The sauce adds a great flavor to the chicken, along with the rub. My kids love it because it reminds them of chicken orange chicken, but better, because they can have it at home. This chicken is moist, flavorful and has a great texture as well. My entire family ate it, and it can be made ahead of time, just cover it with aluminum foil and keep it in the refrigerator, until ready to eat.
I purchased our air fryer last April, and then I purchased another air fryer in December, and yet, I just ordered another one this week. It has quickly become one of our favorite kitchen appliances, and it replaced my oven. The other day, I was dusting my oven, and I was thinking, when was the last time, I used this?
The air fryer is nice and light and with very little oil, you too can get healthy, crisped dinners (chicken, etc). And, it saves you a ton of time, because it doesn’t require you to wait for the oven to preheat, and the dishes quickly cook, compared to the oven.
Here are some tips for air frying chicken:
- Seasoning your chicken is important.
- Most chicken dishes can be rubbed and then set into the refrigerator ahead of time. So, when you come home from work/errands/kids, etc., you can just place it in the air fryer, spray it with olive oil spray and air fryer.
- Spraying the chicken with olive oil spray is one of the keys. I spray the heck of out of, and I always get no white spots and tender (way juicy) chicken.
Always flip the chicken halfway, and then spray again. This way both sides are nice, light and tender.
- Because eating uncooked chicken is unhealthy and can you sick, invest in a meat thermometer.
- This is one of the tastiest and easiest chicken dishes to make in the air fryer, it’s low in sugar, Gluten Free, part of the KETO diet, and sugar-free. It’s a must do recipe.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin:
How to Make Chicken Breasts In the Air Fryer
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts about 6 ounces each
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
salt and pepper to taste
Start by placing the chicken breasts into a Ziploc bag, this will allow them to stay in the bag when you flatten them.
Using a meat mallet, flatten the breasts so they are relatively equal around all the sides. You are looking for about 1/8 inch thick.
Meanwhile mix your olive oil, honey, salt and pepper into a small bowl.
Brush the mixture onto the chicken breasts.
Set the time for 5 minutes, at 370 degrees F, after the 5 minutes flip and set the time for another 5 minutes.
Check and make sure the chicken has an internal temperature of 165 degrees F.
Remove from the air fryer basket
Plate, serve and enjoy!