If you’re looking for something delicious, satisfying, and easy to make, look no further than this Air Fryer Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles Recipe!
A twist on the classic Thanksgiving side dish, this casserole comes together in minutes with only a few simple ingredients.
The creamy sweet potatoes are combined with crunchy pecans and topped off with a buttery crumble topping that gets perfectly golden brown in the air fryer. Serve it as an impressive side or even a decadent dessert – either way, your taste buds will be delighted by these savory bites of comfort food!
Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles
Mini sweet potato casseroles are a delicious and easy-to-make side dish that is perfect for a cozy family dinner or a special occasion. Here’s a simple recipe for mini sweet potato casseroles, and it’s prepared in minutes, thanks to the Air Fryer.
Why Make Individual Sweet Potato Casseroles In Air Fryer?
For several reasons, making individual sweet potato casseroles in an air fryer is a great option. First, it allows you to easily portion out servings, which is great if you’re serving a crowd or trying to control portion sizes. Second, air fryers cook food quickly and evenly, which means you can have perfectly cooked sweet potato casseroles in a fraction of the time it would take to cook them in a conventional oven. Finally, air fryers are compact and take up less space than traditional ovens, making them a convenient choice if you’re short on the counter or oven space.
Additionally, air fryers use hot air for cooking food, so you don’t need to add oil or butter to achieve a crispy, golden-brown topping. This can make individual sweet potato casseroles cooked in an air fryer healthier than those baked in the oven, which may require added fats to achieve the same result.
Ingredients Needed For Air-Fried Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles
Air-fried mini sweet potato casseroles are the way to go when it comes to an easy, healthy, and delicious meal prep idea. Not only do they require minimal effort (all you need is a few ingredients!), but they’re packed with nutritional benefits too!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Sweet Potatoes: Fully cooked and cooled sweet potatoes or yams.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter
- Brown Sugar: You can use light brown sugar or dark brown sugar for some sweetness.
- Marshmallows: Use mini or whole marshmallows that have been cut.
- Seasonings: Kosher Salt and Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Individual Sweet Potato Casserole In Air Fryer
Are you looking for something to spice up your classic holiday dinner? If so, why not try out an individual sweet potato casserole recipe in your air fryer? This exciting twist on a traditional side dish is the perfect way to liven up any meal. With its fluffy center and crispy edges, this delicious version of sweet potatoes will have everyone asking for seconds. Not only that, but it’s incredibly easy to make with very minimal effort! Here we’ll provide a step-by-step guide and share some tips that will help ensure success each time. So get ready — after reading this article, you’ll make individual sweet potato casseroles like a pro in no time!
Step One: Prepare The Sweet Potato Casserole Filling
Add the cooked sweet potatoes to a small mixing bowl, and use a fork to mash them. Mix well with the butter, brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon.
Step Two: Assemble The Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles
Spoon the filling into the ramekins, filling about 2/3 way full. Top with the mini marshmallows.
Step Three: Air Fry Sweet Potato Mini Casseroles
Set the filled ramekins into the air fryer. Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes, air fryer setting. Remove once the mini marshmallows are golden brown.
Pro Tips For Making Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles In Air Fryer
If you’re making mini sweet potato casseroles in an air fryer, here are some pro tips to help you achieve the best results:
- Use small ramekins: Make sure your ramekins or baking dishes are small enough to fit in your air fryer basket. This will ensure that the casseroles cook evenly and are crispy on top.
- Don’t overfill the ramekins: Be careful not to overfill the ramekins or baking dishes, as the sweet potato mixture may expand during cooking and spill over the sides.
- Use a toothpick to check for doneness: To make sure the sweet potato casseroles are fully cooked, insert a toothpick into the center of each casserole. If it comes out clean, the casseroles are done.
- Let the casseroles cool before serving: Allow the mini sweet potato casseroles to cool for a few minutes before serving, as they will be very hot straight out of the air fryer.
By following these tips, you can create perfectly cooked and delicious mini sweet potato casseroles in your air fryer.
Frequently Asked Questions
How long does it take to cook sweet potato casserole in an air fryer?
The cooking time will depend on the size and quantity of your sweet potato casserole, as well as the wattage of your air fryer. Generally, it takes about 5-10 minutes at 350°F to cook mini sweet potato casseroles in an air fryer. For larger casseroles, you may need to adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking the sweet potato casserole?
No, you do not.
Do I need to cover the sweet potato casserole when cooking it in an air fryer?
No, you do not need to cover the sweet potato casserole when cooking it in an air fryer. In fact, leaving the casserole uncovered will help it develop a crispy and golden-brown topping.
Can I make sweet potato casserole ahead of time and reheat it in an air fryer?
Yes, you can make sweet potato casserole ahead of time and reheat it in an air fryer. To do this, place the cold casserole in the air fryer basket and reheat it at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
Can I freeze sweet potato casserole made in an air fryer?
Yes, you can freeze sweet potato casserole made in an air fryer. To freeze, let the casserole cool completely, then wrap it tightly in foil or plastic wrap and place it in an airtight container. Freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, thaw the casserole in the refrigerator overnight, then reheat it in the air fryer at 350°F for 5-7 minutes or until heated through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Best Ramekins For Cooking In Air Fryer
Air Fryer Mini Sweet Potato Casseroles
- 2 cups sweet potatoes, cooked and cooled
- 2 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- In a small mixing bowl, add the cooked sweet potatoes, and use a fork to mash them.
- Add the butter, brown sugar, salt, and ground cinnamon, and mix well.
- Spoon the filling into the ramekins, filling about 2/3 way full.
- Top with the mini marshmallows.
- Set the filled ramekins into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F for 5 to 8 minutes, air fryer setting.
- Remove once the mini marshmallows are golden brown.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer