Ninja Woodfire Grill Chicken Breast –– Delicious cooking doesn’t have to be effortful and complicated. In fact, sometimes, the simplest ingredients and flavors can come together beautifully, and this Ninja Woodfire grill chicken breast recipe is the perfect example.
With just 3 ingredients to name and a super simple cooking process, you can create a super flavorful meal that you can enjoy in many different ways.
Grilled chicken is a winner- whether you’re looking for an easy meal for the entire family or a nice side dish to make for when you’re hosting a little get-together or a BBQ party.
This Ninja Woodfire grill chicken breast has the delicious savory and umami from the balsamic vinaigrette and that extra kick of flavor from the poultry seasoning.
The tender, succulent chicken is then grilled to perfection and enjoyed independently or with a crunchy salad.
The simplicity of this recipe is a big win. You’ll be surprised at how so little culinary effort can work in your favor and get you to enjoy a dish everyone will love.
What’s Great About This Recipe
There are many reasons why I love this Ninja Woodfire Grill Chicken Breast.
- Only 3 Ingredients: With just 3 ingredients to put the dish together, this is literally one of the easiest recipes ever, and yet, it does not compromise on the flavor and deliciousness at all.
- Minimal Mess & Cleanup: This recipe is a dump-and-go. Put everything in a Ziploc bag, let it marinate, and then pop it on the Ninja Woodfire Grill. It really doesn’t get any better than this.
- Versatile: The subtly spiced chicken is a big hit with everyone in my family and will be the same as yours. Even better, you can pair the grilled chicken breast with almost anything- a side salad, some seasoned rice, or even topped on a noodle bowl.
- Easy to Prep: This recipe is great for meal prep too. You can marinate the chicken breasts 2-3 days in advance or even longer if you want to. Then, all you need to do is grill it when you want to, and you’ll have a delicious chicken dish ready to be served and enjoyed.
Ingredients For the Ninja Woodfire Grill Chicken Breast Recipe
Ready to give this easy grilled chicken breast recipe a try? You’ll need just 3 simple ingredients to put it together.
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken breast: The recipe starts with 4 chicken breasts. While you can also experiment and try out other boneless cuts of chicken, I like using chicken breasts simply because I almost always have them stocked up in my freezer.
- Balsamic vinaigrette dressing: A simple balsamic vinaigrette adds flavor to the chicken. It has a subtle savory and umami flavor which works with almost all kinds of protein, including chicken.
- Poultry seasoning: I love using poultry seasoning to add that extra punch of flavor in simple recipes, just like this one. This simple blend of herbs and spices reduces my need to use individual ingredients and helps reduce cooking time.
How To Cook Chicken Breast On Ninja Woodfire Grill
Prepare the Chicken Breast: Season the chicken breast with the poultry seasonings. Then add the chicken to a large bowl, and pour the marinade on top of the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
Preheat the Ninja Woodfire Grill: Preheat the grill to the grill function. This ensures that the grill is hot and ready for cooking.
Grill the Chicken Breast: Place the seasoned chicken breast directly on the preheated grill grates. Close the lid and cook for 10-12 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Flip the chicken halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and to develop grill marks.
Monitor the Cooking Time: Monitor the chicken breast as it cooks to prevent overcooking. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breast, so use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness.
Rest and Serve: Once the chicken breast reaches the desired internal temperature, remove it from the grill and rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a moist and flavorful chicken breast. Slice or serve the chicken breast as desired.
Pro Tips for the Ninja Woodfire Grill Chicken Breast Recipe
With just 3 simple ingredients, you can put together a delicious grilled chicken dish. To get the flavors and textures spot on, here are a few tips and tricks you might want to note.
- The cooking time for the recipe depends on the size of the chicken breasts. You can let small to medium-sized breasts cook at medium heat, but for larger breasts, you may want to turn the heat up for a minute or two to get those nice char marks.
- You can use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the thickest portion of the chicken breast to ensure it has cooked all the way through.
- Remember to let the chicken rest for a few minutes before you serve it. This will help it cook in the residual heat and better hold on to its juices.
- Add olive oil to the mix to add extra juiciness to the chicken. This will help the marinade flavors distribute better and lend the chicken some soft, tender juiciness you’re looking for.
- Another great idea is to cover the grilled chicken in foil and let it rest for a few minutes to keep it from drying.
How Do I Serve the Grill Chicken Breast?
This Ninja Woodfire Grill chicken breast is super versatile, which means you can serve and enjoy it in many different ways. Here are a few good ideas to get you started.
With a Salad
The easiest way to serve this chicken dish is to have a nice fresh salad on the side or cut the chicken into strips and add it to a salad bowl if you want to, which is exactly what I do when I have leftovers.
With Roasted Veggies
The grilled chicken tastes amazing when paired with oven-roasted or air-fried veggies like broccoli, carrots, bell peppers, asparagus, and potatoes. Remember to season the veggies too!
With a Grain Bowl
Teaming the grilled chicken with a rice, quinoa, or noodle bowl can be a great idea, especially if you want to turn this into a more filling meal.
With a Dip
The Ninja Woodfire Grill chicken breast tastes fantastic when served with any dipping sauce. I like to serve the chicken with a trio of my favorite homemade sauces- Sheetz Boom Boom sauce, my homemade French onion dip, and my KFC-style honey mustard sauce.
The easiest way to serve this grilled chicken breast is to team it up with potatoes- in any form. Some crispy fries are always a great side to the chicken, but if you’re trying to keep your calories in check, you can always choose oven-roasted potatoes. I love teaming them up with my Air Fryer BBQ potato chips.
What Can I Use Instead of Balsamic Vinaigrette?
If you don’t have balsamic vinaigrette, you can use any other vinegar or acid-based salad dressing. The idea behind using acid is that it will help tenderize the chicken, lending it that tangy flavor simultaneously.
How to Store the Leftover Grill Chicken Breast?
If you have any leftover grilled chicken breast, transfer it to an airtight food-safe container and refrigerate it for up to 2 days, if not more.
This can then be reheated based on your personal preference.
What Other Cut of Chicken Can I Use?
While this recipe calls for chicken breasts, you can also use a leaner, darker cut of chicken if you want to. Boneless chicken thighs are great because they are much more juicy and flavorful.
More Chicken Recipes
- AIR FRYER CHICKEN THIGH BITES
- INSTANT POT CASHEW BASIL PESTO CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER ALOHA GRILLED CHICKEN
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI CHICKEN BOWL
- AIR FRYER HONEY SESAME CHICKEN
Ninja Woodfire Grill Chicken Breast
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 2 teaspoons poultry seasoning
- 2 cups salad dressing
- Prepare the Chicken Breast: Season the chicken breast with the poultry seasonings. Then add the chicken to a large bowl, and pour the marinade on top of the chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 20-30 minutes.
- Preheat the Ninja Woodfire Grill: Preheat the grill to the grill function. This ensures that the grill is hot and ready for cooking.
- Grill the Chicken Breast: Place the seasoned chicken breast directly on the preheated grill grates. Close the lid and cook for 10-12 minutes per side or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (75°C). Flip the chicken halfway through cooking to ensure even cooking and to develop grill marks.
- Monitor the Cooking Time: Monitor the chicken breast as it cooks to prevent overcooking. Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breast, so use an instant-read thermometer to check for doneness.
- Rest and Serve: Once the chicken breast reaches the desired internal temperature, remove it from the grill and rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a moist and flavorful chicken breast. Slice or serve the chicken breast as desired.
- Ninja Woodfire Grill
- Cooking Oil, optional