Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread is amazing! It is also the perfect breakfast, filled with chunks of fresh apples and all of the fall spices. This is the perfect breakfast to wake up on, on a lovely fall morning.
So, if you are looking for a way to use up your bounty of apples from apple picking, this is one of my favorites! The top is amazing, and the center is everything you want it to be, moist, tender, and filled with chunks of apples.
This bakes up so well in the Air Fryer, light, tender, and delicious. And without preheating and cooking in about half the time of a traditional oven, this will convince you that baking is awesome in the Air Fryer.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Quick Bread Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD MUG CAKE, AIR FRYER CRANBERRY WALNUT BREAD, AIR FRYER RASPBERRY BREAD, and AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI BREAD.
Apple Streusel Quick Bread
Characterized as a sweet bread infused with diced apples and on top a sweet and rich cinnamon topping. This is guaranteed to serve even the pickiest eaters n your house. There is nothing like an extra dose of cinnamon and sugar in the morning.
Served with a hot cup of coffee, this makes for an amazing breakfast, snack, or dessert.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread
- Brown Sugar
- Ground Cinnamon
- Ground Nutmeg
- Fresh Apples
- Granulated Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Powder
- Baking Soda
- Sour Cream
How To Make Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread
Start by spraying your loaf pan with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. In a small mixing bowl, mix together the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
Peel and core your apples, then cut them up, and spoon in 1 tablespoon of sugar.
In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter, then gradually add the eggs, and vanilla extract.
Mix in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda. Mix well, then add the sour cream.
Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then sprinkle the apple mixture in the center, followed by more of the batter.
Sprinkle the top with the brown sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mixture.
Set in the air fryer basket or tray, for 12 minutes at 330 degrees F. (air fryer setting)
Check your bread, if it’s fully cooked. I put a toothpick in the center of the bread.
Tips For Making the Best Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread
- Make sure to use a thinner pan than you would if you were baking this, this would ensure that the center of the bread gets fully cooked.
- Grease your pan well with non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper.
- If you do not want to peel, you can omit that step, they will cook up, and the skins will be tender.
- Do not overmix the batter. Otherwise, you will end up with dense apple bread.
- Check frequently your Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread to make sure it doesn’t overbake.
- If you find that the top of the bread is getting browner, add a piece of foil snuggly around the bread.
Best Apples for Apple Bread
There are so many types of apples that you can use for this quick bread. Some of my favorites include:
- Granny smith
- Pink Lady
Whatever apples you choose for this recipe, make sure that they are firm. You want a fresh batch of apples for this recipe. Otherwise, the entire bread might turn mushy.
How To Store Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread
This is a great bread to store. To store it properly, let it cool to room temperature, and then place a piece of foil or saran wrap around the cake.
Apple Streusel Quick Bread will last for a couple of days on the counter. For any longer, cover and place into the refrigerator where it will last for about a week.
How To Freeze Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread
This is also a great bread to freeze. You can either freeze it whole or cut it into slices and freeze it individually. I usually freeze the slices, as it is easy to defrost what you want and eat it through the upcoming months.
To Freeze It Whole: Let it cool to room temperature, wrap in saran wrap a few times, and then with a layer of foil. Place the bread into a freezer bag.
To Freeze It In Slices: Let the bread cool to room temperature and slice it. Place the slices onto a parchment-lined baking tray. Set the baking tray into the freezer, and freeze until the pieces are frozen solid. Wrap the slices up a few times in saran wrap and then in a layer of foil. Place the slices into a freezer bag.
Both methods will keep your Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread good for about 1 to 2 months.
To Use From Frozen: Place your frozen bread or bread slices into the refrigerator overnight until thawed.
More Air Fryer Apple Recipes-
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Apple Streusel Quick Bread
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
Apple Quick Bread:
- 2 large apples, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Start by spraying your loaf pan with olive oil spray.
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Peel and core your apples, then cut them up, spoon in 1 tablespoon of sugar.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the sugar and butter, then gradually add the eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour, baking powder, and baking soda.
- Mix well, then add the sour cream
- Pour half the batter into the prepared loaf pan, then sprinkle the apple mixture in the center, followed by more batter.
- Sprinkle the top with the brown sugar/cinnamon/nutmeg mixture.
- Set in the air fryer basket or tray for 12 to 20 minutes at 330 degrees F. (air fryer setting)
- Check your bread if it’s fully cooked. I put a toothpick in the center of the bread.
- The exact time is going to depend on your air fryer and what pans you made it in. Obviously, the larger pans will need more time.
- Just continue to air fry in 5-minute intervals until the toothpick comes out clean.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Baking Pan, Oven Safe (thin pan works best)