Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice — Do you love a hearty, healthy dish that is easy to put together? The Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice recipe will do the trick! This one-pot meal is full of protein and nutrients.
Do you love your Instant Pot but need a quick and easy recipe? This Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli Rice will be your new favorite meal. It’s perfect for those busy weeknights when you’re looking to get dinner on the table fast! Plus, it’s healthier than takeout, so enjoy without guilt!
I love a great and easy meal, and this one and this recipe are one of my ultimate favorites! It’s kid-friendly, gluten-free, healthy, and delicious!
What else do you need?
INSTANT POT CHICKEN BROCCOLI RICE CASSEROLE
We all know that we should eat more vegetables, but sometimes it can be challenging. This casserole is a great way to get your required servings in and not feel like you’re missing out on anything! This dish is perfect for busy weeknights when you don’t have time to cook an elaborate meal. Dumping everything into the Instant Pot is so easy, and dinner will be ready in minutes!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast
- Garlic Salt
- Onion Powder
- Minced Garlic
- Chicken Broth
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
How To Make Instant Pot Chicken Broccoli and Rice
Start by pressing the saute ‘button on your Instant Pot, then add the butter, saute’ the butter, until it’s melted, then add the onions and chicken and saute’ until the onions are translucent (about 4-5 minutes)
Then add the rice, chicken broth, spices, garlic and mix well. Then add your lid, make sure that the vent is sealed. Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer beeps, do a quick release.
Then add the previously steamed broccoli (look for it in the produce department in a steamer bag, you can place it in the microwave). Mix it in, then add the cheese, continue to stir until all of the ingredients are mixed well.
WHAT IS THE BEST CHICKEN TO MAKE THIS RECIPE WITH?
There are only two options for this recipe, and you can either use boneless, skinless chicken breast or boneless chicken thighs.
For dark meat, use the chicken thighs. It will be a meat dish than the chicken breast. I like either.
CAN I USE QUICK COOKING RICE?
No, for this recipe, use either jasmine or basmati rice. Either will work fine. If you use quick-cooking rice, the rice will burn since you will need a longer cooking time for the chicken.
CAN I USE QUICK COOKING RICE?
No, the cooking time for brown rice is about 22 minutes. That would cause your chicken to be overcooked. For best results, use jasmine or basmati white rice.
CAN I JUST THROW THE BROCCOLI IN WITH THE CHICKEN AND RICE?
No, the broccoli will only need a minute or two to cook. If you add it in with the other ingredients, it will end up overcooking.
For best results, add the microwave-cooked broccoli after the dish has finished cooking. This way, all of the ingredients are perfectly cooked!
MORE INSTANT POT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT SOUTHERN DEVILED EGGS
- INSTANT POT ELDERBERRY SYRUP
- EASY INSTANT POT ITALIAN WEDDING SOUP
- INSTANT POT PORK CHOPS IN MUSHROOM GRAVY
- INSTANT POT PORK FRIED RICE
- EASY NSTANT POT CRACK CHICKEN
- INSTANT POT POACHED EGGS
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- 1 onion, peeled and diced
- 2 pounds of chicken, boneless and skinless chicken breast, cut up
- 1 teaspoon of garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon of onion powder
- 1 teaspoon of minced garlic (more if you like garlic)
- 1 and 1/3 cup of rice (long grain)
- 1 and 1/3 cup of chicken broth
- 1 cup of steamed broccoli (already cooked)
- 1 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
- Start by pressing the saute ‘button on your Instant Pot, then add the butter, saute’ the butter, until it’s melted, then add the onions and chicken and saute’ until the onions are translucent (about 4-5 minutes)
- Then add the rice, chicken broth, spices, garlic and mix well.
- Then add your lid, make sure that the vent is sealed.
- Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the timer beeps, do a quick release.
- Then add the previously steamed broccoli (look for it in the produce department in a steamer bag, you can just place it in the microwave)
- Mix it in, then add the cheese, continue to stir until all of the ingredients are mixed well.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 817Total Fat: 51gSaturated Fat: 20gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 25gCholesterol: 296mgSodium: 995mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 2gSugar: 2gProtein: 75g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.