Do you love making salsa but don’t have the time to wait for it to simmer on the stove? Well, guess what- your Instant Pot has got you covered! This recipe is so simple and takes just minutes to make. Plus, it’s perfect for a quick and easy appetizer or snack. Who knew being a couch potato could taste so good? Give this recipe a try today!
Homemade Instant Pot Salsa This is a great homemade appetizer, I served it for the football parties for my kids, and I plan to make it for our annual Superbowl party!
If you love homemade salsa, this is one of the easiest recipes you will ever make. And it’s done all in the Instant Pot. The absolutely perfect and easy appetizer. It’s also great for a Taco Tuesday with the family.
My family absolutely loves Mexican food, so this is one of my go-to recipes, I usually end up making a batch every week, and my kids devour it. And honestly, it can not be any simpler.
My mother used to make this on the slow-cooker but with this method, it is so much water. But if you are looking for a Homemade Crock Pot Recipe, one of my favorites is By Food Network.
If you are looking for other easy Instant Pot Dips, here are some of my favorites, NINJA FOODI SPICY SAUSAGE QUESO DIP, INSTANT POT QUESO, INSTANT POT COPYCAT OLIVE GARDEN SPINACH ARTICHOKE DIP.
Why Make Salsa In The Instant Pot?
It’s no secret that the Instant Pot is a magical appliance. With just the push of a button, you can have dinner on the table in no time. But did you know that you can also use your Instant Pot to make salsa? Yes, really! Here are four reasons why you should make salsa in your Instant Pot!
- It’s easy: All you need is a few ingredients and your Instant Pot, and you’re good to go.
- You can customize it: Whether you want mild or spicy salsa, the Instant Pot lets you customize it to your taste.
- It’s quick: In just 20 minutes, you can have homemade salsa ready to eat.
- It’s absolutely delicious!
The Best Instant Pot Salsa Recipe
Are you looking for an easy and delicious salsa recipe? Look no further than this Instant Pot salsa recipe! It’s simple to make and tastes great on tacos, burritos, or just by itself. Plus, it’s perfect for parties or gatherings. So give it a try today!
Ingredients Needed For Instant Pot Salsa
The key to this salsa is the ingredients; you need a lot of fresh produce. So the next time you head to the farmer’s market or produce market, grab these ingredients, and I promise you, you will have an amazing salsa.
- Garlic Minced
- Jalapeno Peppers
- Bell Peppers
- Red Onions
- Sweet Onions
- Ground Cumin
- Black Pepper
- Tomato Paste
- Lime Juice
How to Make Salsa in The Instant Pot
The secret is to chop your tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, and onions before starting the Instant Pot.
Just throw all of your diced vegetables, ground cumin, salt, and black pepper into the Instant Pot. Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the time is up, let the Instant Pot naturally release before opening the lid.
Open the lid, stir, and then add in the rest of your ingredients, mix until well. Then let cool to room temperature, and then transfer to a bowl and chill before serving.
Pro Tips For The Best Instapot Salsa
- Seasonings/Spices: Adjust the spices to your own taste buds, if you want this to be hotter add some diced jalapenos or some chili powder.
- Tomatoes: You can substitute fresh tomatoes for canned diced tomatoes. Use the same quantity in the recipe card below.
- Roasted Garlic: For some added taste add some roasted garlic into the salsa, right before serving.
Is This Salsa Recipe Spicy?
No, this is some zest to the salsa, but not enough to send you running with your ears burning off.
The heat can be easily added by adding fresh or canned jalapenos to the recipe. If you do not want the spicy heat, you can use the mild jalapenos, which are available in the Mexican aisle at your local grocery store.
How To Can Salsa In The Instant Pot
It has been well debated if you can with the Instant Pot or not.
According to the website and other data I could find, you can steam the jars shut. But the USDA has not given its blessing. So, if in doubt or you do not want to change it, I would suggest that you stick with regular canning equipment.
How Long Will Homemade Salsa Last?
This salsa will last for about a week when placed in an airtight container in the refrigerator. After that, it will start to spoil.
Keep the salsa in the refrigerator for best results. I would recommend keeping it in the refrigerator when not serving.
If you would like to freeze this salsa, place it into a freezer-safe container and then place it into the freezer. It will last between 2 and 4 months.
More Instant Pot Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Instant Pot Salsa
- 8 cups tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup sweet onion
- 1/2 cup red onion
- 1 large jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 large bell peppers, diced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- The secret is to chop your tomatoes, garlic, jalapeno peppers, bell peppers, and onions before starting the Instant Pot.
- Just throw all of your diced vegetables, the ground cumin, salt, black pepper into the Instant Pot. Set the manual high pressure for 5 minutes. When the time is up, let the Instant Pot naturally release before opening the lid.
- Open the lid, stir, and then add in the rest of your ingredients, mix until well. Then let cool to room temperature, and then transfer to a bowl and chill before serving.
- Instant Pot, or Ninja Foodi