Air Fryer Pavlova is an amazing dessert that you can make in the air fryer, and it’s so good!
Making this delicious dish from scratch can be time-consuming and challenging, but with an air fryer, it is much easier!
Today, I will walk you through making a mouthwatering Air Fryer Palova in just 25 minutes!
Are you looking to add a little variety to your weekly meals? Or perhaps you want to try something healthy but tasty and easy to make? The Air Fryer Palova might be the perfect solution for you!
This delicious traditional Indian dessert combines sweet, creamy flavors with crunchy texture from the air-fried ingredients.
Read on for our guide on how to make this deliciously simple Air Fryer Palova at home!
What Is Pavlova?
Pavlova is a dessert made from whipped egg whites and sugar, then baked. It’s named after the Russian ballerina Anna Pavlova, who toured Australia and New Zealand in 1926. The dish was said to have been created to celebrate her visit. Pavlova consists of a crisp crust with a light and airy center, topped with whipped cream, fresh fruits, and nuts.
Key Characteristics of Pavlova:
- Base: The base is made from egg whites whipped with sugar until they reach stiff peaks. It’s then usually flavored with a small amount of vinegar and a starch, like cornflour, to create a marshmallowy center once baked.
- Cooking: Pavlova is slow-baked at a low temperature. This drying-out process creates a crispy outer shell while keeping the inside soft.
- Toppings: Once cooled, it’s typically topped with whipped cream. Fresh fruits, such as strawberries, kiwifruit, passionfruit, and berries, are also commonly used. Some variations might include lemon curd, chocolate, or flavored creams.
- Occasions: It’s often served during celebratory and holiday meals, particularly in the summer, due to its light texture and abundant fresh fruit.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pavlova
If you want to make an impressive dessert that will wow your guests and leave them wanting more with minimal work, try making pavlova in the air fryer!
Pavlova is a light, crisp meringue-based cake usually topped with whipped cream and fresh fruits. It’s perfect for any special occasion or when you want something delicious without all the fuss of baking. With only five ingredients needed, it’s easy to whip up this creamy and crunchy fruit-filled delight using your trusty air fryer! Read on to discover exactly what items you need for this miraculous recipe.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Egg Whites: Use large room-temperature egg whites. Mixing the egg whites so that your pavlova rises is important.
- Castor Sugar: Use superfine sugar or caster sugar.
- Corn Flour: You can also use cornstarch.
- White Vinegar: Adds some acid; you can also use apple cider vinegar or lemon juice.
- Vanilla Extract: For best results, use pure vanilla extract, which has a bolder taste than imitation vanilla extract.
- Serving: Fresh whipped cream, raspberries, or chocolate shavings.
How To Make Pavlova in Air Fryer
If you love the crunchy sweetness of the crispy meringue, then Pavlova is a must-try! Making a traditional Pavlova in the oven can take several hours, but not anymore! With an air fryer, you can serve this delicious dessert faster than ever.
Step One: Prepare The Egg Whites
Use an electric beater, hand mixer, or stand mixer. Add the egg whites into a large bowl and whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
Slowly add the castor sugar, and stir until the mixture is thick and glossy. Add the cornflour, vinegar, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
Step Two: Air Fry Pavlova
Spray your air fryer basket with cooking spray, then add a sheet of parchment paper to the air fryer basket. Spray the parchment paper again with cooking spray.
If you are using an air fryer pan, place the parchment paper into the pan.
Add the pavlova mixture onto the parchment paper, using the back of a spoon or a wooden spoon, and pat the mixture down.
Step Three: Air Fry Pavlova
Set the air fryer to 250 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 15-20 minutes, or until the pavlova is set. Allow the pavlova to cool in the air fryer basket before you try to remove it.
Step Four: Serving Pavlova
Serve with fresh whipped cream, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
Pro Tips For Making Pavlova In Air Fryer
Making Pavlova in an air fryer can be a unique approach, as the traditional oven method is usually preferred for this delicate dessert. However, an air fryer can yield a delicious pavlova with the right techniques. Here are some pro tips:
- Room Temperature Ingredients: Start with egg whites at room temperature. This helps them whip up better and hold more air.
- Gradual Sugar Addition: Add the sugar slowly while whipping the egg whites. This ensures that the sugar dissolves properly, leading to a smoother meringue.
- Stabilizing Agents: Include a stabilizer like cream of tartar, vinegar, or lemon juice to help the egg whites maintain their structure.
- Gentle Folding: When adding cornstarch or flavorings, gently fold them into the meringue. Avoid over-mixing, which can deflate the egg whites.
- Air Fryer Preparation: Preheat your air fryer. A consistent temperature is key. However, be aware that the temperature and timing can vary greatly compared to a conventional oven.
- Parchment Paper: Use parchment paper to line the air fryer basket, ensuring your pavlova doesn’t stick and can be easily removed.
- Size and Shape: Due to the size of most air fryers, you might need to make a smaller pavlova than usual. Shape the meringue into a smaller, thicker disk rather than a large, flat one.
- Cooking Temperature and Time: Set a lower temperature than you would in an oven (around 200°F or 95°C) and cook it longer. Keep an eye on it to avoid overcooking.
- Don’t Overcrowd: Give the pavlova space in the air fryer. Overcrowding can lead to uneven cooking.
- Cooling: Allow the pavlova to cool in the air fryer with the open door. This gradual cooling helps prevent cracking.
- Toppings: Once completely cool, top with whipped cream and fresh fruit before serving. The meringue base should be completely cold, or the cream will melt.
Making pavlova in an air fryer can be a bit experimental due to varying models and their temperature control. Perfecting your technique based on your specific appliance may take a few tries.
Can you make Pavlova in an air fryer? Yes, making Pavlova in an air fryer is possible, although it’s less traditional than using an oven. The key is to manage the temperature carefully and adapt the size of the Pavlova to fit the air fryer.
What temperature should I set my air fryer to for Pavlova? Set your air fryer to a lower temperature than you would in a conventional oven, around 250°F (95°C). This helps to cook the Pavlova gently without burning it.
How long does it take to cook Pavlova in an air fryer? Cooking time can vary depending on the air fryer model, but generally, it takes 15-20 minutes. Keep an eye on it, especially the first time you try the recipe.
How do I prevent the Pavlova from sticking to the air fryer basket? Line the air fryer basket with parchment paper. This will prevent sticking and make it easier to remove the Pavlova after cooking.
Can I make a large Pavlova in an air fryer? The size of the Pavlova you can make depends on the size of your air fryer. Most air fryers are best suited for smaller Pavlovas due to space constraints.
How do I know when the Pavlova is done? The Pavlova should have a crisp exterior and a soft, marshmallow-like interior. The exterior should be a pale, creamy color, not browned.
Can I open the air fryer during cooking to check the Pavlova? It’s best to avoid opening the air fryer too often, as this can cause temperature fluctuations that affect the cooking.
What should I do if the top of the Pavlova starts to crack? Some cracking is normal, but if it’s excessive, it may be a sign that the temperature is too high. Try lowering the temperature slightly.
What toppings work best on an air fryer Pavlova? Whipped cream and fresh fruit are classic choices. Avoid overly heavy toppings that can weigh down and compress the delicate meringue.
How should I store leftover Pavlova? Store it in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 24 hours. Refrigeration can make the meringue weepy and soft.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER TERIYAKI CAULIFLOWER WINGS
- AIR FRYER FROZEN ZUCCHINI FRIES
- RED ROBIN ONION RINGS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER GUINNESS CHOCOLATE CAKE
- AIR FRYER SAUSAGE, RICOTTA, AND PUMPKIN FLATBREAD
- PEPPERS AND BRATS IN AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER PEACH AND CREAM SCONES
- AIR FRYER CAMEMBERT
As we’ve seen, making Air Fryer Pavlova is a simple yet creative way to bake up a deliciously light, bitter-sweet dessert. This is one of the best Air Fryer Desserts!
Air Fryer Pavlova
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1 teaspoon corn flour, or cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups whipped cream
- 1 cup raspberries
- Use an electric beater, hand mixer, or stand mixer. Add the egg whites into a large bowl, and whisk the egg whites until firm peaks form.
- Slowly add the castor sugar, and continue to stir constantly until the mixture is thick and glossy. Add the cornflour, vinegar, and vanilla and beat until well combined.
- Spray your air fyrer basket with cooking spray, then add a sheet of parchment paper to the air fyrer basket. Spray the parchment paper again, with cooking spray. If you are using an air fryer pan, place the parchment paper into the pan.
- Add the pavlova mixture onto the parchment paper, using the back of a spoon, or a wooden spoon, and pat the mixture down
- Set the air fryer to 250 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 15-20 minutes, or until the pavlova is set. Allow the pavlova to cool in the air fyrer basket before you try to remove it.
- Serve with fresh whipped cream, raspberries, and chocolate shavings.
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper, or Baking Pan