Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites — If you’re looking for an easy, delicious dish that packs in big flavor and is sure to be a crowd-pleaser at your next dinner party or potluck, then Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites are the perfect option.
This tasty recipe uses simple ingredients with minimal effort to create juicy pieces of chicken marinated in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce – all cooked up crunchy and golden using an air fryer! Not only does it make for a great appetizer, but it could also be the star of any main meal too; serve over steamed Jasmine rice and some stir-fried vegetables. So if you want to impress your guests without having to slave away in the kitchen, let this delectable Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites do all the hard work for you!
Crispy Air Fryer Chicken Bites
In search of a mouthwatering yet healthy appetizer or snack? Look no further than these irresistible Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites. With their crispy exterior, tender interior, and delightful burst of savory teriyaki flavor, these bite-sized morsels are bound to become a favorite in your household.
The best part? They’re cooked in the air fryer, which means you can enjoy all the deliciousness with a fraction of the oil and calories. Get ready to tantalize your taste buds with this simple and guilt-free recipe.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites
Are you adding some flavor and crunch to your everyday dinner? Then you need to try out these Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites! There’s nothing quite like the taste of classic teriyaki chicken combined with a hint of sweetness, and now it can be yours in just minutes. All you need is a few simple ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen pantry, and you’ll be ready to whip up these delicious bites in no time.
With this easy recipe, juicy pieces of teriyaki chicken will take center stage at any meal – from weeknight family dinners to special-occasion gatherings. Ready for an Asian-infused flavor explosion? Grab your air fryer, and let’s get started!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken: Boneless, skinless chicken breasts or chicken tenders cut into bite-sized pieces
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature eggs
- Breadcrumbs: Or use panko bread crumbs
- Teriyaki sauce (store-bought or homemade)
- Soy sauce (low-sodium if preferred)
- Honey or brown sugar for sweetness
- Garlic powder and ginger powder for flavor
- Cornstarch for coating
- Optional garnish: sesame seeds and chopped green onions
How To Make Teriyaki Chicken Bites In Air Fryer
Are you looking for an easy, no-fuss dinner dish that has all the flavor and crunch of takeout Asian food without any of the grease? Then you must whip up some teriyaki chicken bites in your air fryer! This delicious dish is a cinch to make – marinate, pop it in the air fryer, and get ready to enjoy a delightful meal.
With its sweet-and-sour sauce and scrumptious coating made with cornstarch flour, these flavorful morsels will surely become a family favorite. Read on for our step-by-step guide for making this yummy takeout classic (minus the guilt!).
Step One: Preparing the Chicken Bites
Cut your chicken into 1 to 2-inch pieces, then dry them with a paper towel. Place the diced chicken breast into a bowl.
Step Two: Prepare The Dredging Stations
In one bowl, add your flour; in another bowl, add your eggs (beaten with a fork and in the last bowl, add your bread crumbs. Dip your chicken into flour, egg wash, and bread crumbs.
Step Three: Air Fry Teriyaki Chicken
As you coat your chicken, place them into a greased air fryer basket with cooking spray, or use a reusable silicone liner. Spray the entire chicken with cooking spray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 8 minutes. (the internal temperature of the chicken will need to be 165 degrees F before you remove your chicken))
Step Four: Add Teriayki Suace
Combine the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey or brown sugar, garlic powder, and ginger powder in a bowl. Stir well to ensure all the flavors are well incorporated. Mix wtih the cooked chicken right before serving.
Step Five: Serving
Garnish the Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites with sesame seeds and chopped green onions for an added touch of flavor and visual appeal. Serve the chicken bites hot as an appetizer, snack, or even as part of a meal. They pair perfectly with steamed rice, stir-fried vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites
To ensure your Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites turn out absolutely delicious, here are some pro tips to keep in mind:
- Cut the chicken into uniform pieces: To ensure even cooking, try to cut the chicken into similar-sized pieces. This will help the chicken bites cook at the same rate and prevent some from being overcooked while others are undercooked.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket: Arrange the chicken bites in a single layer in the air fryer basket, leaving space between them. Overcrowding can hinder proper air circulation, resulting in uneven cooking and less crispy results. Consider cooking in batches if needed.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer is crucial for achieving optimal results. It helps create a hot cooking environment right from the start, resulting in better browning and crispiness. Be sure to preheat your air fryer for a few minutes before adding the chicken bites.
- Flip the chicken bites halfway through: To ensure even browning and crispiness, flip the chicken bites halfway through the cooking time. This allows both sides to cook evenly and develop a golden-brown exterior.
- Adjust cooking time and temperature as needed: Cooking times and temperatures can vary depending on the model and size of your air fryer. Keep a close eye on the chicken bites and adjust the cooking time and temperature if needed to achieve your desired level of crispiness and ensure the chicken is cooked through.
- Let the chicken bites rest before serving: After removing them from the air fryer, allow them to rest for a few minutes. This helps the juices redistribute, ensuring the chicken bites stay moist and tender.
- Experiment with garnishes and dipping sauces: Get creative with your garnishes and dipping sauces. Consider sprinkling sesame seeds, chopped green onions, or cilantro over the chicken bites for added flavor and visual appeal. You can also serve them with a side of extra teriyaki sauce, sweet chili sauce, or a spicy mayo dip.
By following these pro tips, you can enjoy perfectly crispy and flavorful Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites that will impress your family and friends.
Frequently Asked Questions About Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites
Can I use chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts for the teriyaki chicken bites?
Absolutely! Chicken thighs can be used instead of chicken breasts for the teriyaki chicken bites. They will provide a slightly different texture and flavor, as chicken thighs are juicier and have more fat. Adjust the cooking time accordingly, as chicken thighs may require more cooking time through the air fryer.
Can I use a homemade teriyaki sauce for the chicken bites?
Yes, you can use a homemade teriyaki sauce for the chicken bites. Homemade teriyaki sauce allows you to customize the flavors to your liking. There are various recipes available online that you can try, typically involving a combination of soy sauce, brown sugar or honey, ginger, garlic, and other seasonings.
Can I use store-bought frozen chicken bites for this recipe?
While this recipe is specifically designed for making homemade teriyaki chicken bites, you can certainly use store-bought frozen chicken bites and cook them in the air fryer. Follow the instructions on the packaging for the cooking time and temperature, and then toss them in the homemade or store-bought teriyaki sauce before serving.
How do I prevent the chicken bites from sticking to the air fryer basket?
To prevent sticking, make sure to lightly grease the air fryer basket or tray with cooking spray or a small amount of oil before placing the chicken bites in it. This will help create a non-stick surface and make removing the cooked chicken bites easier.
Can I make the chicken bites ahead of time and reheat them in the air fryer?
While it’s best to enjoy the chicken bites immediately after cooking for the crispiest texture, you can make them ahead of time and reheat them in the air fryer. Simply place the leftover chicken bites in the air fryer at a lower temperature (around 350°F or 180°C) for a few minutes until heated through.
Can I freeze the cooked chicken bites?
Yes, you can freeze the cooked chicken bites for later use. Allow them to cool completely, then place them in an airtight container or freezer bag. To reheat, place the frozen chicken bites in the air fryer at a slightly lower temperature and cook until heated through and crispy.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY CRISP
- AIR FRYER BLUEBERRY DUMP CAKE
- PREPARING A BUNDT CAKE IN THE AIR FRYER OR INSTANT POT
- AIR FRYER PEACH DUMP CAKE
- BETTY CROCKER MUG TREATS AIR FRYER
- HOW TO BAKE A CAKE IN THE NINJA FOODI
- AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CAKE POPS
- AIR FRYER COPYCAT PANERA CINNAMON CRUMB COFFEE CAKE
Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breast
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups panko, or breadcrumbs
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey , or brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger powder
- Cut your chicken into 1 to 2-inch pieces, then dry them with a paper towel. Place the diced chicken breast into a bowl.
- In one bowl, add your flour; in another bowl, add your eggs (beaten with a fork); in the last bowl, add your bread crumbs. Dip your chicken into flour, egg wash, and bread crumbs.
- As you coat your chicken, place them into a greased air fryer basket with cooking spray, or use a reusable silicone liner. Spray the entire chicken with cooking spray, and set the temperature to 370 degrees F, air fryer setting for 5 to 8 minutes. (the internal temperature of the chicken will need to be 165 degrees F before you remove your chicken))
- Combine the teriyaki sauce, soy sauce, honey or brown sugar, garlic powder, and ginger powder in a bowl. Stir well to ensure all the flavors are well incorporated. Mix wtih the cooked chicken right before serving.
- Garnish the Air Fryer Teriyaki Chicken Bites with sesame seeds and chopped green onions for an added touch of flavor and visual appeal. Serve the chicken bites hot as an appetizer, snack, or even as part of a meal. They pair perfectly with steamed rice, stir-fried vegetables, or a fresh salad.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, optional