This is a really easy way to make any type of buttermilk fried chicken. This makes a great sandwich. Just use chicken breasts instead for the recipe and you can create a sandwich masterpiece!
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper to season the buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Start by placing your chicken thighs and drumsticks onto a cutting board. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Then in a large Ziploc bag, pour the buttermilk, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add your chicken to the buttermilk. Let soak overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Then add the flour, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder to a large Ziploc back and shake so all of the flour and spices are well blended.
- Then remove the chicken and dredge it into the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. As you do this, place them in your air fryer basket. Continue until all of the chicken has been coated in the batter.
- Then completely spray the chicken until you have an oil mist covering it. If you do not, you will have white patches on your chicken.
- And as mentioned in the list of items I used in this recipe, I use this oil sprayer.
- Set your temperature to 380 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then check on your chicken, and respray them, using the olive oil spray.
- Set another 10 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Before you remove your chicken, check with a meat thermometer and make sure that the chicken’s thickest part reads 165 degrees F.
- When the chicken is completely cooked through, remove, plate, and serve.
Keywords: fried chicken in air fryer without flour air fryer fried chicken breast air fryer buttermilk chicken breast air fried chicken tenders air fryer chicken breast no breading air fryer fried chicken wings air fryer breaded chicken breast air fryer chicken wings