Everyone uses ground beef, at least once per week in their cooking, I thought it was a great time to talk about how to purchase ground beef, what to look for and some pointers.
- Ground beef is actually a combination of beef cuts. It usually is a combination of chuck, round and sirloin. Some labels, at the grocery store, may include the cut of meat that is ground.
- Always purchase ground meat that is bright red. You can tell older ground meat by the color, if it is brown or gray, do not purchase it, as it indicates that it is older.
- For huge savings purchase a family pack of ground beef and then freeze some of the meat for later.
- Look for a tightly wrapped package of meat, avoid a package with loose plastic wrap or a tear.
- Here are some guides for purchasing ground beef due to leanness:
- Not less than 73% lean-This is normal just labeled ground beef. This meat is good for chilis, soups, sloppy joes and pizzas.
- Not less than 80% lean-This meat is used best in meat loves, meatballs and hamburgers
- Not less than 85% lean-This is best used in casseroles
The most important thing to remember when using ground meat is that it is very versatile.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
- Air Fryer, The Quickest and Juiciest Air Fryer CheeseburgersPrep Time5 minsCook Time12 minsTotal Time17 mins
A great alternative to grilling. My burger was juicy and very quick. This is a great way to get your hamburger or cheeseburger fix during the winter months.Course: Main CourseCuisine: AmericanServings: 4 servingsIngredients
Optional: Hamburger buns, lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onions, red onions, ketchup, etc.Instructions
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon burger seasoning
- salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slices American cheese
In a small mixing bowl, mix together the ground beef, Worcesthries sauce, burger seasoning, and salt and pepper.
Shape the meat into hamburger patties. Depending on the size of your burgers, I was able to make 4.
Then set them burgers into the air fryer basket or oven, with the temperature at 350 degrees for 5 minutes. After 5 minutes, flip the burgers and air fry for another 5 minutes. (Air Fryer Setting)
Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer, The internal temperature should be about 145°F for medium-rare for medium, 160°F.
Once the burger is cooked, add a piece of cheese on top, and air fry for another 2 minutes, to melt the cheese. As soon as the cheese is melted remove. The time for the melting will depend on the air fryer you own.
Plate, serve and enjoy!