Air Fryer Pumpkin Beignets Are you looking for a delicious snack that is perfect for Fall? Well, look no further than these Air Fryer Pumpkin Beignets. They are easy to make and are so delicious that you will want to make them again and again!
It’s that time of year again when it is necessary to make pumpkin everything. From pumpkin cookies, pies, muffins, and breads- you name it! But what about the most important meal- breakfast? That’s where these pumpkin beignets come in. These are perfect for a Fall morning with tea or coffee with your loved ones before heading out into the crisp autumn air. Not only are they delicious but they’re also quick and easy to bake up.
What Are Beignets?
Beignets are a popular food in New Orleans and can now be found everywhere. The problem with most beignet recipes is that they don’t include pumpkin, which makes them less delicious than traditional ones. This recipe will fix that problem and give you an excellent pumpkin pie taste!
Baking in the air fryer has never been easier, it’s so easy, and the baked goods come out amazing, almost bakery-like! Light, fluffy and delicious! So, the next time you are looking for a great and easy way to bake anything, reach for your air fryer!
Why Make Pumpkin Beignets In The Air Fryer
As the weather turns cooler, many of us are turning to pumpkin recipes. This week, I’m sharing my recipe for pumpkin beignets made in the air fryer. Beignets are New Orleans-style doughnut that is typically deep fried. While you can certainly make them that way, baking them in the air fryer makes them much healthier and easier to prepare. Give these a try – they’re easy to make and delicious!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pumpkin Beignets
If you’re in the mood for something sweet and pumpkin-spiced, look no further than these air fryer pumpkin beignets. They’re simple to make and taste delicious! Plus, they only require a handful of ingredients that you likely have on hand. So gather your supplies and get cooking!
- Flour: Use all-purpose flour, if you want to adapt this recipe for gluten-free beignets, you can substitute the all-purpose flour for all-purpose gluten-free.
- Baking Powder: The leavening agent in this recipe.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice: You can either use homemade or store-bought pumpkin pie spice.
- Pumpkin Puree: Adds the cooked pumpkin to your recipe, it’s so good!
- Greek Yogurt: Adds some great flavor to the dough, and creates a moist beignet!
- Oil: You can use either canola or vegetable oil.
- Confectioner’s Sugar; Nothing is better on a homemade beignet than a dusting of powdered sugar!
How To Cook Pumpkin Beignets In The Air Fryer
In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice. Add the pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt, and oil and stir to combine.
Transfer to a floured surface and knead until you have a smooth dough.
With the help of a rolling pin, roll out the dough until around ½ inch thick. Cut into 8 rectangles.
Spray with the cooking spray and place in the air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
Dust with confectioners sugar and serve while warm.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Pumpkin Beignets
These Pumpkin Beignets are the perfect Fall treat! They’re easy to make and so delicious. But there is one key to making them perfect – follow these pro tips for the best air-fried pumpkin beignets!
- Spices: Making your own pumpkin pie spice is as simple and easy to do. You can find the recipe for it here!
- Pumpkin Puree: Make sure that your canned pumpkin is labeled as puree, if you use pumpkin pie filling, the beignets will be really sweet.
- Crowding: For best results, do not crowd the air fryer basket. allow plenty of space around the beignets, so they can cook up perfectly The hot air will allow the dough to rise, and produce light and flaky pumpkin beignets!
- Flipping: Depending on the air fryer that you are using, you am y need to flip the pumpkin beignets halfway during the cooking process. This way both sides cook up perfectly.
- Timing: Since every air fryer cooks up differently, it’s important that you watch your pumpkin beignets as they cook up. The time will vary by a few minutes, between air fryers.
- These beignets are a little bit less fluffy than the fried version.
- I prefer to make them without sugar since we are going to dust them generously with confectioners’ sugar. If you want them sweeter you can also add 1 tbsp sugar to the dough.
How To Make Ahead And Store
Making Ahead of Time: These are best when eaten right out of the air fryer but you can keep them warm in your oven if you want to want to cook them in batches.
As you cook the pumpkin beignets, put them onto a parchment-lined baking sheet, and place them into the oven at 200 degrees F.
Store: If you have any leftover beignets, don’t hesitate to enjoy them! Store the leftovers in an airtight container for 1-2 days before they start getting stale.
Freeze: This is a great recipe that you can make a double batch and freeze one batch. Let the pumpkin beignets cool to room temperature and then place them into a freezer-safe container. They will last for 2 to 3 months. Defrost overnight in the refrigerator.
How To Reheat Beignets In The Air Fryer
The easiest and most effective method of reheating leftover pumpkin beignets is to simply microwave them for about 60-90 seconds. You can also put the leftover beignets into the air fryer basket, air fry at 300 degrees F, and heat until they are warmed through.
More Air Fryer Pumpkin Recipes:
The pumpkin craze isn’t over yet! If you’re looking for some more delicious ways to enjoy pumpkin this fall, then check out these air fryer recipes. From savory to sweet, there’s something for everyone. So what are you waiting for? Start cooking!
AIR FRYER PUMPKIN TWISTS: Looking for a fun and festive way to celebrate fall? These pumpkin twists are the perfect way to get in the spirit! They’re easy to make and taste amazing. Plus, they’re healthy too! So what are you waiting for? Get started on these delicious treats today!
AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CHEESECAKE EGG ROLLS: In the mood for something different? Give these pumpkin cheesecake egg rolls a try! They’re quick and easy to make, and the perfect appetizer for your next party. Plus, they’re air fryer-friendly so you can enjoy them guilt-free. Enjoy!
AIR FRYER PUMPKIN CREAM DONUTS: Are you looking for a delicious Fall recipe that is both easy and fun to make? Look no further than these Air Fryer Pumpkin Cream Donuts! They are the perfect treat for a weekend brunch or party. Plus, the air fryer makes them extra crispy – without all of the added fat!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Pumpkin Beignets
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1/4 cup confectioners sugar
- In a bowl whisk together the flour, baking powder and pumpkin pie spice.
- Add the pumpkin puree, Greek yogurt and oil and stir to combine.
- Transfer to a floured surface and knead until you have a smooth dough. With the help of a rolling pin, roll out the dough until around ½ inch thick. Cut into 8 rectangles.
- Spraywith the cooking spray and place in the air fryer. Cook at 350 degrees for 10minutes or until golden brown
- Dust with confectioners sugar and serve while warm.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray