With the summer here, Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs, why not elevate my traditional air fryer hot dog recipe to something even more amazing!
Everyone loves chili cheese hot dogs; it’s one of America’s favorite foods. If you have not roasted a hot dog in the air fryer, you are seriously missing out. It’s so good.
They taste better than grilled, and my kids absolutely love them, and they are done so quickly that you wonder why you didn’t think of this sooner.
If you are looking for even more easy recipes for a quick meal, here are some of my favorites, AIR FRYER TURKEY CLUB SANDWICH, AIR FRYER COPYCAT MCDONALD’S FILET-O-FISH, AIR FRYER GRILLED CHEESE PIZZA SANDWICHES or AIR FRYER PATTY MELT.
Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
If you have ever gone to a state fair or went to an amazing BBQ cookout, these were probably served. They are one of America’s favorite foods.
You only need a few ingredients to make these, and they are amazing, so next time you want to air fry up some hot dogs, I hope you will think of this recipe and make a batch.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
- Hot Dogs
- Hot Dog Rolls
- Shredded Cheese
How To Make Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
Add the hot dogs to the air fryer tray or basket. Set the tray or the basket in the air fryer and set the temperature to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes. (Air fryer setting)
Set the hot dogs into the hot dog bun. Spoon the chili sauce over the hot dogs. Then sprinkle the cheese over the chili sauce.
Set the pan back into the air fryer and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. (air fryer setting) Then stand near the air fryer. Once the cheese is melted, remove them from the air fryer.
WHAT KIND OF CHILI CAN I USE IN THIS RECIPE?
This is a great question. I usually tell everyone that they can make a batch of Instant Pot Chili and then have the chili one night and then use the leftover chili to make these.
Talk about a double-purpose meal, and this is a great way to use leftover chili.
If you want to use store-bought, there are a lot of great ones out there. My family really loves the one I purchase from Costco.
The key to using store-bought chili is to heat it. Otherwise, you will end up overcooking the hot dog.
CAN I REHEAT THESE CHILI CHEESE DOGS?
Yes, my personal advice would be that you should only make enough for your meal since the hot dog bun will get soggy.
So, I usually make them as my kids eat them since they only take minutes to make. This way, everyone gets a fresh and delicious Chili Cheese Hot Dog.
HOW TO MAKE THIS VEGETARIAN/VEGAN:
If you follow a vegan or vegetarian diet, the easiest thing to do is to use Beyond or Impossible Ground Meat to make the chili. However, they do sell vegetarian and vegan chili in the cans.
Then replace the hot dog with a vegan or vegetarian hot dog. I know that there are several brands on the market.
WHAT TO PAIR WITH CHILI CHEESE DOGS:
There are so many topping that you can add to your chili cheese dogs, and you can even set it up as a station so the kids can add their own toppings (the adults too)
Some great ideas are:
- Onions-There is nothing like diced onions on your hot dog.
- Mustard-Great with both chili and hot dogs
WHAT TO SERVE AIR FRYER CHILI HOT DOGS WITH
There are so many ideas as they go with almost everything. Some common side dishes for this meal are:
TIPS AND TRICKS:
- If you are having trouble with the hot dog tipping over with the chili sauce, add it to a baking pan. That way, the chili and the cheese will not fall out.
- If you want to add them to the broiler, place them into a baking pan and then broil them for a couple of minutes to melt the cheese.
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Chili Cheese Hot Dogs
- 4-5 hot dogs
- 4-5 hot dog rolls
- 1 cup chili, prepared
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Add the hot dogs to the air fryer tray or basket. Set the tray or the basket in the air fryer and set the temperature to 370 degrees F for 5 minutes. (Air fryer setting)
- Set the hot dogs into the hot dog bun. I put them in one of my air fryer pans, so once I added the sauce and the cheese, the chili sauce and the cheese would not fall out.
- Spoon the chili sauce over the hot dogs.
- Then sprinkle the cheese over the chili sauce.
- Set the pan back into the air fryer and set the temperature to 300 degrees F for 5 minutes. (air fryer setting) Then stand near the air fryer. Once the cheese is melted, remove them from the air fryer.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer, Air Fryer Basket or Air Fryer Oven