Here is a great recipe, which is a twist on a basic air fried chicken dish, last year, I used the grill to make this chicken dish, and my kids loved it so, I decided to try it in the air fryer.
The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of fried chicken, but better because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful, and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
- Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
The buttermilk adds a great coating to the chicken, which prevents it from drying out. The buttermilk also acts as a tenderizer, so soaking the chicken overnight or for a few hours, makes your chicken nice and moist.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-Buttermilk Fried Chicken
This is a really easy way to make any type of buttermilk fried chicken. This makes a great sandwich. Just use chicken breasts instead for the recipe and you can create a sandwich masterpiece!
- Prep Time: 5
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 25
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Main Course
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 4 chicken thighs
- 2 chicken drumsticks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- salt and pepper to season the buttermilk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Start by placing your chicken thighs and drumsticks onto a cutting board. Season them with salt and pepper.
- Then in a large Ziploc bag, pour the buttermilk, salt, and pepper and mix well.
- Add your chicken to the buttermilk. Let soak overnight or for at least 1 hour.
- Then add the flour, garlic powder, paprika, and baking powder to a large Ziploc back and shake so all of the flour and spices are well blended.
- Then remove the chicken and dredge it into the flour mixture, shaking off the excess. As you do this, place them in your air fryer basket. Continue until all of the chicken has been coated in the batter.
- Then completely spray the chicken until you have an oil mist covering it, if you do not you will have white patches on your chicken.
- And as mentioned in the list of items I used, in this recipe, above., this is the oil sprayer I use.
- Set your temperature to 380 degrees for 10 minutes.
- Then check on your chicken, and respray them, using the olive oil spray.
- Set another 10 minutes at 380 degrees F.
- Before you remove your chicken, check with a meat thermometer and make sure that the thickest part of the chicken reads 165 degrees F.
- When the chicken is completely cooked through, remove, plate and serve.
Keywords: fried chicken in air fryer without flour air fryer fried chicken breast air fryer buttermilk chicken breast air fried chicken tenders air fryer chicken breast no breading air fryer fried chicken wings air fryer breaded chicken breast air fryer chicken wings