Air Fryer Copycat Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread is a great copycat recipe of the famous Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread. The maple syrup in the middle makes it so moist and delicious. This is a winner.
Cooking is one of my favorite hobbies. I enjoy cooking for friends and family, experimenting with new ingredients, and finding the best recipes to create delicious and healthy dishes.
One dish I’ve wanted to try is Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread, but it doesn’t seem like they sell it anymore, so I decided to make my own! It turns out that making this bread at home was even easier than expected because all you need are a few essential ingredients which you probably have on hand already in your pantry or fridge. This pancake bread recipe tastes just like the original and will make an excellent addition to breakfast or brunch menus!
This is a great and easy make-ahead breakfast that is perfectly cooked up in the Air Fryer! I love a great piece of bread in the morning! It makes my mornings run so much smoother!
Some of my other favorite Air Fryer Quick Bread Recipes are AIR FRYER APPLE STREUSEL QUICK BREAD, AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE SWIRL QUICK BREAD, AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI PUMPKIN QUICK BREAD, and AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD.
What Is Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread?
If there is one food that a true breakfast enthusiast should have in their arsenal, it’s the Pancake Bread from Trader Joe’s. Made with half-crumbly coffee cake and fluffy buttermilk pancakes doused in rich maple syrup, it tastes like an incredibly sticky pancake encased by two layers of buttery goodness!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Baking Powder
- Granulated Sugar
- Maple Syrup
- Sour Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Air Fryer Copycat Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread
Start by mixing the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt together in a large mixing bowl. Then mix the butter, sugar, eggs, maple syrup, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
Then in a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients.
Prepare mini loaf pans by spraying with either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray. Pour the batter into the pans, sprinkle the topping on top, and set in the air fryer oven for 15 to 25 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting.
Cool, before slicing.
What Is Pancake Bread?
As Trader Joe’s packaging says, it is a “twist on the classic treat that has been around for years.” It’s no surprise that this buttermilk stack would be loved by all who try it- its moistness and sweetness are just too delicious!
Does it taste like a pancake?
I would tell my friends it tastes like a coffee cake. It is very crumbly topping and sweet center, with a hint of maple syrup, makes it amazingly light and fluffy.
I do not think anyone would think they were eating a pancake.
What Pans Work Best In the Air Fryer For Baking?
I would recommend that you use a set of mini loaf pans since they cook up perfectly. I have found that using a regular size loaf pan sometimes causes the middle to stay raw.
Some of my favorite mini loaf pans are: (affiliate links included)
MORE AIR FRYER QUICK BREAD RECIPES:
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY QUICK BREAD
- AIR FRYER RASPBERRY LEMON QUICK BREAD
- EASY AIR FRYER LEMON QUICK BREAD
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CHIP QUICK BREAD
DON’T FORGET TO PIN:
Air Fryer Copycat Trader Joe’s Pancake Bread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup room temperature, unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Start by mixing the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt together in a large mixing bowl.
- Then mix the butter, sugar, eggs, maple syrup, sour cream, and vanilla extract.
- Then in a small bowl, mix the topping ingredients.
- Prepare mini loaf pans by spraying with either non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray. (see my blog post for suggested ones)
- Pour the batter into the pans, sprinkle the topping on top, and set in the air fryer oven for 15 to 20 minutes at 320 degrees F, air fryer setting. (the cooking time will vary significantly by the pans that you are using)
- Cool, before slicing.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Mini Loaf Pans
- Cooking Spray