Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread Pudding — There’s something truly magical about Fall. The crisp air, the pumpkin-spiced treats – it’s a time of year that we all love to look forward to each year!
And if you’re looking for a delicious and seasonal dessert that won’t take too much effort, why not try this Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread Pudding? With its tender bread cubes, bold spices, and creamy custard base – this golden brown dish will surely be a hit at your next fall gathering. Plus, since it’s cooked in an air fryer instead of an oven, it helps keep things mess-free and easy! So grab some canned pumpkin puree, stale bread, and a mix of warm winter spices; let’s get ready for some deliciously sweet autumn comfort food!
The Best Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe
Immerse yourself in the cozy flavors of fall with the Best Pumpkin Bread Pudding Recipe. This scrumptious dessert, brimming with warm spices and luscious pumpkin, embodies everything we love about this comforting season.
The velvety pumpkin custard soaks into day-old bread, transforming it into a rich and decadent treat. Baked to perfection, it yields a lightly crisped top while preserving a creamy, soft interior – a delightful contrast in every bite. Whether you’re looking to impress at your next gathering or wish to enjoy a slice of autumn bliss with a cup of coffee, this pumpkin bread pudding recipe will hit all the right notes. Get ready to fall in love with every spoonful of this autumnal delight!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread Pudding
Are you in the mood for something sweet and comforting? Make a deliciously warm and gooey Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread Pudding! Perfect for fall, this treat will satisfy your cravings using simple ingredients. Not sure where to start? Let us help you get everything you need to prepare this cozy experience from scratch. From prep time to nutritional information, we’ve got all the details here so your pumpkin bread pudding creation turns out even tastier than expected!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
Here’s a detailed list of the ingredients you’ll need to make Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread Pudding:
- Day-Old Bread: You can use a variety of breads like brioche, challah, or French bread. Day-old bread helps it soak up the pumpkin custard without becoming too soggy.
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure to use pure pumpkin puree, not pumpkin pie filling with added sugar and spices.
- Eggs: The eggs help to set the pudding, giving it its classic custardy texture.
- Whole Milk & Heavy Cream: This duo gives the pudding rich, creamy consistency.
- Granulated Sugar: This adds just the right amount of sweetness to the bread pudding.
- Brown Sugar: Brown sugar adds a rich molasses flavor that pairs well with the pumpkin.
- Vanilla Extract: Vanilla enhances the overall flavor of the bread pudding.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: This blend of warm spices complements the pumpkin flavor.
- Cinnamon: Adds an extra hint of warmth and spice to the dish.
- Salt: Kosher Salt helps to balance the sweetness and brings out the flavors of the other ingredients.
How To Make Bread Pudding In Air Fryer
It’s hard to resist the allure of a delicious plate of bread pudding. This classic dessert is warm and comforting, perfect for settling in on cold winter days or as an indulgent weekend treat after a home-cooked meal.
Though it may look complicated, making bread pudding doesn’t have to be difficult; the job can be done faster and easier if you have an air fryer at home. Follow these steps, and soon enough, you’ll learn to make this tasty showstopper with minimum fuss – with only the necessary kitchen equipment!
Prep the Bread: Cut your day-old bread into cubes and set aside. Using stale bread is ideal because it soaks up the custard mixture without falling apart.
Make the Custard: In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, sugar, vanilla extract, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt. Slowly fold in the pumpkin.
Combine: Add the bread cubes to the custard mixture. Mix thoroughly, ensuring that all the bread is coated. Allow the bread to soak for 10-15 minutes until it absorbs most of the custard.
Transfer to Dish: Transfer the bread mixture to a baking dish that will fit inside your air fryer. If your air fryer is smaller, you may need to cook the bread pudding in batches.
Cook: Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees F (160°C). Place the dish into the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes until the pudding is set and the top is golden brown. The cooking time may vary based on your air fryer model, so start checking around the 15-minute mark.
Serve: Let the bread pudding cool for a few minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and/or top with whipped cream if desired. Serve warm.
Pro Tips For The Best Pumpkin Bread Pudding In Air Fryer
- Choose the Right Bread: For the best texture, use sturdy bread like challah, brioche, or French bread. These types of bread can absorb the custard mixture well without becoming too mushy.
- Let the Bread Absorb the Custard: Give your bread ample time to soak in the custard before you start cooking. This will ensure every bite is packed with flavor.
- Use Fresh Spices: Make sure your pumpkin pie spice and cinnamon are fresh for the best flavor. Spices lose their potency over time, so it’s worth checking their freshness if they’ve been in your pantry for a while.
- Monitor Your Cooking Time: Cooking times vary depending on your air fryer model. Start checking your bread pudding early to ensure it doesn’t overcook.
- Adjust Sweetness: Depending on your taste, you may want to adjust the amount of sugar. If you prefer a less sweet dessert, you can slightly reduce the sugar.
- Serving Suggestions: Pumpkin bread pudding is great on its own, but you can dress it up with a drizzle of caramel sauce, whipped cream, or a sprinkle of powdered sugar.
- Storing Leftovers: If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the refrigerator. They should keep for a few days and can be reheated in the air fryer or microwave.
Can I use a different type of bread for this recipe?
Yes, you can use any sturdy bread. Day-old challah, brioche, or French bread are great options. Avoid using fresh, soft bread as it can become too mushy.
Can I make this recipe dairy-free?
Yes, you can substitute dairy with non-dairy alternatives such as almond milk, coconut milk, or oat milk. Please note that this may slightly alter the taste and texture.
Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned pumpkin puree?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin. You will need to cook and puree the pumpkin first. Keep in mind that canned pumpkin puree tends to be a bit more concentrated and sweet than fresh pumpkin.
What should I do if the top is browning too quickly?
If you notice the top browning too quickly before the pudding is set, you can cover it loosely with a piece of aluminum foil to prevent further browning.
Can I freeze the leftovers?
Yes, you can freeze the leftover bread pudding. Wrap it tightly and store in the freezer for up to 3 months. When ready to serve, reheat in the oven or in the air fryer until heated through.
Can I add nuts or dried fruit to this bread pudding?
Absolutely! Feel free to customize this bread pudding recipe with additions like chopped pecans, walnuts, or dried cranberries for additional texture and flavor. Just remember to fold in these extras after the bread has soaked up the custard.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE
- BEST AIR FRYER MUG CAKE RECIPES FOR A SUPER EASY TREAT
- AIR FRYER LEMON MUG CAKE
- AIR FRYER M&M MUG COOKIE
Air Fryer Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 16 ounces bread, French Bread, Texas Toast, or Thickly Sliced Bread
- 1/2 cup whole milk
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream, or half and half
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 15 ounces pumpkin puree
- Cut your day-old bread into cubes and set aside. Using stale bread is ideal because it soaks up the custard mixture without falling apart.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the milk, heavy cream, eggs, granulated sugar, brown sugar, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and a pinch of salt. Slowly fold in the pumpkin.
- Add the bread cubes to the custard mixture. Mix thoroughly, ensuring that all the bread is coated. Allow the bread to soak for 10-15 minutes until it absorbs most of the custard.
- Transfer the bread mixture to a baking dish that will fit inside your air fryer. If your air fryer is smaller, you may need to cook the bread pudding in batches.
- Preheat your air fryer to 320 degrees F (160°C). Place the dish into the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes until the pudding is set and the top is golden brown. The cooking time may vary based on your air fryer model, so start checking around the 15-minute mark.
- Let the bread pudding cool for a few minutes, then dust with powdered sugar and/or top with whipped cream if desired. Serve warm.
- Air Fryer
- Baking Pan
- Cooking Spray