Air Fryer Gluten-Free Banana Bread is moist, healthy, egg-free, and gluten-free and is one of the best banana bread I have ever made, all cooked in the Air Fryer.
My oldest son has celiac, a gluten allergy, so since he is home this summer, I wanted to surprise him, and bake up banana bread, that he could actually eat. Baking in the Air Fryer is easy, and so I created this vegan and gluten-free banana bread for the entire family to enjoy!
I love great banana bread, and this one is no different. Baked in the Air Fryer, this banana bread is light, fluffy, and absolutely delicious.
If you are looking for even more Air Fryer Quick Bread Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER BANANA WALNUT POUND CAKE, AIR FRYER GLUTEN-FREE PUMPKIN BANANA NUT BREAD, AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER CRANBERRY WALNUT BREAD.
Ingredients In Air Fryer Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- Ripe Bananas
- All-Purpose Gluten-Free Flour
- Granulated Sugar
- Unsweetened Applesauce
- Vegan Butter
- Ground Cinnamon
- Baking Soda
For the full recipe, make sure you scroll down to the recipe card below, but here is a brief overview of how to make Air Fryer Gluten-Free Banana Bread.
How To Make Air Fryer Gluten-Free Banana Bread
In a large bowl, thoroughly cream together the butter and sugar. Add the bananas, applesauce, and cinnamon and mash/mix the ingredients thoroughly.
In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking soda and whisk well. Combine the two bowls of ingredients and mix until well combined.
Pour the ingredients into the prepared loaf pan and place the pan in the air fryer.
Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for 15-20 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- This tastes no different than any other “normal” banana bread. Super moist, no strange textures, and has a bursting banana flavor we all know and love.
- This recipe is currently nut-free. However, for those who can have nuts, go ahead and add ⅓ cup of crushed pecans or walnuts to your batter and fold them in before cooking.
- For a delicious addition, sprinkle a little sugar on the top of the batter before placing it in to bake. Makes for a slightly crispy top with an extra burst of sweetness.
- When you add the applesauce to the butter mixture, it will look hideous and chunky. That’s ok, it’s supposed to, keep following the steps, and you’ll end up with delicious banana bread.
- This banana bread won’t rise as much as usual banana bread, so be prepared for a flatter top.
- If you don’t want to use applesauce, you can always use a flax egg or chia egg. However, you’ll need the equivalent of 2 eggs no matter the egg substitute you use.
Can I Make Banana Bread Without Baking Soda?
Yes, if you wish to eliminate the baking soda, you can, replace the baking soda with baking powder instead. Note that the baking soda does help to brown the top of the banana bread.
How To Store Banana Bread
This is a great make-ahead bread, which stores quite lovely. To store, wrap it in plastic wrap and leave it on the counter. It will last for about 2 to 3 days. For any longer, wrap and place into the refrigerator.
You can heat it up in the air fryer or microwave if you would like it warmed up.
Can I Freeze Banana Bread?
Yes, this is a great way to make a quick breakfast or snack ahead of time. To freeze, let it cool to room temperature, wrap in plastic wrap and then in aluminum foil, and then place the wrapped bread into a freezer bag. It will last between 1 to 2 months.
To thaw either place on the counter or in the refrigerator.
Can I Make Muffins Instead?
Yes, these would make excellent muffins as well. The cooking time and temperature would be about the same. Remember to check the muffins frequently during the cooking process.
What Loaf Pans Are Best In The Air Fryer
While you can use any loaf pan that fits inside your air fryer, I often find that the middle will not cook up if you use a regular-size loaf pan.
So, over the past few years, I have been baking with mini loaf pans, which means the entire bread cooks up (including the middle), and the cooking time is even shorter.
Some of my favorite Mini-Loaf Pans (affiliate links included)
Some Other Air Fryer Quick Bread Recipes
Don’t Forget To Pin-
Air Fryer Gluten-Free Banana Bread
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1 1/4 cup All Purpose Gluten Free Flour
- 1 cup White Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup Unsweetened Applesauce
- 1 stick Vegan Butter (½ cup), room temperature
- 1/2 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, thoroughly cream together the butter and sugar. Add the bananas, applesauce, and cinnamon, and mash/mix the ingredients thoroughly.
- In a separate bowl, add the flour, salt, and baking soda and whisk well. Combine the two bowls of ingredients and mix until well combined.
- Pour the ingredients into the prepared loaf pan and place the pan in the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting, and air fry for 15-20 minutes or until a butter knife inserted in the middle comes out clean.
- Let cool slightly before slicing.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Mini Loaf Pans, Oven Safe