Here are great tips for making the perfect brownies:
- Determine which type of brownie you would prefer to produce since they are all different. If you would prefer a cake brownie, you need to reduce your flour to about 1/2 cup, you also use no baking powder. If you prefer a chewier brownie, just leave the sugar and butter separate, rather than cream them, as you do.
- To get cake-like brownies to add more flour and you use baking powder, you also cream the sugar and butter together.
- If you like your brownies chewy, use a bit more egg, it will make it chewier since it will be moister.
- For the best brownies use a metal pan as they conduct heat evenly if you use a glass pan it will cause the edges to burn.
- If you would like for easy cleanup, line your pan with parchment or aluminum foil, and create a slight overhang to create handles, this will allow you to remove the brownies, with little trouble, when they cool down. It will make it easier to cut into squares, and they look much better when you go to serve them.
- Do not mix in the flour, if you keep on mixing your batter until all the flour is mixed in, you will over stir the batter, which leaves you with dense brownies.
- Always use room temperature eggs, just leave them up for 30 minutes before baking, cold eggs make your batter denser.
- Always check your brownies about 10 minutes before your recipe calls for, since all the air fryers are different, this will lead to less burnt brownies, and more brownies to eat.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin–Print
Air Fryer, Seven Layer Brownies
These were my family’s favorite, when I was growing up, each brownie has a bunch of toppings and each of us had our favorite, mine was the butterscotch, while my sister loved the coconut flakes. They are amazing and so easy to make in the air fryer.
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 45
- Total Time: 65
- Yield: 8 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 1 stick butter
- 8 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, diced
- 1 cup of sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup flour (all-purpose)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened chocolate
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes
- 1/2 cup butterscotch morsels
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- In a microwave bowl, add the butter and chocolate, and then place in the microwave and set the timer for 30 seconds, every 30 seconds, remove the bowl and stir. Repeat, until the chocolate is melted. (mix well)
- Let cool, about 5 minutes, before adding the sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract, mix well.
- Mix in the flour, chocolate, and salt, mix well.
- Grease a brownie pan with olive oil spray, then pour the batter into it, and spread smooth.
- Set the temperature to 330 degrees F, for 20-30 minutes.
- Pour on the shredded coconut, butterscotch morsels, chocolate chips, and pour the condensed milk over all of the batter and toppings.
- Air fry for another 5-7 minutes.
- Let cool completely, before cutting and serving.