If you love bbq chicken, you’ll love this air fryer version. This recipe for Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast is simple to make and so delicious! You’ll have a smoky, spicy chicken perfect for a summer meal.
Love the smell of barbecued chicken? With just 20 minutes, you can have beautifully cooked and seasoned bbq chicken breasts. You won’t believe how easy it is to make this family favorite! Who doesn’t love Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast? It’s a recipe that the whole family will love! And nothing is better than a simple air fryer barbecue chicken!
Have you fallen in love with your air fryer, or are you looking for easy chicken recipes? This is one of the best to start with, and serve it alongside some air fryer potato wedges to air fryer french fries! For a complete meal!
The Best Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast Recipe
And depending on what BBQ sauce you use, you can make this recipe gluten-free, keto-friendly, and low-carb, so everyone can enjoy this bbq chicken! It makes for a fantastic dinner when you are busy doing a million different things, and it’s great for meal prep and makes for an easy weeknight meal!
Why You Will Love This Recipe!!
- Quick: The air fryer is so easy to use that even someone with no cooking experience can cook up a delicious meal in minutes! This meal is a great time saver!
- Simple Ingredients! All you need are some chicken pieces, their favorite spices, or your favorite BBQ sauce!
- Meal Prep: This recipe is perfect for meal prep, whether as a main dish or you add the leftover chicken on top of a salad, chicken wrap, or even soup; you can eat it all week long!
- Goes With Everything: Whether you are doing keto (or low carb), you can serve bbq chicken breast with air fryer cauliflower rice, or for a kid-friendly meal, try Air Fryer Street Corn!
- Perfectly Cooked: The hot air circulating around the bbq chicken makes for a juicy chicken breast!
Once you make this boneless skinless chicken breast recipe, you will prepare this every week, as part of your regular rotation of meal plans!
Can You Put BBQ Sauce In Air Fryer
Yes, you can put BBQ sauce in an air fryer. In fact, using BBQ sauce is a great way to add flavor and moisture to air-fried meats and vegetables.
Ingredients For The Best Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Recipe
If you’re looking for the best air fryer BBQ chicken recipe, you’ve come to the right place! This simple and delicious recipe is perfect for a quick and easy meal. You only need a few essential ingredients, and the end result is a juicy, barbecue-flavored chicken dish that everyone will love. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Remember for all of the details, scroll to the end of the page, which will include the nutritional information in the printable recipe card.
- Chicken: Use Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts, or chicken tenderlions
- BBQ Sauce: Use your favorite barbecue Sauce, some of my favorites are Sweet Baby Rays, or you can make your homemade BBQ sauce!
- Seasonings and Spices: Onion Powder, Cayenne Pepper, Garlic Powder, Kosher Salt, and Black Pepper
How To Make BBQ Chicken Breast In Air Fryer
This might be eth best cooking method for your cooking an easy weeknight dinner! Who doesn’t love a quick and easy chicken breast recipe?
Step One: Season Your Chicken Breast
Spray your chicken with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with olive oil. Then add your seasonings to the chicken breast.
Step Two: Air Fry BBQ Chicken Breast
Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the air fryer basket, single layer, and set the cook time for 12-15 minutes, at 370 degrees f, using the air fryer setting. Flip halfway during the cooking process. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Step Three: Add Your BBQ Sauce To Chicken Breast
When your chicken’s internal temperature is at 165 degrees F, at the thickest part of the chicken, add your barbecue sauce, and air fry for 1-2 minutes or until the BBQ sauce gets caramelized.
Step Four: Serving
Serve with a side of bbq sauce or your favorite dipping sauce.
Tips For The Best Air Fryer Recipe Barbecue Chicken Breast
Looking for the best air fryer recipe for barbecue chicken breast? Here are some tips to help you achieve crowd-pleasing results every time.
- Start by removing the fat from the chicken breast. This will ensure that your chicken breasts remain tender and juicy as they cook.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket. Otherwise, the chicken will not cook evenly.
- Timing: Since every air fryer is slightly different, it’s vital that you check on your chicken as it cooks up.
- Since all air fryers are different, checking the internal temperature is essential to know if the chicken is fully cooked. This can be done using a meat thermometer, and you should aim for an internal temperature of 165 degrees Fahrenheit to ensure that your chicken is fully cooked. The cooking time will vary based on the thickness of the chicken breast.
- Barbecue Sauce: You can use Sticky BBQ Sauce, Homemade barbecue sauce; the best barbecue sauce will be your favorite!
With these tips in mind, you will surely achieve delicious, mouthwatering barbecue chicken breast every time you use your air fryer. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking today
How To Store Delicious BBQ Chicken
When storing your delicious BBQ chicken, using saran wrap or foil is essential to keep the chicken covered and maintain its flavor. Additionally, it is essential to store the chicken in an airtight container to prevent moisture from escaping and affecting the quality of the meat. With these simple steps, you can keep your BBQ chicken fresh and tasty. This chicken will last in the refrigerator for 3-4 days.
What To Serve With BBQ Boneless Chicken Breast
Boneless chicken breast is a versatile protein that goes well with barbecue sauce. Whether you’re planning an outdoor party, or a family dinner, or want some tasty leftovers for lunch the next day, here are some great recipes to get creative with:
- BBQ Chicken Tacos – Taco night gets even more exciting when you add barbecue chicken! Top your shells with a few strips of cooked chicken breasts, some guacamole, and shredded cheese for a quick and easy family dinner.
- BBQ Chicken Quesadillas – This tasty Mexican-inspired dish is perfect when you’re in a hurry or want something different than the usual taco night. Top your tortillas with a layer of shredded cheese, some barbecue chicken, and extra toppings like onions or peppers for extra flavor.
- BBQ Chicken Pizza – Who doesn’t love pizza night? Amp the flavor by adding cooked chicken breasts to your favorite homemade or store-bought crust topped with barbecue sauce, mozzarella cheese, and pizza toppings.
- BBQ Chicken Pasta Salad – Have leftovers after cooking barbecue chicken? Chop them up and add to your favorite pasta salad recipe for a delicious lunch the next day at work or school. Add your choice of vegetables like onions, peppers, corn, peas, or tomatoes, along with any of your favorite herbs and seasonings to make it even tastier.
- BBQ Chicken Quesadilla Casserole is a great dish for feeding a crowd! Layer tortillas, cheese, and chicken on the bottom of a baking dish before topping it with another layer of tortillas, cheese, and barbecue sauce.
Barbecue chicken breasts are a summertime favorite, and this easy air fryer recipe will make them even better. The barbecue sauce makes the air fryer chicken breasts juicy and flavorful. Plus, it’s a quick and easy meal that the whole family will love. Leave a comment below and let us know how you liked the recipe. Did you cook your chicken in an air fryer or on the grill? We want to hear from you!
Best BBQ Sauces For Air Frying
There are many BBQ sauces available on the market, and choosing the best one for air frying can be a matter of personal preference. However, here are some BBQ sauce recommendations that are known for working well with air frying:
My Favorites For Barbecue Chicken:
KETO and Low-Carb Friendly BBQ Sauce Options:
More Air Fryer Recipes
CHINESE AIR FRYER KUNG PAO CHICKEN
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Breast
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce
- Spray your chicken with nonstick cooking spray, or brush with olive oil. Then add your seasonings to the chicken breast.
- Add the seasoned chicken breasts to the air fryer basket, single layer, and set the cooking time for 12-15 minutes, at 370 degrees f, using the air fryer setting. Flip halfway during the cooking process. Remove when the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- When your chicken's internal temperature is at 165 degrees F, at the thickest part of the chicken, add your barbecue sauce and air fry for 1-2 minutes or until the BBQ sauce gets caramelized.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer
- Olive Oil Spray, or cooking spray