Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash is amazing! Nothing is better for breakfast, lunch, or a simple side dish! And with the air fryer, you can roast this hash up quickly!
If you are looking for an alternative to regular hash browns, this is a recipe that the whole family will love, and of course, if you are looking for more breakfast ideas for busy mornings, check out some of my favorite recipes below.
This was a nice breakfast dish. One of my favorites is the Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash. Absolutely amazing in the air fryer, perfectly roasted, and the perfect morning dish a week before Thanksgiving! If you have never had sweet potato hash, it is easily made with the air fryer’s help.
If you are a fan of Sweet Potatoe fries, this is a GREAT and PERFECT recipe for you, but if you are not, and I know some of you aren’t fans, you can change it out for regular Air Fryer Hash by changing out the potatoes, the rest of the recipe will stay the same.
What Is Sweet Potato Hash Browns?
Looking for a delicious and nutritious breakfast recipe? Look no further than sweet potato hash! This dish is made with roasted sweet potatoes, onions, and peppers, and it’s perfect for a quick and easy breakfast or brunch.
Plus, it’s loaded with fiber, antioxidants, and vitamins A and C. So why not give it a try today?
How to Make Sweet Potato Hash
Sweet potato hash is the perfect fall breakfast. It’s hearty, healthy, and easy to make. Plus, it’s a great way to use up any leftover sweet potatoes from dinner. Today, I will show you how to make sweet potato hash using a few simple ingredients! Let’s get started!
Remember the step-by-step directions below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page and the nutritional information.
- Sweet Potatoes: Use a few large sweet potato. You can either leave the peel on or peel them. I love to peel mine so they get perfectly roasted.
- Onions: You can use sweet onions, red onions, or even green onions.
- Bell Pepper: Everyone loves the combination of potatoes and bell peppers. For added color, use a variety of bell peppers! Green peppers are a favorite for sweet potato hash.
- Olive Oil: You can also use any high-heat oil. I love using olive oil since the flavor is neutral.
- Seasonings/ Spices: Salt, Black Pepper, Ground Cinnamon, Fresh Dill, Ground Nutmeg, and Thyme.
How To Make Sweet Potato Hash In Your Air Fryer
Step One: Cut The Sweet Potatoes
Wash and dry the sweet potatoes. Cut the sweet potatoes into uniform shapes, about 1/2 inch pieces, the perfect size for sweet potato cubes.
Step Two: Prepare The Rest of The ingredients
Then cut the onions, and bell peppers, into 1/2 inch small pieces. Mix all ingredients into a large bowl, and ensure the sweet potato chunks are well coated.
Step Three: Air Fry Sweet Potato Hash Patties
Pour into the air fryer basket in a single layer. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and set the cooking time for 12-15 minutes. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
Check for the fork-tender before removing the potatoes. If they need a few more minutes, add 3-4 minutes. As soon as they are fork-tender, remove them.
Step Four: Serving
Serving with your favorite dipping sauce or melted butter on top.
Are Sweet Potato Keto?
If you were wondering if you can eat sweet potatoes on the keto diet, the answer is no. Sweet potatoes are usually considered a starchy vegetable and should be avoided in both lazy and regular keto.
Are Sweet Potatoes Gluten-Free?
Are sweet potatoes gluten-free? The answer might surprise you. While sweet potatoes are technically gluten-free, they can be cross-contaminated with grains that contain gluten.
So, check the labels carefully.
What Are Some Good Spices For Sweet Potatoes?
It’s no secret that sweet potatoes are one of the healthiest vegetables around. But what about when you want to spice them up a bit? Check out these five spices that will give your sweet potatoes some extra flavor and nutrition:
- Ground Cumin
- Garlic Powder
- Chili Powder
What to Serve with Sweet Potato Hash Browns
If you’re looking for a delicious and nutritious side dish for your next meal, look no further than sweet potato hash. This simple dish is made with just a few ingredients and is perfect for any time of year. Plus, sweet potato hash is a great way to get your daily dose of vitamins and minerals. Some of my breakfast favorites are:
- Air Fryer Scrambled Eggs: Is there anything better than a perfectly cooked scrambled egg? No, there is not. And now, with the help of your air fryer, you can make them quickly and easily at home. Even air fryer poached egg make for a great and complete breakfast.
- Air Fryer Million Dollar Bacon: This bacon is crispy on the outside and amazingly tender and juicy on the inside. Plus, it’s got a delicious sweet and salty combo that will make your taste buds sing. give it a try!
- Air Fryer Strawberry Scones: Are you looking for a delicious and easy way to enjoy strawberries? Well, look no further than these air fryer strawberry scones! This recipe is simple to follow and yields a light and fluffy scone that is bursting with flavor. So why not give it a try today?
Make-Ahead, Storage, and Reheating Tips
- To Make Ahead: If you want to make this ahead of time for brunch, peel your sweet potatoes, dice them, and then cover and refrigerator. Then come back and air fry your sweet potato hash.
- To Store: If you were wondering how long cooked sweet potatoes last. They will last for 2 to 3 days. Make sure you either place the leftover sweet potato into an airtight container or Ziploc Bag.
- To Reheat: Place any leftover sweet potatoes into the air fryer, set the temperature to 330 degrees F, and cook until the sweet potatoes have been warmed.
- To Freeze: Let your sweet potato hash cool to room temperature, and then place the hash into a freezer-safe container or freezer bag. They will last in the freezer for 2 to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight before reheating.
More Air Fryer Vegetable Recipes:
If you were looking for a recipe for Instant Pot Sweet Potatoes Cube, this is perfect. Some other great easy Air Fryer Vegaeble Recipes are:
- MEXICAN AIR FRYER SWEET POTATOES: They are the perfect side dish for your next fiesta! Best of all, they are cooked in just minutes using your air fryer.
- AIR FRYER SHRIMP AND VEGETABLES: This air fryer shrimp and vegetable dish is delicious and healthy. The shrimp are cooked perfectly, and the vegetables are tender and flavorful. Best of all, this dish is low-calorie and easy to make. You’ll love it!
- AIR FRYER FRIED POTATO PEELS: Potato peels are often considered to be a waste product, but with an air fryer, they can become a delicious snack.
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Sweet Potato Hash
- 3 large sweet potatoes, diced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 large bell pepper, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Wash and dry the sweet potatoes.
- Start by cutting the sweet potatoes into uniform shapes, about 1/2 inch pieces.
- Then cut the onions, and bell peppers, into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Pour all ingredients into a large mixing bowl, mix well, and make sure that the potatoes are well coated.
- Pour into the air fryer basket.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, and set the time or 15 minutes. Shake the basket several times during the cooking process.
- Check for fork-tender before removing the potatoes. If they need a few more minutes, add it. As soon as they are fork-tender, remove.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer