There is nothing like a nice slice of banana bread in the morning, today I made it with walnuts, it makes a great breakfast, with a hot cup of coffee. Quick breads do really well in the air fryer, you can also make this into a bundt cake, which would make for a pretty presentation.
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/3 cup room temperature butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar, then add the egg, followed by the bananas, and vanilla extract, mix well.
- In another mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Mix the two mixtures together, mix well, so they combine.
- Fold in the diced walnuts, and mix again.
- Spray your baking pans with olive oil. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, about 2/3 way full.
- Set the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 320 degrees F, for 20 minutes.
- When the time is up, place a toothpick in the pound cake, and check to see that the toothpick comes out clean, if not add another 5 minutes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Note: Depending on your air fryer and the pan you use. I highly recommend that you purchase mini-loaf pans as they are better at cooking the entire quick bread.
Note; This will make 3 loaves.