Air Fryer Pavlova is a delicious traditional Pakistani dish that requires layers of ingredients, flavorings, and spices to create its unique taste.
Making this delicious dish from scratch can be time-consuming and challenging, but with an air fryer, it is much easier! The air fryer makes cooking Palova faster, less messy, and healthier without compromising on flavors or textures. Today I will walk you through the process of making a mouthwatering Air Fryer Palova in just 25 minutes!
Are you looking to add a little variety to your weekly meals? Or perhaps you want to try something that’s healthy but also tasty and easy to make? The Air Fryer Palova might be the perfect solution for you!
This delicious traditional Indian dessert combines sweet, creamy flavors with crunchy texture from the air-fried ingredients.
Read on for our guide on how to make this deliciously simple Air Fryer Palova at home!
What Is Pavlova?
Pavlova is a dessert made from whipped egg whites and sugar, then baked. It’s named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova, who toured Australia and New Zealand in 1926. The dish was said to have been created to celebrate her visit. Pavlova consists of a crisp crust with a light and airy center, topped with whipped cream, fresh fruits, and nuts.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pavlova
If you are looking to make an impressive dessert that is sure to wow your guests and leave them wanting more with minimal work, then try making pavlova in the air fryer!
Pavlova is a light, crisp meringue-based cake usually topped with whipped cream and fresh fruits. It’s perfect for any special occasion or just when you want something delicious without all the fuss of baking. With only five ingredients needed, it’s easy to whip up this creamy and crunchy fruit-filled delight using your trusty air fryer! Read on to discover exactly what items you need for this miraculous recipe.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card, at the bottom of the page.
- Egg Whites: Use large room-temperature egg whites. It’s really important to mix the egg whites so that your pavlova rises.
- Castor Sugar: Use superfine sugar or caster sugar.
- Corn Flour: You can also use cornstarch.
- White Vinegar: Adds some acid, you can also use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Vanilla Extract: For best results use pure vanilla extract, which has a bolder taste than imitation vanilla extract.
- Serving: Fresh whipped cream, raspberries, or chocolate shavings.
How To Make Pavlova in Air Fryer
If you love the crunchy sweetness of the crispy meringue, then Pavlova is definitely a must-try! Making a traditional Pavlova in the oven can take several hours, but not anymore! With an air fryer, you can now serve up this delicious dessert faster than ever before.
Step One: Prepare The Egg Whites
Use an electric beater, hand mixer, or stand mixer. Add the egg whites into a large bowl, and whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
Slowly add the castor sugar, and continue to stir constantly until the mixture is thick and glossy. Add the cornflour, vinegar, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
Step Two: Air Fry Pavlova
Spray your air fyrer basket with cooking spray, then add a sheet of parchment paper to the air fyrer basket. Spray the parchment paper again, with cooking spray.
If you are using an air fryer pan, place the parchment paper into the pan.
Add the pavlova mixture onto the parchment paper, using the back of a spoon, or a wooden spoon, and pat the mixture down.
Step Three: Air Fry Pavlova
Set the air fryer to 250 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 15-20 minutes, or until the pavlova is set. Allow the pavlova to cool in the air fyrer basket before you try to remove it.
Step Four: Serving Pavlova
Serve with fresh whipped cream, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
How To Store Pavlova
Pavlova is a delicious and light meringue-based dessert originating from New Zealand. Its light, airy texture, and sweet taste make it a popular treat for special occasions. Here’s how to store your pavlova so that it stays fresh and delicious:
Refrigerating Unfilled Pavlovas
It’s best to refrigerate unfilled pavlovas until you’re ready to fill them with cream and toppings. Just wrap the pavlova in plastic wrap or place it in an airtight container before placing it in the refrigerator.
Freezing Filled Pavlovas
Filled pavlovas can be frozen for up to two weeks. Make sure you double-wrap the dessert in plastic wrap or aluminum foil before freezing, as this will help keep it moist and prevent freezer burn. When you’re ready to serve, let the pavlova thaw completely before decorating and serving.
Store any leftovers in an airtight container at room temperature or in the fridge for up to three days. The filling may become slightly soft but the meringue should stay crisp.
Topping Suggestions For Pavlova
Pavlova is a delicious and light meringue-based dessert featuring a crisp shell and fluffy interior. Here are some topping suggestions that will make your pavlova even more delicious:
Fresh berries add a burst of sweet flavor and juicy color to your pavlova. Add an unexpected twist by slicing up some kiwi or mango as well!
Chocolate lovers will love adding a drizzle of melted chocolate or some chopped-up chocolate chips over their pavlova. If you want something extra fancy, try topping the dessert with white or dark chocolate curls.
Whipped cream adds an extra layer of sweetness and texture to your pavlova. You can also pair it with any berry toppings for an extra decadent indulgence.
Nuts And Seeds
Adding chopped nuts and/or seeds is a great way to add a crunchy texture to your dessert. Sprinkle on some pistachios, almonds, pepitas, walnuts, or peanuts for an added crunch!
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI CAULIFLOWER WINGS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN ZUCCHINI FRIES
- RED ROBIN ONION RINGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER GUINNESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, RICOTTA, AND PUMPKIN FLATBREAD
- PEPPERS AND BRATS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PEACH AND CREAM SCONES
- AIR FRYER CAMEMBERT
As we’ve seen, making Air Fryer Pavlova is a simple yet creative way to bake up a deliciously light, bitter-sweet dessert. This is one of the best Air Fryer Desserts!
Air Fryer Pavlova
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour, or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup raspberries
- Use an electric beater, hand mixer, or stand mixer. Add the egg whites into a large bowl, and whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Slowly add the castor sugar, and continue to stir constantly until the mixture is thick and glossy. Add the cornflour, vinegar, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Spray your air fyrer basket with cooking spray, then add a sheet of parchment paper to the air fyrer basket. Spray the parchment paper again, with cooking spray. If you are using an air fryer pan, place the parchment paper into the pan.
- Add the pavlova mixture onto the parchment paper, using the back of a spoon, or a wooden spoon, and pat the mixture down
- Set the air fryer to 250 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 15-20 minutes, or until the pavlova is set. Allow the pavlova to cool in the air fyrer basket before you try to remove it.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, or Baking Pan