This is one of the best and easiest dinners you can make in the air fryer. If you love salmon as much as I do, there is nothing like a piece of perfectly roasted Air Fryer Lemon Dijon Salmon.
If you have not roasted salmon in the air fryer, the fish fillet comes out tender and juicy. There is nothing better than a bite of perfectly roasted salmon.
I absolutely love all of my air fryers. I have used at least 35, and I have a couple on order. The air fryer does a PERFECT job with seafood. Nothing is better.
If you have never air-fried salmon, this is the perfect recipe to get you started. If you have been air-frying salmon for years, this is the perfect recipe to enjoy!
It is light, effortless, and most of the items you probably already have in your pantry or refrigerator. The preparation time is minimal, as is the air frying time, so it makes a perfect mid-week meal or just a lazy Saturday or Sunday when you want something delicious but doesn’t want to spend all day in the kitchen.
Air Fryer Lemon Dijon Salmon
If you love the flavor of lemon and Dijon mustard, this Air Fryer Lemon Dijon Salmon recipe is for you! With just a few simple ingredients, you can have a delicious meal ready quickly.
The salmon is cooked to perfection thanks to the air fryer’s ability to quickly cook through food with its circulating hot air. Plus, the lemon juice and Dijon mustard give it a nice kick of flavor. Remember that every air fryer cooks differently, so you may have to adjust the cooking time based on your own device. Enjoy!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Lemon Dijon Salmon
Air fryers can be an incredible tool for jazzing up several meals, from sweet potato fries to Brussels sprouts. If you’re looking for a delicious way to get your salmon fix, you’ll love this air fryer lemon dijon salmon!
This recipe is incredibly simple to make, requiring just five ingredients (or less!) that combine to create one flavorful dish. So if you’re ready to channel your inner chef with this zesty entrée, read on – I’ll walk you through everything you need to make the perfect plate of tasty seafood!
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Salmon Fillets, about 5 to 8 ounces each
- Olive oil: Or high-heat oil such as avocado oil, butter, coconut oil, or grapeseed oil.
- Dijon mustard: Use a good quality Dijon mustard since the taste will dominate in this dish.
- Garlic: Minced, fresh, or store-bought (jarred)
- Lemon juice
- Ground thyme
- Kosher Salt
- Black Pepper
- Lemon wedges: For serving
How To Air Fry Salmon
Craving a restaurant-style meal at home? Look no further than air fry salmon! Not only is it delicious, but making this dish in your own kitchen is also healthier and easier than you may expect. Read on to learn all the tips and tricks for creating crispy, juicy salmon perfect for any occasion – from family weeknight dinners to special meals with friends.
Step One: Season Your Salmon
Mix the olive oil, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and thyme in a small mixing bowl. Spread the mixture over the salmon.
Step Two: Air Fry Salmon Fillets
Spray your air fryer basket. Then put your salmon in your air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray. Set the tray or basket in the air fryer, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes.
Step Three: Serving Air-Fried Salmon
Spread the rest of the sauce over the salmon, and garnish with lemon slices/wedges.
Pro Tips Air Frying Salmon
Here are some pro tips for air-frying salmon:
- Preheat the air fryer to 400°F (200°C) for 3-5 minutes before cooking. This will ensure the air fryer is hot enough to cook the salmon quickly and evenly. It also gives the salmon a great sear and flavor.
- Brush the salmon with oil to help it crisp in the air fryer. You can use olive, avocado, room-temperature butter, or high-heat oil.
- Seasoning: Season the salmon with your favorite spices and herbs, such as salt, pepper, garlic powder, or lemon juice. Be careful not to over-season the salmon, as air frying can intensify the flavor of spices.
- Place the salmon skin-side down in the air fryer basket. If your salmon has skin, it’s best to cook it skin-side down so that the skin gets crispy.
- Cook the salmon for 8-10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillet. Check the internal temperature with a meat thermometer – the salmon should reach 145°F (63°C) for safe consumption.
- Let the salmon rest for a few minutes before serving. This will help the juices redistribute and prevent the salmon from drying out.
Frequently Asked Questions About Cooking Salmon In Air Fryer
Is it safe to cook salmon in an air fryer?
Yes, cooking salmon in an air fryer is safe as long as you follow proper food safety guidelines. Make sure to use a meat thermometer to check that the internal temperature of the salmon reaches 145°F (63°C) before consuming.
Use a meat thermometer or instant-read thermometer to check the thickest part of the salmon fillet.
How long do you air fry salmon?
It typically takes 8-10 minutes to cook salmon in an air fryer, depending on the thickness of the fillet. However, cooking times may vary depending on the model of your air fryer and the size and thickness of your salmon.
Do I need to flip the salmon while cooking in the air fryer?
No, you do not need to flip the salmon while cooking in the air fryer. However, if you want both sides of the salmon to be crispy, you can flip it halfway through the cooking time.
Should I remove the skin from the salmon before cooking it in the air fryer?
It is up to you whether you want to remove the skin from the salmon before cooking it in the air fryer. If you prefer crispy skin, you can leave it on. If you prefer skinless salmon, you can remove it before cooking.
Can I cook frozen salmon in an air fryer?
Yes, you can cook frozen salmon in an air fryer, but it may take longer to cook than thawed salmon. Following the manufacturer’s instructions for cooking frozen foods in your air fryer is best.
What are some good seasoning options for air fryer salmon?
Some good seasoning options for air fryer salmon include salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice, dill, and paprika. You can also experiment with other herbs and spices to find your favorite flavor combination.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Lemon Dijon Salmon
- 2 salmon fillets, about 5-8 ounces each
- 1 tablespoons olive oil, or butter, room tempeature
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic, or to taste
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme, or parsley
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, for serving
- In a small mixing bowl, mix the olive oil, garlic, mustard, lemon juice, and thyme.
- Spread the mixture over the salmon.
- Spray your air fryer basket. Then put your salmon in your air fryer basket or on the air fryer tray.
- Set the tray or basket in the air fryer, and set the temperature to 400 degrees F for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Spread the rest of the sauce over the salmon, garnish with lemon slices/wedges.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer