Today, I kicked off back to school (my kids started yesterday) with some homemade Oatmeal Raisin Cookies, made of course in the air fryer. They were simple, and one of the best things, besides them being delicious, is that I didn’t have to watch them. Talk about a win, win and what child does not like to come home to a plate of freshly made cookies.
These are semi-healthy because they are made with old-fashioned oatmeal, if you wanted to make them Gluten Free, all you would need to change out is the flour and the old-fashioned oats for a great snack.
If you haven’t made cookies in the air fryer, here are some general tips: ( I used my Vortex (air fryer oven) so I didn’t use parchment paper, but if you have a basket air fryer oven, this would be the time to purchase some, it makes clean up a breeze)
Now to be clear, I purchased these and set out to try them. I was armed with my Reynold’s Parchment Paper, which I truly use every day, and I recommend to everyone.
I do spray the parchment paper with non-stick cooking spray since if you didn’t the cookies would stick to the paper, and after they were done the cooking you wouldn’t be able to get them off (I tried and failed 2x before I came to that conclusion)
Here are some great tips for making the perfect cookie, in or out of the air fryer:
- Always read the recipe before you start. This way you ensure that you have all of the ingredients.
- Assemble all of the tools that you will need before you start. Once you start making cookies, your hands will get nice and gooey.
- Use the correct pans, making cookies on different pans, required different cookies times and temperatures. This should be noted in the recipe.
The tips for making cookies in the air fryer is to know your machine. I always put 2 cookies in to start, because every machine is different, the cookies will be done in two different machines at different times. So, I start with two cookies and then use 320 degrees F, as a starting point. Since, I want my food to be moist, soft and delicious. I usually start all of my baking at that temperature. Today, I used the 350 degrees F, because last time I made cookies, that is what I found working with my machine. BUT again every machine is different, so you have to experiment. But once you find the point you should write it down on a piece of paper and stick it to your refrigerator.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, Gingerbread Man Cookies
This is the recipe we have been using for years, in our oven, from King Arthur’s Bakery, recipe here: I adapted it for the air fryer: https://www.kingarthurflour.com/recipes/gingerbread-cookies-recipe
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Total Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 36 cookies 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 3/4 cup melted butter
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup molasses
- 1 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground all-spice
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- In a large mixing bowl, mix together the butter, brown sugar, molasses, salt, ground cinnamon, ground ginger, ground all-spice, egg, baking powder, baking soda, and flour, mix well.
- Place the dough in the refrigerator fora bout an hour, until it’s cold.
- Then on a large counter or cutting board, add some flour, roll out the dough, until it’s about 1/4 inch thick. Use flour on the rolling rin as well, since it will stick if you don’t.
- Then use your gingerbread cookies cutters, to cut out the shapes.
- As you make them place them into a greased air fryer basket or use parchment paper. (Or if you have an oven, place them on a greased air fryer tray) Set the temperature to 320 degrees F for 5 minutes.
- Let cool before decorating, or eat them as you want.
Keywords: gingerbread man cookies for sale gingerbread man cookies recipe gingerbread man sugar cookies simple gingerbread cookie recipe where to buy gingerbread man cookies how to decorate a gingerbread man cookie gingerbread man recipe without molasses gingerbread man icing