Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies are amazing! If you are looking for a great summertime treat for your family, this is one of my favorite cookies!
They are absolutely delicious, and if you love chocolate, these cookies are filled to the max with chocolate!
I am always looking for snacks for my teens, and these fit the bill perfectly. And if you have not tried making cookies in the air fryer yet, let me tell you, they bake up perfectly!
Once you make these and become addicted to making cookies in the Air Fryer, try your hand at making some of my other favorites, AIR FRYER COPYCAT DOUBLETREE COOKIES, AIR FRYER 2 INGREDIENT OREO MUG CAKE, and AIR FRYER BREAKFAST COOKIES.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
- Chocolate Cake Mix
- Vegetable Oil
- Chocolate Chunks or Chocolate Chips
How To Make Air Fryer Double Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Start by mixing the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil together in a large mixing bowl.
Stir in the chocolate chunks. Then grease your drip tray. If you have an air fryer basket, then line your basket with cookie parchment paper (must be this). Scoop batter onto the pan.
Set the drip tray into the air fryer oven (or the basket into the air fryer) and set the temperature for 340 degrees F for 4 minutes. (air fryer setting)
PRO TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE
- Do not over mix your cookie mix. Otherwise, you will end up with dense cookies. Since, as you mix, the gluten is released from the dough, overmixing leads to dry and dense cookies.
- Let them cool completely before removing them.
- The cookies will harden as they cool down, which is important since you do not want to overbake them.
- Any cake mix will work. I would recommend using either Devil’s Food Cake mix or Moist Chocolate Cake Mix with Pudding. For best results.
- Since every air fryer is slightly different, it’s important to watch your cookies as they bake.
CAN I PREPARE THESE IN ADVANCE?
I often make a batch of cookies the night before, and I need them for a quick snack. They stay excellent for a day or two. As they age, the cookies tend to harden.
For best results, place the leftover cookies into an airtight container or Ziploc bag and keep them at room temperature.
CAN I FREEZE THESE?
Yes, these are great cookies to freeze.
To freeze any cookies, let them cool to room temperature and then place them onto a baking pan. Place the baking pan into the freezer. Freeze until the cookies are frozen solid.
Remove the cookies from the baking sheet, and place them into a freezer bag. They will last for about 2 to 3 months.
To use, place them on the counter or in the refrigerator until thawed. Then consume.
BEST CHOCOLATE CAKE MIX TO USE:
While any chocolate cake mix will work in this recipe, I have found over the years that some cake mixes are better than others for making these cookies.
Some of my suggestions are: (affiliate links included)
- Ghiradelli Chocolate Double Chocolate Cake Mix
- Betty Crocker Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake Mix
- 365 Classic Chocolate Cake Mix (Whole Foods)
- Trader Joe’s Chocolate Cake Mix
- Betty Crocker Gluten-Free Chocolate Cake Mix
Other Air Fryer Cookie Recipes-
- 18.25 ounces chocolate cake mix
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup chocolate chunks
- Start by mixing the cake mix, eggs, vegetable oil in a large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the chocolate chunks. Then grease your drip tray. If you have an air fryer basket, then line your basket with cookie parchment paper (must be this). Scoop batter onto the pan.
- Set the drip tray into the air fryer oven (or the basket into the air fryer)and set the temperature for 340 degrees F for 4 minutes. (air fryer setting)
- Let the cookies cool before removing them. (The will harden up)
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 168Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 177mgCarbohydrates: 21gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 2g