Air If you’re looking for an easy and delicious seafood dinner, look no further than air fryer mussels. These little guys are cooked in just a few minutes, and the air fryer gives them a crispy crust that takes them to the next level. Serve with some simple sides, and you’ll have a meal your family will love!
Air Fryer Mussels are amazing! They are so good, and can you believe that I cooked them right in the Air Fryer?
So, if you have ever cooked Mussels before, nothing is as easy as making them in the Air Fryer. They are so good, and there is nothing better than a hot plate of seafood for lunch or dinner!
While you can use any lemon or white wine sauce, today I went with a simple garlic and butter mixture, which was good! And cooked within minutes. What can be easier?
What Are Mussels?
You can use the same recipe for clams and oysters as well. But mussels like clams are found in saltwater, and they are part of the bivalve molluscs family.
The part that we consume is inside the shell. It is typically either cream or pink, depending on the gender.
How To Choose Mussels
They are alive when you purchase them from the grocery store or seafood market. Sometimes they are already prepacked in bags.
However you purchase them, it’s essential to check them out. You are looking for:
- They should be open. If they are closed, do not buy them, it either means they are not healthy or dead.
- Look for shells in pristine shape; you do not want any cracks or broken shells.
- Keep them cold on your away home, whether you bag them in ice or a freezer insulated bag.
How To Store Fresh Mussels
Once you purchase them, it’s imperative to eat them within one day; remember, they are alive.
Please keep them in the refrigerator cold until you are ready to air fry them up!
Remove them from the bag, and place them into a bowl covered with a damp cold cloth.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Mussels
- Minced Garlic
How To Make Air Fryer Mussels
Soak the mussels in water for about 30 minutes. This will help remove the grit. Use a bru, clean your mussels, and remove the “beard.” Place in an air fryer-safe pan with butter and spices.
How To Store Cooked Mussels
If you have any leftovers, they will be great in the next day or two. Let them cool to room temperature, and then place them into an airtight container.
Place the container into the refrigerator. They are best eaten at room temperature or col. Reheating them in the microwave or the air fryer will make them rubbery.
What To Serve With Mussels?
The most common dish to serve with mussels is French Fries, also known as Moules Frites, which started in Belgium and is one of the most popular dishes.
You can also serve this with a healthy green salad, potato salad, or macaroni salad. Bread is traditionally served, as you can soak up the sauce.
What Dipping Sauces To Serve with Mussels
The dipping sauces you can serve range from the classic melted butter and other items. Some popular sauces are:
More Air Fryer Seafood Recipes:
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Mussels
- 1 pound mussels
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup water
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chives
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- Start by preheating your air fryer to 390 degrees F, air fryer setting.
- Then clean your mussels (soak for 30 minutes, as indicated in the instructions) and then use a brush and clean your mussels, and remove the “beard.”
- Then in an air fryer safe pan, add the water, butter, garlic, chives, basil, parsley, and mussels.
- Place your pan into the air fryer.
- Set the time for 3 minutes, check, and see if the mussels are opened. If they are not opened, cook for another 2 minutes. Once all of the mussels are opened, they are ready for eating.
- Plate, serve and enjoy!
- Air Fryer