Do you like cheeseburgers? Are you looking for a way to enjoy this classic American dish without having to spend a lot of time in the kitchen? This recipe will show you how to make juicy air fryer hamburgers. Try them out today!
If you’re looking for an easy way to enjoy a delicious cheeseburger, your air fryer is the perfect appliance for the job! These Easy Air Fryer Cheeseburgers are quick and straightforward to make, and they’re a crowd-pleaser. Plus, since they cook in the air fryer, they’re much healthier than traditional burgers. Give this recipe a try and see for yourself! This will soon be your favorite way to cook the perfect burger.
The Best Air Fryer Cheeseburgers
Who says you need a grill to make a delicious cheeseburger? The air fryer is the perfect tool for creating crispy, juicy burgers without all the hassle of traditional grilling or deep frying, creating one of your family’s favorite recipes. The key to these mouthwatering burgers is using high-quality ground beef and forming them into thin patties. The thinness allows the air fryer to cook them quickly and evenly while promoting maximum crispiness on the outside. Don’t forget to top it with your favorite cheese for that gooey melted finish. These air fryer cheeseburgers will surely be a hit at your next cookout or family dinner. Give it a try, and you’ll never want to return to grilled cheeseburgers again.
The outside of the burgers is perfectly done, and there is nothing better than a batch of homemade burgers!
So, if you are looking for a batch of juicy hamburgers, look no further than your air fryer, where they will be ready in a couple of minutes!
Why Cook Hamburger Patties In The Air Fryer
Why subject yourself to the smoke and mess of a grill when you can cook your hamburger patties in an air fryer? Not only does it eliminate the need for flared-up grease, but it also cooks your patties evenly and quickly. Your burgers will come out juicy on the inside, and crisp on the outside, just like you cooked them on a grill or pan. Plus, using an air fryer means less cleanup for you afterward. So next time you’re craving a juicy and delicious burger, why not try your air fryer? You won’t regret it.
This might be the best air fryer burger recipe! The result is a delicious air fryer burger! Serve with some Air Fryer French Fries or Air Fryer Onion Rings for a classic meal.
Ingredients Needed For The Best Air Fried Cheeseburgers
A perfect cheeseburger always includes a juicy burger, melted cheese, and the perfect bun. But what about air frying it? Believe it or not, this cooking method can create an even better burger than grilling! To get the best results, you’ll need some specific ingredients. Keep reading for tips on creating the perfect air-fried cheeseburger. Check out the detailed ingredients, and easy recipe, in the recipe card below.
- Ground Beef: To prevent your air fryer from smoking, use lean ground beef. It will produce a good burger. Be sure to use fresh ground beef for the best flavor!
- Butter: Use frozen or cold butter that has been grated
- Worcestershire Sauce: A great way to add some umami flavor and enhances everything
- Minced Garlic: fresh is best but jarred, a paste, or powdered will do in a pinch
- Cheese: American cheese or cheddar cheese is fine, or go with pepper jack cheese for a spicy kick
- Other Spices and Seasonings: Onion Powder, garlic powder, Sea Salt, Liquid Smoke, Black Pepper
- For Serving: Serve in burger buns with your favorite toppings, including lettuce, onion, tomato, and condiments. If you are on a keto-friendly or low-carb diet, you can replace the buns and use lettuce wraps.
How Much Ground Beef: Depending on how many people you are serving, you will need between 1 to 2 pounds of ground beef for a family of 4. You can also make pound patties for a great treat!
How To Cook Cheeseburgers In Air Fryer
Step 1: Combine ingredients and mix
- Firstly, preheat your air fryer (if necessary) to the 370 degrees F air fryer setting.
- Then combine the beef, grated butter, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic, and onion powder in a large bowl.
Step 2: Make patties and add seasoning.
- Divide the mixture into four equal parts, then form patties. Press a thumb into the center of each patty to create an indentation ‘o’ that the patty holds its shape as it cooks.
- Salt and pepper on both sides of the patties.
Step 3: Put in Air Fryer and cook
- Place the patties in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. For easy clean-up, place on the bottom of your air fryer basket, parchment paper, or aluminum foil, or use a reusable silicone liner, and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Use a meat thermometer, and check the internal temperature before removing it. Remember, the cooking time will depend on the size of your air fryer.
Step 4: Add (optional) cheese and serve
- Optional: Turn off the air fryer and open the basket, place slices of cheese on each patty, and then close the basket for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
- Serve hot with your favorite fixing. These might be the best burgers you ever eat and are sure to be a family favorite!
Pro Tip For The Best Air Fried Cheeseburgers
Who doesn’t love a good cheeseburger? And now, with air frying, you can cook them perfectly at home! These tips will help make your air-fried cheeseburgers the best they can be. Enjoy!
- Seasonings and Spices: Make sure your beef is adequately seasoned before cooking. This can be as simple as adding a little salt and pepper or using a premade burger seasoning mix. Mix some hot sauce into the burgers for a little bit of spice.
- Preheat:: Be sure to preheat your air fryer before adding in the burgers so they can begin cooking immediately.
- Assembling Your Burgers: When it comes time to build your cheeseburgers, place the cheese slices on top of the patty inside the bun before placing them in the air fryer. This will ensure maximum melting potential and prevent any dry burgers.
- Overcrowding: Don’t overcrowd the fryer basket – allowing space for airflow, or hot air, that will result in even cooking and a crispy bun.
- Burger Press: If you don’t have much experience in making burgers, use you always use a burger press.
- Meat; You can also use ground turkey or ground chicken for a healthier option. You can also purchase fresh hamburgers that have already been shaped, found in the meat department at your local grocery store.
- Buns: Use either a regular hamburger bun or Brioche buns!
Following these tips will guarantee delicious air-fried cheeseburgers every time!
What To Serve With Air Fryer Hamburger Recipe
What do you serve alongside an air fryer hamburger recipe? While the burger is the star of the show, there are plenty of options for delicious sides. A side salad or air fryer roasted veggies add a burst of freshness to balance out the burger’s richness. If you’re feeling more indulgent, try adding French fries, onion rings, or tater tots cooked in the air fryer for an all-around easy meal.
For something a little different, try serving it with sweet potato or beet chips for added color and flavor. As for condiments, don’t forget about your traditional favorite burger fixings like ketchup, mustard, bbq sauce, and pickles – or get creative with alternatives like avocado slices or homemade onion jam. Ultimately, just go with whatever sounds delicious to you! The best part about cooking at home is having complete control over your meals. So pair that air fryer hamburger with whatever tasty sides you desire.
Cooking Times For Air Fryer Burgers
Are you craving a juicy burger but are tired of standing over the grill or using your frying pan? Look no further than the air fryer! The cook time for air fryer burgers will vary based on how thick your patties are and how well you like them, but here are some general guidelines.
For medium rare, cook your burgers for about 8 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit. If you prefer to medium doneness, increase the cooking time by 2-3 minutes per side. Flip the burgers halfway through cooking to ensure even browning on both sides. And don’t forget to let them rest for a couple of minutes before serving – that way, all those delicious juices will stay trapped inside the patty instead of spilling onto your plate. Now grab your top bun, bottom bun, and favorite condiments, and enjoy a tasty burger cooked in less time!
The cooking time depends on what air fryer you are using. Whether the Ninja Foodi, PowerXL, Cosori, or Vortex Plus. This is a great recipe that will work in any air fryer!
How to Store Cheeseburgers
If you have leftover cheeseburgers, let them cool to room temperature and place them in an airtight container. The tasty burger will last for 2 to 4 days.
How To Reheat Cheeseburgers In Air Fryer
Have leftovers from last night’s tasty cheeseburger dinner and can’t wait to have them for lunch? Reheat your cheeseburgers in the air fryer to achieve that crispy, charred texture without all the added grease. Simply preheat your air fryer to 400 degrees Fahrenheit and place your leftover burgers inside for 3-4 minutes, flipping halfway through. For a melty finish, top with a slice of cheese and cook for an additional minute.
Enjoy your burgers in just minutes! Don’t forget the fries – they can be heated up in the air fryer! Toss them in for about five minutes at 360 degrees Fahrenheit for perfect results. No more soggy microwave sandwiches, now you will get delicious air fryer burgers every time! – enjoy the taste of freshly-cooked food easily thanks to the air fryer.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you love burger night, check out some other great options, for lunch or dinner below, and they aim to please every single time. If you are new to air frying, you will be amazed at how flavorful burgers can be in the air fryer! And they are a great choice for dinner, great for a perfect time or dinner!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air fryer cheeseburgers are easily the best homemade burger option out there. The air fryer gives the outside a perfectly crisp and crunchy texture, while the inside stays juicy and flavorful.
- 2.25 pound ground beef 90/10
- 1/3 cup butter cold, unsalted, and grated
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 teaspoons garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 slices cheese
Ppreheat your air fryer (if necessary) to the 370 degrees F air fryer setting.
Then combine the beef, grated butter, Worcestershire Sauce, garlic, and onion powder in a large bowl.
Divide the mixture into four equal parts, then form patties. Press a thumb into the center of each patty to create an indentation ‘o’ that the patty holds its shape as it cooks.
Salt and pepper on both sides of the patties.
Place the patties in a single layer in the preheated air fryer. For easy clean-up, place on the bottom of your air fryer basket, parchment paper, or aluminum foil, or use a reusable silicone liner, and cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
Use a meat thermometer, and check the internal temperature before removing it. Remember, the cooking time will depend on the size of your air fryer.
Optional: Turn off the air fryer and open the basket, place slices of cheese on each patty, and then close the basket for 1-2 minutes to melt the cheese.
Serve hot with your favorite fixing. These might be the best burgers you ever eat and are sure to be a family favorite!