Air Fryer Bread Pudding — If you are looking for something sweet to satisfy your cravings, then look no further! This Air Fryer Bread Pudding is delicious and will have you coming back for more. This recipe only requires five ingredients so it’s easy to make, but tastes like a million bucks. It just might become your new favorite dessert!
Air Fryer Bread Pudding is so amazing! This makes for a great and easy dessert for any time of day! My kids love it with either a scoop of vanilla ice cream or with whipped cream and diced strawberries.
I changed my mother’s recipe a bit and added some chocolate since both of my kids are chocoholics. This is a great use for leftover bread and bakes up beautifully in the air fryer.
I love a quick and easy bread pudding recipe, my mother always makes them around the holidays, but with the air fryer, you can make them anytime.
Some other great and easy Air Fryer Desserts are AIR FRYER DESSERT NACHOS, AIR FRYER PANCAKE BATTER OREOS, AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS, and my kid’s favorite, AIR FRYER PEANUT BUTTER BANANA EGG ROLLS.
If you did not grow up having bread pudding, you’re probably wondering what bread pudding is and how you could actually air fry pudding.
Bread Pudding is an old-fashioned dessert that originated in England. Many countries have their own versions.
All bread pudding recipes are almost the same; they start with stale bread, milk, eggs, butter (or oil), honey, or maple syrup, and then added in some spices.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Bread Pudding
- Stale Bread
- Granulated Sugar
- Semisweet Chocolate
- Half and Half
- Pure Vanilla Extract
How To Make Air Fryer Bread Pudding
In a large bowl, mix the sugar, milk, and half and half together, add in the egg, and vanilla, and salt, mix well.
Add in the melted chocolate, and mix well. (Melt the chocolate, per the directions on the package)
Add in the bread and let it soak for about 20 minutes.
Grease your ramekins, and then spoon the bread pudding into them, filling about 2/3 the way full.
Set the ramekins into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 325 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 12-15 minutes.
Note: Before removing the bread puddings from the Air Fryer, check to make sure that the bread pudding is completely cooked by sticking a toothpick into the center of the bread pudding.
Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Some Pro Tips:
- Stale bread works best for this recipe since it will absorb more of the liquid moisture.
- Let the bread soak, so the bread becomes moist, and this will really make a great difference in getting A GREAT BREAD PUDDING.
CAN YOU FREEZE BREAD PUDDING?
Yes, this is a great make-ahead dessert. All you need to do is pop the dessert out of the ramekin, place it on a greased baking sheet and place it into the freezer until frozen solid.
Place the frozen bread pudding into a freezer-safe container or a freezer bag.
To Use From Frozen: Place the frozen bread pudding into the refrigerator, to thaw. It will thaw in about 9 to 12 hours. If you want to eat it before then, leave it on the counter to thaw.
DOES IT NEED TO BE REFRIGERATED?
Yes, since this was prepared with milk and cream, you need to keep it in the refrigerator. Cover them tightly and then place them into the refrigerator.
They will last between 2 to 4 days.
HOW DO YOU REHEAT IT?
Suppose you would like to reheat it before serving. All you need to do is place it back into the air fryer basket at 300 degrees F, air fryer setting until warmed through.
You can also use the microwave to reheat until warmed through.
Why is stale bread better for bread pudding?
Stale bread is better for bread pudding because it absorbs the moisture from the milk and egg better.
How do you know when bread pudding is done?
The best way to make sure that your bread pudding is done is to stick a toothpick in the pudding center. If it comes out clean, it’s done, it comes out with liquid on it, it needs a few more minutes.
This is really important because you are using the air fryer and all air fyrers cook at a slightly different time. So check your bread pudding before removing it from the air fryer basket.
What Are Some Great Toppings For Bread Pudding?
While you can eat this as is, mostly everyone I talked to about bread pudding has a favorite topping. Some popular ones are:
- Vanilla Ice Cream
- Whipped Cream
- Butterscotch Topping
- Marshmallow Topping
- Praline Toppings
- Fresh Fruit
Some Other Great & Easy Air Fryer Desserts-
- AIR FRYER CHERRY CHIMICHANGAS
- AIR FRYER PANCAKE BATTER OREOS
- EASY AIR FRYER S’MORES
- NINJA FOODI RUM RAISIN RICE PUDDING
- AIR FRYER STRAWBERRY POP-TARTS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN FRUIT PUFF PASTRIES TURNOVERS
Don’t Forget To Pin For Later–
- 3 cups diced stale bread (crust removed)
- 2 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1/2 cup half and half
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Toppings: Vanilla Ice Cream, Whipped Cream, Fresh Fruit, etc.
- In a large bowl, mix the sugar, milk, and half and half together, add in the egg, and vanilla, and salt, mix well.
- Add in the melted chocolate, and mix well. (Melt the chocolate, per the directions on the package)
- Add in the bread and let it soak for about 20 minutes.
- Grease your ramekins, and then spoon the bread pudding into them, filling about 2/3 the way full.
- Set the ramekins into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 325 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for about 12-15 minutes.
- Note: Before removing the bread puddings from the Air Fryer, check to make sure that the bread pudding is completely cooked by sticking a toothpick into the center of the bread pudding.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 895Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 16gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 150mgSodium: 721mgCarbohydrates: 149gFiber: 5gSugar: 111gProtein: 17g
All information presented on this site is intended for informational purposes only. I am not a certified nutritionist and any nutritional information shared on ForkToSpoon.com should only be used as a general guideline.