Air Fryer Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms are amazing! And best yet, you can have a whole batch air-fried perfectly within a few minutes!
Growing up in an Italian family, my mother would make her homemade Italian version for almost every holiday and get-together. My husband really enjoys the Red Lobster Appetizer and Stuffed Mushrooms, so after I made my mother’s version, I tried my hand at these–one-word– amazing!!
If you love stuffed mushrooms as much as my family, this is the perfect recipe for you, and if you love mushrooms in general, try this easy Air Fryer Garlic Mushroom Appetizer, one of my family’s favorites.
What are Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
Red Lobster’s Stuffed Mushrooms are a popular appetizer item on their menu. They are mushroom caps filled with decadent seafood stuffing, baked until tender, and served in a garlic-white wine sauce.
The stuffing primarily contains crabmeat, but it can also have other seafood ingredients and is seasoned with various herbs and spices. It’s a flavorful dish with a savory blend of seafood, cheese, and mushroom flavors. The creamy seafood filling combined with the earthy taste of the mushroom makes it a favorite among many Red Lobster patrons.
Can You Cook Stuffed Mushrooms In Air Fryer
Yes, you can cook stuffed mushrooms in an air fryer! Cooking stuffed mushrooms in an air fryer makes them crispy on the outside while retaining a juicy and tender interior.
The quick and even hot air circulation ensures that the mushrooms and their stuffing are cooked thoroughly without becoming too oily or greasy. Here’s a basic method for cooking stuffed mushrooms in an air fryer:
Copycat Red Lobster Air Fryer Stuffed Mushrooms
With a few ingredients, you can make a platter of Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms, and if you want to make these in the oven, I added some instructions in the note in the recipe card for making them.
What Do You Need For Air Fryer Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
Are you a fan of Red Lobster’s succulent stuffed mushrooms? If so, you will love this tasty copycat recipe that uses an air fryer—a life-saver for those who want restaurant flavor and quality with the convenience of homemade meals. Whether you’re looking to infuse your dinner table with something new or feed a party full of guests without spending all day in the kitchen, these bite-sized treats promise incredible flavor and unbeatable ease.
Plus, we’ve included step-by-step instructions and tips on what types of ingredients work best to make this dish pop. So read on if you’re ready to try delicious Air Fryer Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms!
Rememebr the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Mushroom Caps: These act as the vessel for the stuffing, providing an earthy base that contrasts with the rich filling. Choose uniformly sized caps for even cooking.
- Breadcrumbs/Saltine crackers: Breadcrumbs give the stuffing a hearty texture and help bind the filling ingredients together, ensuring a moist interior with a slightly crispy exterior when cooked.
- Garlic: Garlic adds a pungent, aromatic flavor to the stuffing, enhancing the overall savory notes of the dish.
- Grated Cheese: Cheese, when melted inside the mushrooms, provides a creamy texture and a rich, tangy flavor that complements the other ingredients.
- Herbs: Fresh or dried herbs, such as parsley or thyme, lend a fragrant aroma and elevate the taste of the stuffing.
- Proteins (optional): Ingredients like crabmeat or sausage can be included to add depth of flavor and a meaty texture to the filling.
- Celery: Celery offers a refreshing crunch to the stuffing mix and introduces a subtle, slightly bitter note that contrasts well with the richness of the other ingredients.
How Do You Prepare Air Fryer Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
Do you love the flavor of stuffed mushrooms from Red Lobster but not the high prices? Look no further than your trusty air fryer for a cheaper and healthier alternative.
This air fryer copycat Red Lobster stuffed mushroom recipe will have you singing a jazzy sea shanty because it is loaded with cheesy goodness and all your favorite seafood flavors. Add some freshly sliced lemon wedges to this delicious meal and dive into an unforgettable restaurant-quality experience without breaking the bank or compromising quality!
Step One: Prepare the Filling
In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, garlic, celery, and bell pepper, and over medium heat, saute the garlic, celery, and red pepper until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
Step Two: Add All of The Filling To The Bowl
Add the sauteed vegetables, crackers, cheese, crab meat, Old Bay Seasoning, and egg in a small bowl and mix well.
Step Three: Fill The Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
Spoon the crab mixture into the hollowed-out mushroom.
Step Four: Air Fry Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
Spray your basket with olive oil spray, then place your stuffed mushrooms into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and set the cook time for 5-7 minutes.
Sprinkle the cheese onto the mushrooms and air fry for another 2-3 minutes, long enough for the cheese to melt.
Pro Tips For Making Air Fryer Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
- Prep Mushrooms Properly: Clean the mushroom caps gently with a damp cloth to remove any dirt. Avoid washing them directly under water, as they can become soggy.
- Hollow Out the Caps: Use a small spoon or knife to remove the stem and create more space for stuffing, ensuring you don’t puncture the base.
- Uniform Size: Choose mushroom caps of similar size for even cooking. This ensures all mushrooms are done at the same time.
- Season the Mushrooms: Before adding the stuffing, lightly season the inside of the mushroom caps with salt and pepper. This step enhances the overall flavor.
- Avoid Overstuffing: While tempting, overstuffing can lead to spilling and uneven cooking. Fill just to the brim or slightly mounded.
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Always preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before cooking. This helps in achieving a crispy exterior.
- Leave Space: Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket. Leave some space between each mushroom to ensure proper air circulation and even cooking.
- Monitor Cooking Time: Air fryers can vary, so check a bit earlier than the recipe suggests to ensure they don’t overcook.
- Serve Immediately: For the best taste and texture, serve the stuffed mushrooms hot out of the air fryer.
- Use Fresh Ingredients: When replicating a dish like Red Lobster’s stuffed mushrooms, the quality of ingredients makes a difference. Fresh herbs, good-quality cheese, and fresh mushrooms can elevate the dish.
Remember, with dishes like these, a lot of the flavor and success come from the quality and freshness of ingredients combined with careful cooking. Adjust based on your air fryer’s specifics and your personal preferences.
How To Store Leftover Mushrooms
If you have any leftovers, let them cool down to room temperature and place them in an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator; they should last between 2 to 3 days.
How To Freeze/Make Ahead Stuffed Mushrooms
Yes, but you would freeze them before you air fry them. Follow the instructions for stuffing them, and then stop before the step for airing them.
Place them on a baking sheet. Place the stuffed mushrooms onto the baking sheet and pop them into the freezer. When they are frozen individually, please remove them and place them in a Ziploc bag.
When it’s time to air fry the frozen mushrooms, add a few minutes to the cooking time below.
How To Reheat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms In Air Fryer
Reheating Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms in an air fryer is a great way to maintain the crispy texture of the stuffing while ensuring the mushroom remains moist and flavorful. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to do it:
- Preheat the Air Fryer: Before placing the stuffed mushrooms inside, preheat your air fryer to 320°F (160°C). Preheating ensures even cooking.
- Arrange the Mushrooms: Place the stuffed mushrooms in a single layer in the air fryer basket, ensuring they don’t overlap. This allows for even heating and crisping.
- Reheat: Air fry the stuffed mushrooms for 4-6 minutes. The exact time may vary based on the size of the mushrooms and your specific air fryer model. Keep an eye on them to avoid overcooking.
- Check the Temperature: For the best results, the center of the stuffing should reach a temperature of at least 165°F (74°C). You can use a food thermometer to check.
- Serve Immediately: Once reheated, remove the mushrooms from the air fryer and serve immediately for the best texture and flavor.
Note: If the mushrooms are frozen, you may need to increase the reheating time. Always ensure they are heated through before serving.
Using an air fryer for reheating retains the mushroom’s moisture while ensuring the stuffing remains crisp. This method is much more effective than using a microwave, which can make the mushrooms soggy. Enjoy your Red Lobster stuffed mushrooms just like they were freshly made!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER, HAM AND CHEESE CRESCENT ROLLS
- AIR FRYER, LOADED AIR-FRIED POTATO ROUNDS
- Air Fryer Crispy Bacon
- Air Fryer Twice Baked Potatoes
- Easy Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes
- Air Fryer Potato Wedges
|Disclosure: Some of the links below are affiliate links. At no cost to you, I will earn a commission if you click through and make a purchase.|
Don’t Forget To Pin–
Air Fryer Copycat Red Lobster Stuffed Mushrooms
- 1 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon Old Bay Seasoning
- 1 large Egg
- 20 button mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped lobster , or crab
- 15 saltine crackers , crumbled
- 1 cup Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large saucepan, add the olive oil, garlic, celery, and bell pepper, and over medium heat, saute the garlic, celery, and red pepper until softened, about 3-5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, add the sauteed vegetables, add the crackers, cheese, crab meat, Old Bay Seasoning, egg, mix well.
- Spoon the crab mixture into the hollowed-out mushroom.
- Spray your basket with olive oil spray, and then place your stuffed mushrooms into the air fryer basket. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, and set the timer for 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the cheese onto the mushrooms and air fry for another 2-3 minutes, just long enough for the cheese to melt.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional