Air Fryer Black Bean Tostadas makes for a speedy and delicious meal. If you are looking for an alternative for Taco Tuesday, make this batch of tostadas, fill them with your favorite taco fixing and drizzle some sour cream on top.
This makes for a really quick and fantastic meal within minutes, and it’s perfect for a weeknight meal that the entire family will love.
When I am in a rush during the week or need something quick, I usually made great tostadas with either chicken, beef, or black beans before my son’s hockey game.
All of these provide a great source of protein and take such little time in the Air Fryer. The air fryer does an amazing job at perfectly crisping up the tortilla while at the same time melting the cheese to perfection.
If you are looking for some other great and easy Air Fryer Meals, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER TRI-TIP STEAK RECIPE, AIR FRYER CHICKEN FRIED STEAK, AIR FRYER RIB EYE STEAK, and HOW TO COOK GROUND BEEF IN THE AIR FRYER.
What Are Tostadas?
Tostadas are really just the Spanish word for toasted. It’s usually served up on a corn tortilla and deep-fried.
The top of the fried tostadas is then filled with an assortment of toppings, usually including beef, chicken, black beans, refried beans, cheese, lettuce, tomatoes, and other typical Mexican toppings.
They are really easy to fry up, and today, I made a batch in the Air Fryer. The air fryer perfectly crisps them up without using a ton of oil from traditional deep frying, saving you a ton of calories.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Black Bean Tostadas
- Corn Tortillas
- Cooking Spray
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Black Beans
- Sour Cream
- Assorted Toppings: Lime, Guacamole, Pico de Gallo, etc.
How To Make Air Fryer Black Bean Tostadas
Start by spreading the tortillas out in the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Spray them generously with olive oil, and then air fry for 3 minutes on each side at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, and then air fry for another 1-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted. (Air Fryer still at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting)
Spread with the black beans, diced tomatoes, diced scallions, and more cheddar cheese. I added some sour cream, on top.
How to Serve the Tostadas
The best way to serve these up is to heat all of your hot fillings, i.e., chicken, pork, beef, or black beans. Add your hot ingredients up first, and then add your toppings.
These are best served right after they are prepared, otherwise they will get soggy.
Toppings For Tostadas
There are so many ways to top a Tosada with. Some of my favorite toppings are:
- Shredded Lettuce
- Diced Tomatoes
- Sliced Avacados
- Shredded Cheese
- Diced Red Onions
- Pico de Gallo
- Green Chiles
Other Mexican Inspired Air Fryer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER MEXICAN STREET CORN ON THE COB
- AIR FRYER QUESO (MEXICAN CHEESE DIP)
- TACO BELL MEXICAN PIZZA RECIPE IN THE AIR FRY
- AIR FRYER, MEXICAN AIR FRYER CHICKEN TAQUITOS
- AIR FRYER MEXICAN WEDDING COOKIES
- flour or corn tortilla
- olive oil spray
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup diced tomatoes
- 2 scallions diced
- 1 cup black beans, heated
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- other toppings, i.e., lime, guacamole, pico de gallo, etc.
- Start by spreading the tortillas out in the air fryer basket or air fryer tray. Spray them generously with olive oil, and then air fry for 3 minutes on each side at 400 degrees F.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top, and then air fry for another 1-3 minutes, until the cheese is melted. (Air Fryer still at 400 degrees F, air fryer setting)
- Spread with the black beans, diced tomatoes, diced scallions, and more cheddar cheese. I added some sour cream on top.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 389Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 352mgCarbohydrates: 44gFiber: 7gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.