Air Fryer Copycat Disneyland Churro Bites –Disney churros are known worldwide as a sweet and delicious staple. Whether you first tasted them at Disneyland or another theme park, churros provide a fantastic combination of crunchy texture and sugary cinnamon goodness.
Now, you can make a copycat version at home without firing your deep fryer. With this recipe for air fryer Disneyland Churro Bites, you can replicate that magical flavor in just 15 minutes!
What Are Disneyland Churros Bites?
Disneyland Churros Bites are a popular treat found at Disneyland theme parks. They are a bite-sized version of the classic churro, which is a fried dough pastry typically rolled in cinnamon sugar. Disneyland Churros Bites are smaller than regular churros, making them easy to eat and share as a snack.
These delicious treats are made by deep frying choux pastry dough until golden and crispy. After air frying, the churros bites are coated in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar, giving them a sweet and aromatic flavor. They are often served warm and can be enjoyed on their own or with a dipping sauce such as chocolate, caramel, or fruit sauces.
Disneyland Churros Bites have become an iconic Disneyland snack, loved by visitors of all ages. They are a delightful and portable way to enjoy the classic churro experience in a bite-sized format while exploring the park.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Copycat Disneyland Churro Bites
Disneyland’s Churro Bites are a fan favorite, with their delicious blend of cinnamon sweetness and crunchy texture. While nothing compares to the fresh churros in the park, you can use an air fryer to give homemade churros that same flavor and texture.
All you need is some basic pantry ingredients and your trusty air fryer! Put away those deep-frying pans; we’re about to make some copycat Disneyland churro bites!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredients list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Butter: Use salted butter
- Kosher Salt: You can also use sea salt
- Flour: For best results, use all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- Ground Cinnamon: For added flavor, baked inside the churros
- Eggs: Use large, room-temperature egg
- Cinnamon Sugar Mixture: Granulated Sugar and Ground Cinnamon
How To Make Copycat Disneyland Churro Bites In Air Fryer
Nothing compares to visiting a theme park like Disneyland, and one of its main attractions is the famous churro bites! Unfortunately, not everyone can get to Disneyland, but now you can have those same delicious crispy mini-churros in your own kitchen with this easy-to-follow recipe.
Using an air fryer, you’ll be able to recreate these beloved copycat treats faster than ever before – so let’s get cooking!
Step One: Prepare The Churro Dough
Add the water, butter, salt, and cinnamon to a pan or pot. While on medium heat, melt everything together and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat on low.
Add all the flour at once and stir quickly and vigorously to evenly mix the ingredients as a dough ball will form quickly. Immediately remove from the heat when that happens. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
Step Two: Form The Churro Bites
Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the eggs, one at a time, until combined. Pour the churro dough into a piping bag that has a large star tip.
Step Three: Air Fry Churro Bites
Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. Then add your churro into the air fryer basket; depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook these in batches. Leave plenty of space between the churro bites. Cook for 10-12 minutes; for added flavor, brush the churro bites with melted butter during cooking.
Step Four: Churro Topping
Mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl for the churro’s topping. Place each churro bite in the bowl and toss around to coat thoroughly.
Step Five: Serving
Serve while still warm, and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
Pro Tips For Making Churro Bites In Air Fryer
- Use the right dough: Churro bites are typically made with choux pastry dough, which is light and airy. You can make the dough from scratch or use a pre-made choux pastry mix. Ensure the dough has the right consistency, not too runny or firm.
- Preheat the air fryer: Preheating the air fryer helps ensure even cooking and a crispy texture. Set the air fryer to the recommended temperature for choux pastry (around 375°F or 190°C) and let it preheat for a few minutes.
- Pipe the dough evenly: Use a piping bag fitted with a star-shaped tip to pipe the churro dough into bite-sized pieces. Ensure the pieces are of similar size to ensure even cooking. Leave enough space between the churro bites on the air fryer tray for proper air circulation.
- Spray or brush with oil: Lightly spray or brush the churro bites with cooking oil or melted butter before air frying. This helps promote browning and gives the churro bites a crispy exterior.
- Cook in batches: Avoid overcrowding the air fryer basket or tray. Cook the churro bites in multiple batches if needed to ensure they have enough space for proper airflow. Overcrowding can result in uneven cooking.
- Shake or flip halfway through To ensure even browning, gently shake the air fryer basket or flip the churro bites halfway through the cooking process. This helps achieve a uniform golden color on all sides.
- Coat with cinnamon sugar: While the churro bites are still warm, roll them in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar. You can adjust the ratio of cinnamon to sugar based on your preference. Rolling the churro bites while warm helps the cinnamon sugar adhere better to the surface.
- Serve immediately: Churro bites are best enjoyed fresh and warm. Serve them immediately after coating them with cinnamon sugar for the best flavor and texture.
Frequently Asked Questions About Making Air Fryer Churro Bites
Can I use pre-made churro dough for making churro bites in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use pre-made churro dough if it’s available. Follow the instructions provided with the pre-made dough for cooking times and temperatures.
How do I ensure the churro bites are evenly cooked in the air fryer?
To ensure even cooking, make sure the churro bites are of similar size and arrange them in a single layer in the air fryer basket or tray. Avoid overcrowding to allow for proper airflow.
How long should I cook churro bites in the air fryer?
Cooking times can vary depending on the air fryer model and the size of the churro bites. Typically, churro bites take about 8-12 minutes in the air fryer at a temperature of 375°F (190°C). However, monitoring them closely is essential as cooking times may vary.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking churro bites?
Preheating the air fryer is recommended for best results. Preheating helps ensure even cooking and a crispy texture. Follow the manufacturer’s instructions for preheating your specific air fryer model.
How should I store leftover churro bites?
If you have any leftover churro bites, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days. Reheating them briefly in the air fryer before serving can help restore their crispiness.
Can I freeze churro bites?
Yes, you can freeze churro bites for longer storage. Allow them to cool completely, then place them in a freezer-safe container or bag. Freeze for up to 2 months. To reheat, thaw the churro bites and then warm them in the air fryer for a few minutes until crispy.
What can I serve with churro bites?
Churro bites are delicious on their own, but you can serve them with various dipping sauces such as chocolate ganache, caramel sauce, or even fruit sauces. They can also be enjoyed with a dusting of powdered sugar or a side of whipped cream.
More Air Fryer Recipes
Air Fryer Copycat Disneyland Churro Bites
- 1 cup water
- 8 tablespoons butter, unsalted
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tesapoon ground cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
Cinnamon Sugar Topping
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, c
- Add the water, butter, salt, and cinnamon to a pan or pot. While on medium heat, melt everything together and bring the mixture to a boil. Turn the heat on low.
- Add all the flour at once and stir quickly and vigorously to evenly mix the ingredients as a dough ball will form quickly. Immediately remove from the heat when that happens. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Transfer the dough to a bowl and stir in the eggs, one at a time, until combined. Pour the churro dough into a piping bag that has a large star tip.
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F for 3-5 minutes. Then add your churro into the air fryer basket; depending on the size of your air fryer, you may need to cook these in batches. Leave plenty of space between the churro bites. Cook for 10-12 minutes; for added flavor, brush the churro bites with melted butter during cooking.
- In a bowl, mix the sugar and cinnamon for the churro’s topping. Place each churro bite in the bowl and toss around to coat thoroughly.
- Serve while still warm, and enjoy with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray
- Parchment Paper