This is a really easy recipe—a traditional Southern Appetizer, which is easy to make in your air fryer.
- 2–3 green tomatoes
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- Olive Oil Spray
- Start by washing the green tomatoes.
- Then cut the tomatoes into about 1/4 inch slices.
- Season them with salt and pepper. The salt will help draw out some of the moisture.
- Mix the panko and cornmeal.
- Spray your air fryer basket with non-stick cooking spray or olive oil spray.
- Dip the tomatoes into the egg.
- Then Dip them into the cornmeal/panko mixture.
- As you coat them, place them into your air fryer basket. Spray generous with olive oil sprayer (see my recommendations in my post, under items used)
- Set your temperature to 400 degrees F.
- Set your time for 4 minutes.
- After 4 minutes, flip them and cook them for another 4 minutes. Remember to spray them with olive oil.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: keto fried green tomatoes air fryer vegan fried green tomatoes air fryer frozen fried green tomatoes in air fryer air fryer green tomato recipe air fried green tomatoes recipe without cornmeal air fried green tomatoes vegan air fryer fried red tomatoes air fryer green tomatoes keto