Note: Affiliate links are included in this post
Saute’ the sausage.
After you brown the sausage, remove it, then add the vegetables, and saute’ them until they are softened.
Picture of all of the vegetables.
After the vegetables are softened, mix in the rice and diced tomatoes.
Then mix in the chicken broth. Then follow the instructions in the recipe.
After release. This is your mixture. Then just add back the sausage and the frozen shrimp. (The heat from the Instant Pot, will cook the shrimp)
Kitchen Items Used:
Don’t Forget to Pin:
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 12 ounces of Andouille Sausage, cut into ½ inch slices
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 1 green pepper, seeded and diced
- 1 celery stalk, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic
- 1 cup of long grain rice
- 1 (14.5 ounces) of diced tomatoes
- 1½ cups of chicken broth
- 12 ounces of frozen shrimp
- 2 teaspoon of cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon of thyme
- Turn the saute' function on your Instant pot, then heat up the olive oil, in your Instant Pot.
- Once, the olive oil is hot, add the sausages, and cook until they are browned.
- Once the sausages are browned, transfer to a plate, for adding later.
- Then add the onions, green pepper, celery stalk, and garlic, saute' until the vegetables are softened.
- Once they are softened, add the spices, rice, diced tomatoes and chicken/vegetable broth and mix well.
- Add your lid, and make sure that the vent is in the sealed position.
- Set the manual high pressure for 8 minutes.
- When the timer beeps, do a quick release.
- Once, the pressure is down, open the Instant Pot, and then mix well.
- Mix in the sausage, and frozen shrimp.
- To heat up everything, change the setting to saute, and continue to saute' until all of the ingredients are cooked well, and hot.