Instant Pot Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken — Move over pesto chicken. There’s a new sheriff in town. This Instant Pot Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken is fresh, flavorful, and oh so easy to make. You only need a handful of ingredients, and the result is a fantastic weeknight meal. So ditch the take-out and give this recipe a try instead!
Instant Pot Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken is unique, delicious, and full of flavor. If you are looking for a great and easy Instant Pot Chicken Dinner, this is one of my favorites!
Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken is an easy, quick, and flavourful recipe that requires very few ingredients and takes hardly 20 minutes in the INSTANT POT.
The juicy chicken in flavorsome pesto with a tint of sourness from cherry tomatoes and the creamy mozzarella makes the recipe so piquant and delectable. Just pair it with some cooked pasta or spaghetti, and you are ready with a restaurant-style dinner that can impress anyone.
If you are looking for even more Instant Pot Chicken Dishes, some of my favorites are NINJA FOODI CHICKEN PAD THAI, INSTANT POT CHICKEN PICCATA, INSTANT POT HONEY CHICKEN DRUMSTICKS, and INSTANT POT CHICKEN FRIED RICE.
What Is Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken?
Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken is a dish that is packed with flavor. The pesto sauce is made with cashews, basil, and Parmesan cheese, and it gives the chicken a delicious taste. This dish is easy to prepare and it is perfect for any occasion. Whether you are looking for a quick and easy weeknight meal or something special to serve your guests, Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken is sure to please. Give it a try today!
Why Make Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken In The Instant Pot?
Do you have an Instant Pot yet? If not, get one! They are amazing and so versatile. This week I decided to make a quick and easy dinner using my Instant Pot – Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken. Why? Because it’s delicious, healthy, and only takes about 20 minutes from start to finish. Plus, if you have any leftovers they make a great lunch the next day! Give it a try – I promise you won’t be disappointed!
Ingredients In Instant Pot Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken
One of the best things about summer is all of the fresh produce. I love being able to go to the farmers market and experiment with new recipes. This Instant Pot cashew basil pesto chicken is one of my favorite recent discoveries. The pesto really amps up the flavor, and it’s a quick and easy weeknight meal. Give it a try!
- Fresh Basil: This is the star of the recipe, make sure you use fresh basil.
- Cashews: Use unshelled, whole cashews
- Chicken: either use boneless, skinless chicken breasts or use boneless, chicken thighs.
- Cherry Tomatoes: You can also use sliced tomatoes, but cherry tomatoes work best for this recipe.
- Broth: Use either chicken broth or chicken stock.
- Cheese: Use a blend of shredded mozzarella cheese, and grated parmesan cheese
- Spices/Seasonings: Garlic, Salt, Black Pepper
- Optional: Serve with either pasta, spaghetti, or over rice.
How To Make Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken In The Instant Pot
Blend basil, cashews, parmesan, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and two tablespoons olive into a smooth paste and keep aside. Add salt and pepper onto the chicken pieces and spread the prepared pesto on top of the chicken. Mix properly.
Set the instant pot on SAUTE function, and let it heat up.
Add one tablespoon of oil; next, add the pesto-coated chicken pieces, and sauté it for a few minutes until the chicken changes color. Take it out and set it aside. CANCEL the SAUTE button. Add one tablespoon of chicken stock and deglaze the pot properly.
Next, add the chicken pieces, cherry tomatoes, and leftover chicken stock. Close the lid and pressure valve. Select the PRESSURE COOK button on HIGH PRESSURE and cook for 6 minutes.
Once the pressure-cooking cycle is over, quickly release the pressure by manually moving the valve from SEALING to VENTING position. Open the lid carefully and select the CANCEL button. Serve the hot chicken pesto over cooked spaghetti or pasta with shredded mozzarella on top, and garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Serving: Serve over a plate of spaghetti for a complete meal. You can also choose any other type of pasta.
- Chicken: This recipe will work with all types of chicken, although the Instant Pot Cooking times might differ slightly, depending on the chicken used.
- Sauce: The sauce is fabulous; if you want to skip the chicken, you can pressure cook some pasta instead for a vegan or vegetarian option.
How To Store
If you have any leftover chicken, let it cool to room temperature, and then place the leftovers into an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator; it will store for about 2 to 3 days.
How To Reheat Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken
To reheat any Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken, place the refrigerated chicken onto a microwave-safe plate, and microwave until reheated.
You can also reheat the chicken in a skillet over medium-high heat until warmed through.
How To Freeze
If you want to make this meal beforehand, it freezes well. For best results, let the Pesto Chicken cool to room temperature, and then place the chicken (only the chicken with the sauce, do not freeze the tomatoes)into an airtight container.
Place the container into the freezer. It will last for about 1 to 2 months. To use from the freezer,
How To Serve Pesto Chicken
You can efficiently serve this over a plate of pasta for a quick all-in-one meal, but there are several other ways you can serve it.
My favorite is with a side of rice or a large garden salad. However, if you serve it will be delicious.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
If you’re like me, you got an Instant Pot for Christmas and have been anxiously waiting to start using it. Well, wait no longer! Here are some recipes to get you started. The Instant Pot is a pressure cooker, slow cooker, rice cooker, and more all in one. So far, I’ve made this delicious chicken and rice dish and these amazing carnitas. But there are endless possibilities for recipes – so get cooking!
INSTANT POT SPINACH AND ARTICHOKE DIP: Do you love spinach and artichoke dip? If so, you’ll love this Instant Pot version! It’s creamy, cheesy and full of flavor. Plus, it’s quick and easy to make. You’ll have a delicious appetizer ready in no time!
INSTANT POT BLT PASTA SALAD: Looking for a delicious and easy pasta salad recipe? Look no further than this Instant Pot BLT pasta salad! It’s perfect for any summer gathering. Plus, it’s a great way to use up leftover cooked bacon and tomatoes. Give it a try today!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Cashew Basil Pesto Chicken
- 1 cup basil
- 1/2 cup cashews
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 2 medium garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 large chicken breast, cut into medium sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup whole cherry tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella
- Boiled spaghetti or pasta to serve
- Blend basil, cashews, parmesan, garlic, ½ teaspoon salt, and 2 tablespoon olive into a smooth paste and keep aside.
- Add salt and pepper onto the chicken pieces and spread the prepared pesto on top of the chicken. Mix properly.
- Set the instant pot on SAUTE function, let it heat up.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil; next, add in the pesto coated chicken pieces, sauté it for a few minutes until the chicken changes color.
- Take it out and set it aside. CANCEL the SAUTE button.
- Add 1 tablespoon of chicken stock and deglaze the pot properly.
- Next, add the chicken pieces, cherry tomatoes, and leftover chicken stock.
- Close the lid and pressure valve. Select the PRESSURE COOK button on HIGH PRESSURE and cook for 6 minutes.
- Once the pressure-cooking cycle is over, quickly release the pressure by manually moving the valve from SEALING to VENTING position.
- Open the lid carefully and select the CANCEL button.
- Serve the hot chicken pesto over cooked spaghetti or pasta with shredded mozzarella on top, garnish with cherry tomatoes.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi