Welcome to Fall, don’t these galette apple mini pies look amazing! They are both so delicious, light and flaky, and the crust is awesome. My kids went apple picking this past weekend, and boy do I have apples to use up. So, I thought, why not try an apple pie galette in the Air Fryer?
I have been really busy looking for apple pie plates that will fit in the air fryer, I looked all of the obvious places, Target, Walmart and even William Sonoma, but my search ended on Amazon. I guess I should have started there.
That sounded like a plan and ordered these two mini pie plates to fit into my air fryer and they worked perfectly, I can not recommend them more.
Now, I used all the prepared pie dough to make this dessert. This is my second time making these. The first time, my family ate way too fast to take a picture of it. It was fabulous, I served it with some homemade vanilla ice cream. And, to be honest, it might be one of the most delicious desserts, I have ever eaten, even though I made it!
Next week, I will make my homemade cherry galettes but I wanted to share this with all of you, in case you were looking for an easy fall or back to school dessert.
This morning, I used my new Instant Pot, Vortex Plus, Air Fryer, which I purchased additional trays for, I found these too at Amazon and ordered them, they work perfectly, as you can see from the picture. So, if you need additional accessories for the Vortex, you can find them here:
Here are the simple steps, to make it in your own air fryer,
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
DON’T FORGET TO PIN–
This is an easy air fryer recipe that is a take on the traditional French dessert. Light and airy pastry in the middle are apples, which has a nice sugary topping. Easy, light, and delicious!
- 1 package pie crust (prepared)
- 2 apple (any type)
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons sparkling sugar
- tart by preparing your dough, if you used the prepared dough, just roll it out. Otherwise, knead and then roll out your dough.
- Roll out the dough.
- Use a large biscuit cutter, to cut the dough into perfect circles.
- Spray your pan (see my notes, about where I got the pans) with olive oil or non-stick cooking spray. As you make the circles, place them on the sheet.
- In a small bowl mix together the apple slices, with the brown sugar, lemon juice, and ground cinnamon.
- Then arrange the apple slices inside the dough, leaving enough dough to fold the edges.
- Break the egg into a small ramekin, then mix it with a fork. Using a pastry brush, glaze the apples and the crust.
- Wash the apples and crust with the egg mixture.
- Sprinkle the sugar over the pastry.
- Put the tray or basket into the air fryer, and air fry for 8 minutes at 330 degrees F.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!