When it comes to cooking sliced potatoes, an air fryer is a great tool to have in your kitchen. Not only does it give the potatoes a crispy outer layer, but it also cuts down on oil usage and cooks them quickly.
This is such an easy and quick recipe for making sliced potatoes in air fryer, it’s a great and easy recipe! And makes for an amazing side dish!
Air Fryer Sliced Potato Recipe
The air fryer has quickly become one of my favorite appliances. It is so versatile and easy to use. I have been using it to make all kinds of recipes, including this delicious air fryer sliced potato recipe.
This recipe is so simple, but it is really good. You just need a few ingredients and a few minutes to make it. And, the best part is that the potatoes come out crispy and delicious. If you are looking for an easy way to make some crispy potatoes, then this recipe is for you. Give it a try!
One of the best things about air fryers is their ability to crisp up dishes without using extra oil. This recipe for sliced potatoes uses just a small amount of oil, resulting in a crispy and delicious side dish.
If you love this recipe for air fry potato slices, check out my recipe for Air Fryer Sweet Potato Home Fries, oh so tasty!
Why You’ll Love These Air Fryer Potato Slices
Do you love crispy potatoes just as much as I do? If so, you’re going to love this recipe for sliced potatoes in air fryer.
They’re crispy, delicious, and so easy to make. You’ll be surprised at how good they are!
Some of the reasons these will be a family favorite are:
- Quick Side Dish
- Family Favorite
Ingredients Needed For Air Fried Sliced Potatoes
A few weeks ago, I decided to try out air frying sliced potatoes. I was a bit skeptical at first, but the results were delicious! If you’re looking for an easy and healthy way to prepare your next batch of potatoes, then air frying is the way to go. All you need are a few simple ingredients, and in no time at all, your potatoes will be crispy and golden brown. So, what are you waiting for? Give it a try!
- Oil: Use olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, grapeseed oil, coconut oil, or avocado oil. Any high-heat oil will work.
- Seasonings and Spices: Kosher Salt, Black Pepper, and Grated Parmesan Cheese
How To Make Sliced Potatoes In Air Fryer
Looking for an easy way to make sliced potatoes in your air fryer? Check out this simple tutorial on how to do it! This is a great way to make a quick and healthy snack or side dish. Plus, it’s so easy that anyone can do it!
Step One: To start, wash and peel your potatoes. Slice them into even slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
Step Two: Transfer the seasoned potato slices to the air fryer basket, making sure they are spread evenly.
Step Three: Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve hot as a side dish or use in recipes like loaded potato skins or breakfast hash. Enjoy!
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Sliced Potatoes
Do you love crispy potatoes but don’t want the unhealthy fat that comes with frying them? Air frying is a great alternative! below, we shared our pro tips for making the best air fried sliced potatoes. Stay tuned, because you’re about to learn how to make delicious, healthy potatoes in no time!
- Prepping The Potatoes: Start by washing, drying, and peeling your potatoes, you can leave the skins on for a quick snack, or side dish!
- Even Slices: Slice them into even slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- Coating With Oil: In order for you to get a crispy plate of air fryer sliced potatoes, it’s important that you highly coat them with oil. With the hot air that circulates in the air fryer basket, it will help crisp the potatoes up!
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different it’s important that you check on your sliced potatoes frequently as they cook up. Remember to flip halfway during the cooking process, and remove the potatoes when they are fork-tender!
Frequently Asked Questions:
How To Slice Potatoes
There are many ways to slice potatoes, but this is the best way. It’s fast, easy, and produces perfect results every time. Here’s how to do it:
- Start by washing and peeling the potatoes to remove any dirt or excess skin.
- Use a sharp knife or a mandoline slicer to cut the potatoes into thin slices, about 1/4 inch thick.
- For uniform slices, cut the potato in half lengthwise before slicing.
- Optional step: soak the sliced potatoes in cold water for about 10 minutes to remove excess starch, which can result in crispier potatoes when cooked.
- Use the sliced potatoes in the recipe below.
How To Serve Sliced Potatoes
Potatoes are a great and versatile side dish, they go with any dish, some of my favorites are:
- Air Fryer Italian Meatloaf
- Easy Crispy Air Fryer Squash
- Air Fryer Chicken Parmesan
- Air Fryer Popeyes Fried Chicken Recipe
How Long To Cook Sliced Potatoes In Air Fryer
If you are looking for a quick and easy way to cook sliced potatoes, the air fryer is a great option. In just a few minutes, your potatoes will be cooked through and crispy. Here is a guide on how long to cook sliced potatoes in an air fryer, based on your desired level of doneness.
- Air Fryer: Depending on the air fryer that you are using, you can use either a basket air fryer or oven air fryer, or use the Instant Pot Crisp Lid or Nina Foodi, the cooking time will vary based on the machine, so check on your potatoes frequently.
- Types Of Potatoes: You can make these with any waxy potato, or even sweet potato, the cooking time will vary based on the potato used.
- Thickness Of Potato Slices: Try to make them about the same size, too thin will fall apart, but thicker will take longer to cook.
- Crowding: For best results cook your potato slices in batches, this way the basket is crowded. This will lead to a longer cooking time and wilted potatoes. For crispy potatoes, let the hot air circulate around the potatoes.
- Cheesy: This makes for a great recipe for sliced potatoes in air fryer with cheese. Everyone loves chees, use your favorite cheese, such as shredded mozzarella, cheddar, or even parmesan cheese!
- Onions: Nothing is better with potatoes than onions, this is a simple recipe for air fryer sliced potatoes and onions. Just cut up a couple of yellow, white, or sweet onions, and prepare them with the potatoes.
- Seasonings: Add your favorite seasonings to this recipe, I love using spice blends, such as taco seasoning, Cajun seasonings, or even ranch seasonings!
How To Store
Let the potatoes cool to room temperature and then transfer the potatoes to an airtight container or Ziploc bag. They will last in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
Reheat Sliced Potatoes In Air Fryer
If you’re like me, sometimes you have leftover potatoes from last night’s dinner. Rather than letting them go to waste, I like to reheat them in my air fryer. It’s a quick and easy way to get my potato fix without having to cook an entirely new meal. Plus, the air fryer leaves them with a nice crispy texture that I just can’t get from the oven or stovetop. If you’re curious about how to reheat potato slices in an air fryer, keep reading!
- Set the potatoes into the air fryer basket.
- Spray the potatoes with cooking spray, and add some seasonings (optional)
- Reheat at 400 degrees F, for 3-5 minutes.
Why Are My Air Fryer Potatoes Not Crispy?
There are a few possible reasons why your air fryer potatoes may not be achieving that coveted crispy texture. First, it could be because you are overcrowding the basket. Make sure to leave enough room for air circulation in order to achieve crispiness.
Another factor could be the type of potato you’re using. Starchy potatoes like russets tend to crisp up better than waxy varieties like red potatoes.
It’s also important to make sure you are properly preparing the potatoes before putting them in the air fryer. Soaking sliced potatoes in cold water for at least 30 minutes can remove excess starch and help with achieving crispiness. And don’t forget to give your potatoes
Should I Oil Potatoes Before Baking?
Some people believe that oiling the skin of a potato before baking will result in a crispier, tastier outer layer. However, studies have shown that there is no significant difference in texture or flavor when comparing potatoes that were oiled versus those that were not.
Additionally, adding oil to the potato’s skin can cause it to over-brown and even potentially catch fire in the oven.
If you still prefer a crispy outer layer on your baked potatoes, try using cooking spray or brushing them with melted butter before baking. This will provide a similar effect without risking potential hazards. Overall, it is not necessary to oil potatoes before baking them. Focus on choosing high-quality
Why Do You Soak Potatoes In Water Before Air Frying
More Air Fryer Potato Recipes
- AIR FRYER SWEET POTATO HOME FRIES
- AIR FRYER GREEK POTATOES
- Easy AIR FRYER ROASTED SWEET POTATO JACK-O-LANTERNS
- AIR FRYER RED POTATOES RECIPE
Air Fryer Sliced Potatoes
- 2 large potatoes, sliced
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan, grated
- To start, wash and peel your potatoes. Slice them into even slices, about 1/4 inch thick. Place the sliced potatoes in a bowl and toss with olive oil, salt, pepper, and any other desired seasonings.
- Transfer the seasoned potato slices to the air fryer basket, making sure they are spread evenly.
- Cook at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 minutes, flipping halfway through. Serve hot as a side dish or use in recipes like loaded potato skins or breakfast hash. Enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray