Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie –A pumpkin pie recipe that tastes like a homemade pumpkin pie, but in less than half the time? Yes, please! This Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie Recipe is going to be your new favorite go-to dessert.
You can make it for Thanksgiving or any other time of year, and you’ll never have to worry about it being too hard to prepare. Enjoy this easy-to-follow recipe with your family on Thanksgiving Day without the hassle of making an entire meal from scratch.
This recipe will teach you how to make a delicious instant pot pumpkin pie that everyone will love! It’s even more accessible thanks to the Instant Pot! All you need are some fresh ingredients, and a little bit of patience – which we know isn’t very difficult when it comes down to it!
If you’re a fan of pumpkin pie, but don’t have the time to make it from scratch, then this recipe is for you. All it takes is five minutes and your favorite instant pot. The result? A delicious dessert that everyone will love!
What Is Pumpkin Pie?
Pumpkin pie is a quintessential holiday dish. It’s sweet, spicy, and rich with flavor. This dessert is like the pumpkin spice latte of Thanksgiving dinner. What makes it so good?
We all love pumpkin pie, but what is it? Well, I’m going to tell you! Pumpkin pie is a traditional dessert consisting of a crust filled with cooked pumpkin and other ingredients such as sugar, spices, and milk. It was initially served in the American colonies during Thanksgiving celebrations. Nowadays, it’s one of America’s favorite desserts for any time of year.
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie
- Graham Cracker Crumbs
- Pumpkin Puree
- Evaporated Milk
- Dark Brown Sugar
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
How To Make Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie
In a small mixing bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of the graham cracker crumbs, honey, ground ginger, and salt, and mix well. Pour the melted butter into the mixture, and then press the mixture into a springform pan. Place the springform pan into the freezer until frozen solid.
Then in a small mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, dark brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, , vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well. Pour the filling into the frozen pie crust. Wrap in foil.
Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot Bowl, and add trivet into the bowl. Set the pie on top of the trivet. Set the time for manual high pressure for 40 minutes. When the time is up, let a natural release happen.
Let cool slightly before serving.
Does Pumpkin Pie Need to Be Refrigerated?
I usually make this dessert ahead of time and then place it into the refrigerator. You can serve it either room temperate, warm or cold.
Since the pie contains dairy, it’s best left in the refrigerator, covered with saran wrap. The Instant Pot Pumpkin Pie will last for about 2 to 3 days.
Can You Freeze Pumpkin Pie?
This is a great way to save time during the holidays. You can quickly freeze this. Cook the pie as directed below, and then let the pie cool to room temperature. Wrap the pastry tightly in saran wrap a couple of times and then a couple of times in aluminum foil. Place the covered and wrapped pie in a freezer bag. The pumpkin pie will last in the freezer for about a month.
To use from frozen: Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
MORE INSTANT POT DESSERT RECIPES:
- INSTANT POT LEMON CURD
- INSTANT POT FUNNEL CAKES
- NINJA FOODI RUM RAISIN RICE PUDDING
- INSTANT POT ANDES MINT CHEESECAKE BITES
- INSTANT POT RED VELVET CAKE
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 6 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups crushed graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 15 ounce canned pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- In a small mixing bowl, mix 1 1/2 cups of the graham cracker crumbs, honey, ground ginger, and salt, and mix well.
- Pour the melted butter into the mixture, and then press the mixture into a springform pan.
- Place the springform pan into the freezer until frozen solid.
- Then in a small mixing bowl, mix the pumpkin puree, evaporated milk, dark brown sugar, egg, egg yolk, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, and salt. Mix well.
- Pour the filling into the frozen pie crust. Wrap in foil.
- Add 1 cup of water to the Instant Pot Bowl, and add trivet into the bowl.
- Set the pie on top of the trivet. Set the time for manual high pressure for 40 minutes.
- When the time is up, let a natural release happen.
- Let cool slightly before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 241Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 74mgSodium: 370mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 2gSugar: 17gProtein: 4g
ForkToSpoon.com occasionally offers nutritional information for recipes contained on this site. This information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although we try to attempt to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.