Air Fryer Funnel Cake Fries –Cooks of all levels can rejoice with this easy recipe for funnel cake fries. Requiring just a few simple ingredients and an air fryer, these funnel cake fries are the perfect snack or side dish to accompany any meal. So get your creative juices flowing and give this recipe a try today!
Move over, french fries. There’s a new sheriff in town, and her name is funnel cake fries! These crispy little bad boys are the perfect way to change up your usual fry game, and they’re insanely easy to make with an air fryer. They’re the perfect party snack for all your friends and family gatherings. So grab an air fryer and some ingredients, and make some of the tastiest funnel cake fries you’ve ever had! Better yet, invite me over to help you eat them 🙂
What Is An Air Fryer?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance that cooks food by circulating hot air around it. The device can fry, bake, roast, and grill food. Air fryers are a healthy alternative to traditional deep-frying methods, as they use little or no oil.
Air fryers have gained popularity in recent years due to their ability to produce quick and healthy meals. They are a popular choice for people who want to cook more nutritious foods but don’t want to give up the convenience of frying. Air fryers come in various sizes so that they will fit your needs. Whether you’re looking for an air fryer for your home kitchen or a gift for someone else, this will soon become one of your favorite kitchen appliances.
What Are Funnel Cake Fries?
If you’re like me, then you love funnel cakes. They’re crispy, sweet, and utterly delicious. But what if there was a way to make them even better? By turning them into fries! That’s right, funnel cake fries are a real thing, and they are amazing. So if you’re looking for a new and exciting way to enjoy your favorite carnival treat, be sure to give these a try. You won’t regret it!
The Best Recipe For Funnel Cake Fries
Now you can have your very own Funnel Cake Fries! They’re a delicious funnel cake that looks like regular fries. Plus, they taste amazing, and it’s so easy to make this recipe—all the ingredients are right in front of me as we speak…
These funnel cake fries are the best! They’re crispy on the outside and soft in-between. You can make them at home quickly with just a few ingredients, plus they taste better than anything you’ll get from that greasy fair stand anyway, so don’t wait any longer to enjoy this delicious treat – order yours today!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Funnel Cake Fries
Do you have an air fryer? If so, do you know how to make funnel cake fries in it yet? This is an excellent recipe if you want something different and fun. The ingredients are simple, and the result is delicious! Keep reading for all of the details on making this tasty dish.
- All-Purpose Flour: This recipe can easily be adapted for gluten-free by using gluten-free All-Purpose Flour. I find that the brand by King Arthur Flour works the best and gives you the best texture.
- Baking Powder: This helps produce a crispy funnel cake fry.
- Kosher Salt: Adds some flavor.
- Cane Sugar: I used cane sugar, finer than regular sugar.
- Ground Cinnamon: Adds some flavor to your funnel cake fries.
- Maple Extract: Adds some sweetness to the dessert. You can buy it near the vanilla in the grocery store.
- Sour Cream: You can also use Greek yogurt.
- Egg: I used large room temperature eggs
- Butter: Use unsalted room temperature butter.
- Powdered Sugar: An excellent coating for the funnel cake fries.
How To Make Air Fryer Funnel Cake Fries
Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tbsp powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine, then whisk in the maple extract, sour cream, egg, and melted butter.
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes. Using Air Fryer Setting.
Use a dough whisk to mix thoroughly. Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out the dough mixture.
Roll each tablespoon of dough into a thin log.
Arrange funnel cake fries in an air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray with coconut oil or olive oil—Cook for 5 minutes. Remove fries from the air fryer and spray lightly with coconut oil spray. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with dip.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do funnel cake fries last?
You can’t go wrong with a delicious, salty snack like cake fries! These sweet and savory snacks are best served fresh out of the air fryer.
They’ll keep for 1-2 days if you refrigerate them, but they become softer once cooled. You can always reheat it in the air fryer. Heat until warmed through.
Best Funnel Cake Fries Dipping Sauce
The possibilities of dips for these fries are endless. Here are a few ideas to get you started for a fantastic dip for your Air Fryer Funnel Cake Fries! I also included one of my favorite recipes for a homemade Honey Buttercream Dip that my kids find amazing!
Ingredients Needed For Honey Buttercream Dip
- Cream Cheese
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Powdered Sugar
How To Make Honey Buttercream Dip
Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and whisk well or beat using a hand mixer until smooth
More Air Fryer Dessert Recipes
Do you love your air fryer as much as I do? If so, then you’re going to love this blog post! Today, I’m sharing four delicious dessert recipes that you can cook in your air fryer. These recipes are perfect for satisfying your sweet tooth, and they’re all effortless to make. So, what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE
- BEST AIR FRYER MUG CAKE RECIPES FOR A SUPER EASY TREAT
- AIR FRYER LEMON MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER M&M MUG COOKIE
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Funnel Cake Fries
Air Fryer Funnel Cake Fries:
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cane sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon maple extract
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted and melted
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, divided
Honey Buttercream Dip:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 3 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, cinnamon, and 2 tbsp powdered sugar in a medium mixing bowl. Stir to combine, then whisk in the maple extract, sour cream, egg, and melted butter.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 5 minutes. Using Air Fryer Setting.
- Use a dough whisk to mix thoroughly. Use a tablespoon measuring spoon to scoop out the dough mixture.
- Roll each tablespoon of dough into a thin log.
- Arrange funnel cake fries in an air fryer basket in a single layer. Spray with coconut oil or olive oil—Cook for 5 minutes. Remove fries from the air fryer and spray lightly with coconut oil spray. Dust with powdered sugar and serve with dip.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer