Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon –This is one of my favorite dishes for a simple and delicious meal for my family, and it takes only minutes! If you love dijon mustard salmon air fryer, this is the perfect recipe!
There is something unique about making salmon in the air fryer; you can not beat the flavor! It’s a simple dish that requires a few ingredients, but the flavor and taste are amazing! I love a plate of honey mustard salmon. It’s amazing!
This is one of the first salmon dishes I made in the air fryer, and I used to make it on my grill during the summertime. But now, we can get honey and mustard flavors in one dish- amazing! The flavors balance each other off. With the mustard’s tang and the honey’s sweetness, you may want to double the marinade because you will love this recipe for so many proteins.
Salmon is one of the healthiest fishes you can eat; with its fatty acids and tangy flavor from the sauce ingredients, you will love this recipe! The air fryer is one of the best cooking method for cooking salmon! If you have been looking for new ways to make healthy recipes in your air-fryer basket or oven-style air fryer, this is one of the best recipes to start with!
The extra flavor from the simple honey dijon glaze is a quick way and easy way to break in your new air fryer!
Why You Will Love Air Fryer Salmon With Dijon Mustard!
If you have been looking for an easy fish dinner, this is one of the best. You will love how flaky and creamy the sauce is, but you will love that you get a great crisp on the fish.
And, of course, if you hate the way your fish stinks up the house, making salmon in the air fryer means you get none of the smell. The result is a crispy salmon, not soggy or chewy, but cooked to perfection!
There is nothing better than Dijon mustard salmon in the air fryer! So good!
This is a great healthy dinner and a great way to make this great source of protein. With only a few key ingredients, you can have this delicious salmon dinner on your table in minutes!
Making Salmon In The Air Fryer
I love how quick and easy this salmon is to make! After a long day at work, coming home only means one thing: relaxation. And what better way than by cooking up some delicious food? I don’t want any more stress with dinner- making it takes care of itself while we’re busy doing other things like watching Netflix or playing video games in our downtime.
This is why you will love air fryer salmon, your season, and baste your salmon and the air fryer cooks up your salmon for you! There is no prep time needed–easy and delicious! This is one of the easiest cooking methods that you can use, and the air fryer makes a perfect salmon!
The honey mustard salmon air fryer will soon be one of your favorite seafood dishes!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon
Nothing screams healthy and delicious like a plate of freshly cooked Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon. This flavorful dish is low in calories and packed with protein, and it can be ready to serve in less than 15 minutes! Plus, by utilizing an air fryer, you’ll get deliciously crispy salmon that won’t require the need for unhealthy oils or frying fats. So if you’re wondering what ingredients are needed to whip up this delectable seafood meal, look no further; we’ve got all the details right here!
- Salmon Fillets: Cut your pieces into the same size to cook up together. Depending on how much salmon you are cooking, you may need to cook it in batches.
- Mayonnaise: Use low-fat or full-fat, you can also eliminate it, but the mayo coasts the fish as it cooks up, giving you a tender piece of salmon.
- Honey: This adds a great sweetness to the dish; you can substitute maple syrup.
- Dijon Mustard: The mustard is the key ingredient. Make sure to use fresh Dijon mustard; Any kind of mustard, such as stone ground mustard, yellow mustard, mustard seeds,
- Cooking Spray: Read my article about what cooking spray to use.
How To Make Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon
This is a great recipe; it will make about two pieces of salmon. You can easily double or even triple this recipe. Remember to cook in batches to prevent the salmon pieces from touching each other. For the best air fryer salmon recipe, leave plenty of space around the salmon to perfectly cook up!
Step One: Air Fry Salmon
You can spray your basket with cooking spray, brush the air fryer basket with olive oil, use a piece of parchment paper, or use a reusable silicone liner. The reason is that you do not want your salmon to stick to the air fryer basket.
Place salmon fillets into the sprayed basket. If the skin is still on the salmon, place it salmon skin side down.
Step Two: Prepare The Sauce
Combine the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon Mustard, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl. Reserve half of the mixture for a dipping sauce. Base the sauce on the top of the salmon fillets.
Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, and cook for 8-10 minutes or until the salmon flakes. For the best flavor, use an instant read thermometer to check when the salmon is fully cooked.
Step Three: Serving
Serve with lemon juice, fresh parsley, lemon slices, or the remaining sauce.
- Salmon Filets: The salmon fillets should be about the same thickness, so they cook up at about the same time.
- Cooking Time: Salmon cooks fast. Make sure you use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature, so you don’t accidentally overcook the salmon. Be e sure to check the internal temperature of the thickest part of the fillet.
- Sauce: If you want to double the recipe for the sauce, you can always serve it as a dipping sauce for your salmon.
FAQs About Cooking Salmon In the Air Fryer
How Do You Know When The Salmon Is Done?
The best way to tell if the salmon is done is to test it to see if it’s flaking. Removing the salmon from the air fryer once you can easily flake the fish with a fork.
Should I Remove The Skin Of The Salmon?
Truthfully this is a personal preference. You can keep the skin on, or you can remove the skin. If you want to remove the skin, here is a great guide.
This is a great recipe for a simple Air Fryer Salmon With Dijon Mustard! You can use the fresh salmon you get from your fish counter; if your salmon has excess moisture, you can pat your salmon dry before adding the other ingredients.
What Side Dishes To Serve With Air Fryer Mustard Salmon
This is one f my favorite healthy recipe for salmon and makes for great weeknight dinners, and you can serve them with:
How To Store Leftover Salmon
If you have any leftover salmon, place it in an alright container with a paper towel. You can also place the leftover salmon into a freezer bag; store the honey mustard mixture in a separate container for best results. Reheat the salmon in the air fryer for 7-8 minutes at 350 degrees, brushing with your homemade honey mustard sauce.
More Air Fryer Recipes
If you love my Air Fryer Salmon with Dijon Mustard recipe, you will love these recipes!
- AIR FRYER GARLIC BREAD
- AIR FRYER BREADED EGGPLANT
- Easy AIR FRYER IRISH SODA BREAD
- AIR FRYER PIZZA HUT BREADSTICKS
This makes for a delicious dinner with a simple glaze for your salmon, I love this air fryer honey mustard salmon recipe, and I hope you and your family love it as much as mine do!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Honey Mustard Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets
- 1/4 cup mayo
- 1/8 cup honey
- 1/8 cup Dijon mustard
- You can either spray your basket with cooking spray, use a piece of parchment paper, or use a reusable silicone liner. The reason is that you do not want your salmon to stick to the air fryer basket.
- Place your salmon into the sprayed basket. If the skin is still on the salmon, place it skin-side down.
- Then in a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, Dijon Mustard, salt, and black pepper. Reserve half o the mixture for a dipping sauce. Base the sauce over the salmon fillets.
- Set the temperature to 380 degrees F, and cook for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the salmon easily flakes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray