Air Fryer Banana Pancake Dippers — Move over apple slices and celery sticks. There’s a new way to enjoy your fruit and vegetables that are fun and delicious—introducing banana pancake dippers made in the air fryer! These little treats are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snacks. They’re a great way to get some added fiber into your diet. So what are you waiting for? Start frying up those bananas!
Anyone who knows me knows that I love pancakes. I could eat them for every meal and be happy. So when I was given an air fryer for Christmas, I first thought of how to make pancake dippers! These are super simple to make and so delicious. You can top them with anything you like, but my personal favorite is honey and bananas. Give them a try, and let me know what you think!
Air Fryer Banana Pancake Dippers Recipe
Nothing beats a flavored pancake! And our course, nothing makes pancakes better than the air fryer!
Today we took slices of bananas and coated them in pancake mix for a tasty “fried” banana breakfast that the entire family loved. And of course, with air frying the pancakes, you didn’t need to use any oil, making for a healthy and delicious breakfast recipe!
It’s a tasty snack or a leisurely breakfast recipe and a fun way to add fruit to your menu. This is a great kid-friendly and family-friendly air fryer recipe idea! I am positive that this will become your family’s favorite Air Fryer Recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Banana Pancake Dippers
- Homemade Pancake Batter
- Melted Chocolate For Serving
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Pancake Dippers
In a large bowl, add your pancake batter ingredients. Whisk the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, milk, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
Then slice your bananas horizontally and di them into the pancake batter. As you coat the bananas, place them onto the parchment paper.
Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, flipping halfway, cook until they are golden brown.
Can I Make These Gluten-Free?
If you want to make these gluten-free, you can use a gluten-free pancake mix. I highly recommend King Arthur’s Gluten-Free Pancake Mix.
You can also use the recipe below, but change the ingredients for gluten-free alternatives. The recipe and time will remain the same.
Can These Be Made With Different Fruits?
Yes, this is a beautiful and fantastic summer recipe with all the fruits in season. The key is to slice your fruit thinner so both sides cook up to perfection.
I have made these over the years with the following:
- Strawberries: Slice your strawberries about 1/4 inch thick, then dip the sliced strawberries into the pancake batter.
- Apple Rings: This is a favorite one in my family, especially after apple pickling. Core your apples, then microwave them for a few minutes to soften them. Then coat the softened apple rings with the pancake batter.
- Pear Slices: The key to making pear slices in your pancake batter is to dry them using a paper towel. Then add the pancake batter to the pear slices.
- Pineapple Rings: Another favorite, you can either use canned pineapples, or you can even use my favorite recipe for Air Fryer Pineapples, and then coat them with pancake batter.
- This might be an amazing Air Fryer Brunch Recipe! And it would be fantastic for camping! Who doesn’t love fruit and planks together?
What Should I Dip Pancakes Into?
These are amazing on their own, but of course, you can elevate these even more with some simple dipping sauces. Here are some of my favorite dipping sauces to serve with the best Air Fryer Pancake Dippers!
- Maple syrup: A true classic choice, but you can also use pancake syrup, honey, or even flavored pancake syrups. I love making my own Instant Pot Blueberry Pancakes Syrup, which is fantastic!
- Chocolate, can you go wrong with chocolate? How about some Homemade Chocolate Sauce and sprinkles make for a fun and tasty pancake topping
- Fruit: Healthy toppings like strawberries, blueberries, or bananas are always a hit! Especially during the summer, when the fruit is at its peak!
- Other Sauces: Nutella, peanut butter, or jam make for a delicious and decadent breakfast choice.
- Other: Whip up some whipped cream or get creative with your favorite ice cream flavor!
Amazing Mix-Ins To The Pancake Batter!
This is another excellent way to increase the flavor in these Air Fryer Pancake Dippers. Some great options are:
Nuts: Use diced pecans, walnuts, or even macadamia nuts! Like pecans, nothing goes with bananas, just like my recipe for Air Fryer Banana Walnut Bread!
Sprinkles: A fun way to eat breakfast, add some chocolate jimmies or colorful sprinkles!
How To Store
This is a great make-ahead breakfast that you can easily make beforehand, then refrigerate and eat during the week. If you have any leftovers, let them cool to room temperature and then place them into an airtight container. They will last for about 2 to 3 days. You can reheat in the air fryer or microwave and heat until warmed through.
Freezing: A great way to fill your freezer. Make a double or triple batch, and freeze one batch or later. Place the room temperature pancakes dippers onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place the baking sheet into the freezer. Freeze until the pancake dippers are frozen solid. Place the frozen pancake dippers into a freezer bag, and they will last for about 2 to 3 months.
You can add the frozen pancake dippers to the air fryer and then cook at 380 degrees F until they are warmed.
More Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes
Are you looking for new breakfast recipes to try in your air fryer? If so, you’re in luck! We’ve gathered some of our favorite air fryer breakfast recipes for you to cook up this weekend. From French toast to bacon and eggs, there’s something here for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
- AIR FRYER ELOTE AVOCADO TOAST
- AIR FRYER PANCAKE DONUTS RECIPE
- EASY AIR FRYER CHOCOLATE BRIOCHE
- AIR FRYER CREAM CHEESE-STUFFED BAGEL BITES
- AIR FRYER CINNAMON RAISIN SCONES
- Amazing AIR FRYER SAUSAGE MCGRIDDLE BREAKFAST SANDWICH (MCDONALD’S KETO COPYCAT RECIPE)
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Banana Pancake Dippers
- 3 large bananas, sliced horizonatally
- 1 tablespoon butter, unsalted
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspon pure vanilla extract
Serve With: Melted chocolate, or maple syrup
- Start by lining your air fryer basket with parchment paper, then spray your parchment paper with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, add your pancake batter ingredients. Whisk the flour, baking powder, brown sugar, salt, milk, sour cream, eggs, and vanilla extract.
- Then slice your bananas horizontally and dip them into the pancake batter. As you coat the bananas, place them onto the parchment paper.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and cook for 12 to 14 minutes, flipping halfway, cook until they are golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper