about how to make these flavorful and festive cookie bars in an easy step-by-step guide – just follow along and get ready to enjoy a new treat this holiday season!
Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Gingerbread Cookie Bars are a comforting, cozy treat that’s perfect for the holidays. The classic gingerbread flavor is combined with chewy cookie bars and topped off with a delicious cream cheese frosting. These delightful treats are sure to be a hit at any holiday gathering!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Nothing says winter quite like the smell of freshly baked gingerbread cookie bars, and when you make them with an air fryer, they get that crisp exterior while still being pleasantly chewy inside. This simple recipe provides a delicious festive treat in no time at all. With just a few ingredients and easy-to-follow steps, you’ll be baking up some amazing air fryer gingerbread cookie bars to share with family or friends – or simply enough for yourself if you can’t resist! Read on to find out what ingredients you need to make this classic holiday confection.
Remember the step-by-step directions and the full ingredients list is at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Sugar: A blend of granulated white sugar and brown sugar
- Butter: Use salted butter, that has been melted.
- Molasses: Really gives you the great flavor and aroma of fresh gingerbread
- Egg: Use an egg yolk, large
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour
- Seasonings and Spices: Pure Vanilla Extract, Ground Cinnamon, Baking Soda, Kosher Salt, Ground Ginger, Ground Nutmeg, and Ground Cloves
- Cream Cheese Frosting: Cream Cheese, at room temperature, salted butter, at room temperature, vanilla extract, powdered or confectioners sugar, and some sprinkles
How To Make Gingerbread Cookie Bars In Air Fryer
For many of us, gingerbread cookie bars are a holiday staple. Whether you’re baking them for a festive gathering or giving them as gifts during the holiday season, there’s something special about this tasty treat that just brings out the Christmas cheer!
But did you know that you can make your beloved gingerbread cookies in an air fryer? It takes less time and work than what it takes to bake a batch in your oven, plus they come out perfectly crisp on the outside with a soft interior – all without having to use any additional oil. Read on to learn how to make deliciously moist and flavorful gingerbread cookie bars using an air fryer!
Step One: Prepare The Baking Pan
Spray a square baking pan with either cookie spray or grease with butter. Look for a baking pan, that’s thinner than a pan that you would use in an oven, and slightly smaller than the air fryer basket, so the hot air will still circulate around the baking pan.
Step Two: Prepare The Gingerbread Cookie Bar Dough
In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, melted butter and molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add the egg yolk and continue whisking.
Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in the sifter and sift over the sugar-molasses mixture.
Using a rubber spatula, fold all the ingredients together. The mixture will be thick and a little crumbly.
Step Three: Air Fry The Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Press the mixture into the prepared pan and press the dough down evenly. Set the air fryer to 320 degrees F, using the air fryer setting, and set the cook time for 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
Step Four: Prepare The Cream Cheese Icing
In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth.
Slowly add the powdered sugar to the mixture approximately 1/3 cup at a time. Beat until combined and don’t forget to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl.
Step Five: Serving
Spread the icing onto the cooled cookie base and add sprinkles to garnish. Cut into 16 equal size squares.
Tips For Cooking Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Gingerbread cookie bars are a simple and delicious dessert that can be customized to your own preferences. Here are some tips to make sure your gingerbread cookie bars come out perfectly every time:
- Start with the right ingredients – You’ll need all-purpose flour, baking soda, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg, and butter. If you want to add a little extra flavor, consider adding some freshly grated nutmeg or cinnamon.
- Use quality molasses – Molasses adds sweetness and depth of flavor to your cookie bars so it’s important to use a good quality product. The darker the color of the molasses, the more robust the flavor.
- Don’t skimp on spices – Gingerbread cookie bars are all about the spices! Make sure you use fresh, high-quality ground ginger, cinnamon, and nutmeg for maximum flavor.
- Don’t over-bake – Gingerbread cookie bars should be lightly golden brown when done. If you over-bake, they’ll become dry and crumbly.
- Let them cool – Allow the cookie bars to cool completely before cutting into them. This will help ensure that they hold their shape when cut and served.
- Add an extra touch – Top your gingerbread cookie bars with a little sprinkle of confectioners’ sugar or a drizzle of melted white chocolate to make them extra special.
With these tips, you’ll be sure to have perfectly delicious gingerbread cookie bars every time!
How To Bake Gingerbread Cookie Bars In A Traditional Oven
Prepare the gingerbread cookie bars as directed in the recipe below, and then set them in a preheated oven, at 350 degrees F, and cook for 15-17 minutes.
Serve: For best results refrigerate these bars, after frosting, which will harden the cream cheese frosting, for 30 minutes, before serving.
Store: Allow the gingerbread cookie bars to cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container, they will last in the refrigerator for 2-3 days.
Freeze: Cool off your gingerbread bars by freezing them! Arrange them on a baking sheet and freeze for 1-2 hours before wrapping them in plastic wrap and foil twice – that way the sprinkles won’t have time to melt. Place these frosty treats into a Ziploc bag and enjoy them up to two months later!
Defrost: Defrost the gingerbread bars in the refrigerator overnight, or leave them on the counter for a few hours.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CINNAMON BAGELS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN SALMON PATTIES
- REHEAT QUICHE IN AIR FRYER
- COPYCAT PANERA RECIPES (AIR FRYER & INSTANT POT RECIPES)
- AIR FRYER CHEESECAKE STRAWBERRY TACOS
- NINJA FOODI LEMON CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN CILANTRO EGG ROLLS
If you haven’t made these delicious Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookie Bars yet, what are you waiting for? These bars are an amazing mix of moist and chewy gingerbread cookies combined with the crunch of a crisp bar. They’re easy to make and can be enjoyed at holiday gatherings with family or friends.
Whether they become part of your regular festive baking rotation or not, this recipe is sure to be a crowd-pleaser! And best of all, by using your air fryer, you don’t have to worry about heating up the oven or worrying about the calories! It’s truly the perfect holiday treat that everyone can enjoy. So grab your ingredients and get creative this holiday season; these Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookie Bars are sure to bring some fun and flavor into your celebrations!
Air Fryer Gingerbread Cookie Bars
Gingerbread Cookie Bars
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, room temperature, salted
- 2 1/2 tablespoons molasses
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
Cream Cheese Frosting
- 4 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, salted, room temperatgure
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups powdered sugar, or confectioners sugar
- 1/2 cup sprinkles, any type
- Spray a square baking pan with either cookie spray or grease with butter. Look for a baking pan, that's thinner than a pan that you would use in an oven, and slightly smaller than the air fryer basket, so the hot air will still circulate around the baking pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the granulated sugar, melted butter and molasses, brown sugar, and vanilla until combined. Add the egg yolk and continue whisking.
- Combine the flour, cinnamon, baking soda, salt, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves in the sifter and sift over the sugar-molasses mixture.
- Using a rubber spatula, fold all the ingredients together. The mixture will be thick and a little crumbly.
- Press the mixture into the prepared pan and press the dough down evenly. Set the air fryer to 320 degrees F, using the air fryer setting, and set the cooking time for 12-15 minutes. Let cool completely in the pan.
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, and vanilla at medium speed until smooth.
- Slowly add the powdered sugar to the mixture approximately 1/3 cup at a time. Beat until combined and don’t forget to stop and scrape the sides of the bowl.
- Spread the icing onto the cooled cookie base and add sprinkles to garnish. Cut into 16 equal size squares.
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven
- Cookie Pan or Baking Pan
- Cooking Spray