Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream is the optimal way to satisfy your holiday season sweet tooth this time of year.
This easy ice cream recipe is made with simple, easy-to-find ingredients and will go along amazingly with your gingerbread house decorating.
If you are looking for another easy creamy ice cream recipe that you can make in your Ninja Creami, check out my Ninja Creami Strawberry Ice Cream With Condensed Milk, Ninja Creami Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream, Ninja Creami Toffee Ice Cream, or Ninja Creami Lemon Sorbet recipes.
What is Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream?
Gingerbread ice cream made in your Ninja Creami is a deliciously satisfying holiday ice cream recipe to try out this Christmas season. It comprises simple, easy-to-find ingredients and comes together quickly before an overnight freeze. After a 24-hour freeze, your Ninja Creami will do its magic, and you’ll have super creamy and tasty homemade Gingerbread ice cream for dessert!
Making ice cream in your Ninja Creami is super simple. So simple, in fact, that it has recently gone viral on social media as an easy way to make your own homemade, soft-serve-like ice cream at home. Forget your typical traditional ice cream makers and invest in a Ninja Creami for easy ice cream made right on your countertop!
This Ninja Creami gingerbread ice cream recipe is only one of the hundreds of recipes you can try! One of the most viral hacks for making your own ice cream at home with your Ninja Creamy is to use Fairlife milk. It is an easy way to make a protein-packed dessert! You can customize it with your favorite mix-ins to re-create your own version of your favorite ice cream, and boom, yummy, homemade ice cream is suitable at your fingertips.
Ingredients for Ninja Creamy Gingerbread Ice Cream
You can have this delicious ice cream in minutes with a few simple ingredients!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Whole milk: Whole milk provides the creamy base for the ice cream, ensuring a rich and smooth texture.
- Instant vanilla pudding mix: Instant vanilla pudding mix adds a delightful vanilla flavor and helps thicken the ice cream.
- Ground cinnamon: Ground cinnamon infuses the ice cream with warm, aromatic spice reminiscent of gingerbread.
- Ground ginger: Ground ginger adds a zesty and slightly spicy note, enhancing the gingerbread flavor profile.
- Ground cloves (a small pinch): A small pinch contributes a subtle, earthy depth to the ice cream.
- Ground allspice: It complements the other spices with its complex and warming flavor.
- Unsulphured molasses: Molasses lends a deep, rich sweetness and the distinct flavor of gingerbread to the ice cream.
- Brown sugar: Brown sugar provides a caramel-like sweetness and a hint of molasses flavor, enhancing the overall taste.
- Vanilla extract: Vanilla extract adds a touch of sweetness and rounds out the flavors, giving the ice cream depth.
- Heavy cream: Heavy cream brings luxurious creaminess to the ice cream, making it velvety and indulgent.
Optional Ingredients: chopped/crushed gingersnap cookies or Biscoff cookies for mix-in or topping.
How to Make Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream?
In a small mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together milk, pudding mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice until smooth.
Add molasses and brown sugar, whisking well to combine until the brown sugar dissolves. Be sure the molasses is incorporated and not sinking to the bottom of the bowl.
Add vanilla extract and heavy cream, whisking or stirring to incorporate.
Transfer the ice cream base mixture to a Ninja Creami pint container and close the lid. Place the pint onto a level surface in your freezer and freeze for at least 24 hours.
Remove the pint from the freezer and take off the lid. Place the pint container into the Ninja Creami machine’s outer bowl and secure the outer bowl lid.
Transfer the bowl apparatus to the Ninja Creami machine and lock it into place. Press the Ice
Cream button and allow the cycle to complete. You might have to re-spin after the first time. Keep going until you get that nice, creamy texture!
Remove the pint from the machine and check the ice cream’s texture. If it appears crumbly, insert it back into the machine and press the Re-spin button. If it’s still crumbly after that, add a tablespoon of milk and Re-spin again.
Pro Tips and Variations for Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream
- Read the Manual: Start by thoroughly reading the user manual that comes with your Ninja Creami. This will provide specific guidelines for your particular model.
- Pre-Freeze the Bowl: Make sure the freezer bowl is properly frozen. It’s recommended to freeze it for at least 24 hours before making ice cream. A colder bowl will result in better ice cream consistency.
- Don’t Overfill: Don’t fill the machine beyond its recommended capacity. Overfilling can lead to uneven freezing and a not-so-good final product.
- Add Mix-Ins at the Right Time: If you’re adding mix-ins like chocolate chips, nuts, or fruits, add them towards the end of the churning process to distribute them evenly.
- Clean the Machine Promptly: After you’re done, clean the machine according to the instructions in the manual. This will ensure it’s ready for your next batch and prevent any leftover flavors from affecting future batches.
- Store in a Separate Container: Once your ice cream is ready and frozen, store it in a separate, airtight container in the freezer to maintain its freshness and prevent ice crystals from forming. Storing ice cream in the provided Ninja Creami containers has led to ice crystals forming for many people.
- Change Up the Milk: Feel free to use your favorite milk for this recipe. You could use your favorite brand of almond milk, coconut milk, or soy milk to turn this into a dairy-free ice cream, but do keep in mind that the change in milk could change the creaminess of the final product. Some simple swaps could even make this a vegan ice cream!
- Mix-Ins for Gingerbread Ice Cream: Gingerbread cookie chunks, Christmas cookies, toasted pecans or walnuts, chocolate chips, or a caramel swirl would make yummy mix-ins for this homemade gingerbread ice cream recipe. If you want a unique flavor, try out some peanut butter.
- Add Some Protein: Give this ice cream a protein boost using Fairlife milk instead of regular cow’s milk. This will give you a significant added protein boost and is a simple way to make some yummy Ninja Creami protein ice cream. You could also mix in some protein powder if you do not want to use protein milk. They are a good idea if you want to make healthier choices in the kitchen.
How to Store Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream
To save your Ninja Creami gingerbread ice cream for later, remove the ice cream from the provided Ninja Creami container and add it to an airtight container for storing in your freezer. Storing the ice cream in the Ninja Creami container could lead to ice crystals forming.
If you do, however, store it in the provided containers; all you have to do the next time you want some gingerbread ice cream is add some more of your favorite milk of choice and re-mix the ice cream with the Ninja Creami.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is so special about Ninja Creami ice cream?
The Ninja Creami ice cream maker is known for its rapid freezing technology, allowing you to make ice cream, frozen yogurt, and other frozen treats in just a few minutes. It offers the convenience of quick and customizable frozen desserts with various mix-in options and flavors.
How to make ice cream with Ninja Creami?
To easily make ice cream in your Ninja Creami, combine all ingredients in the provided container and mix well. Remember, you will need some instant pudding mix to get the right consistency. From there, freeze overnight for 24 hours. All you have to do after it is properly frozen is connect it to the Ninja Creami machine and let it do its thing!
How do you make Ninja Creami ice cream creamy?
Add more milky liquid between mixing cycles to make your Ninja Creami ice cream more creamy. Regular cow’s milk or heavy cream works best.
Do you really have to wait 24 hours for Ninja Creami?
Yes, you do need to wait 24 hours for your ice cream to properly freeze before using your Ninja Creami to get the right consistency.
How long does it take a Ninja Creami to make ice cream?
Ninja Creami ice cream takes just minutes to make. However, you do need to wait in the middle of the process for the mixture to freeze properly. With that, on average, it takes about 5 minutes to put the ingredients together, 24 hours to freeze, and then 10-20 minutes to churn based on your model.
What other holiday Ninja Creami ice cream recipes can I make?
There are so many delicious Ninja Creami ice cream recipes with a holiday twist that you can make! Here are a few ideas: chocolate toffee, salted caramel, cookie butter, peppermint bark, eggnog, cranberry lime, butter pecan, apple pie.
What to Serve with Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream?
I suggest you serve gingerbread ice cream with fresh, homemade cookies. If you want to top your gingerbread ice cream, try out caramel sauce, toasted pecans, gingerbread cookie chunks, chocolate shavings, molasses drizzle, or whipped cream!
More Ninja Creami Recipes
- Ninja Creami Strawberry Ice Cream With Condensed Milk
- Ninja Creami Chocolate Toffee Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Toffee Ice Cream
- Ninja Creami Lemon Sorbet
Ninja Creami Gingerbread Ice Cream
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 Tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 small pinch ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 Tablespoons unsulphured molasses
- 2 Tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
Optional: chopped/crushed gingersnap or Biscoff cookies for mix-in or topping
- In a small mixing bowl or large liquid measuring cup, whisk together milk, pudding mix, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and allspice until smooth.
- Add in molasses and brown sugar, whisking well to combine until the brown sugar dissolves. Be sure the molasses is incorporated and not sinking to the bottom of the bowl.
- Add vanilla extract and heavy cream, whisking or stirring to incorporate.
- Transfer mixture to a Ninja Creami pint container and close the lid. Place pint onto a level surface in your freezer and freeze for at least 24 hours.
- Remove pint from freezer and take off lid. Place pint container into the Ninja Creami machine’s outer bowl and secure the outer bowl lid.
- Transfer bowl apparatus to the Ninja Creami machine and lock into place. Press the Ice Cream button and allow the cycle to complete.
- Remove pint from machine and check the ice cream’s texture. If it appears crumbly, insert it back into the machine and press the Re-spin button. If it’s still crumbly after that, add a tablespoon of milk and Re-spin once more.
- NInja Creami Machine
- Ninja Creami Pint Containers