Are you looking for a quick and easy yet delicious meal idea? Then look no further because Air Fryer Chicken and Brussels Sprouts are the perfect weeknight dinner!
This simple dish comes together in just 30 minutes and requires minimal effort, so you can spend less time preparing a wholesome meal in the kitchen. With its tender chicken coated in savory spices and crisp, roasted Brussels sprouts with flavorful herbs, this healthy dinner will soon become a new favorite!
The Best Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Recipe For Your Air Fryer
Looking for a healthy and delicious meal that you can quickly prepare in your air fryer? Look no further than this chicken and Brussels sprouts recipe.
With just a few simple ingredients and basic cooking skills, you can make a tasty and nutritious meal perfect for a weeknight dinner or a weekend lunch. Plus, the air fryer makes it easy to get crispy and golden chicken and perfectly cooked Brussels sprouts without any added oil. Let’s dive in and discover how to make the best chicken and Brussels sprouts recipe in your air fryer.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
If you’re looking for a delicious and healthy dinner recipe, making chicken and Brussels sprouts with an air fryer is definitely worth the try! The best part?
You can whip up these tasty dishes in no time at all. Stock up on the ingredients needed for air fryer chicken and Brussels sprouts, put everything together, then sit back as your delectable dish cooks to flavorful perfection without any of the excess fat from frying!
Remember the step-by-step instructions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page, as well as the nutritional information.
- Chicken: Use boneless, skinless chicken breast, boneless, skinless chicken thighs, or chicken tenderloins.
- Brussels Sprouts: Cut in half
- Onions: Use white onions, red onions, or yellow onions, roughly chopped
- Honey: Adds some sweetness to the dish
- Oil: Use olive oil, extra virgin olive oil, avocado oil, or coconut oil.
- Seasonings and Spices: Minced Garlic, Kosher Salt, Fresh Parsley, and Black Pepper.
How To Cook Chicken and Brussels Sprouts In Air Fryer
Do you want to get some delicious and healthy meals on your dinner table without spending too much time? Air frying is the best way to do it! Deliciously crispy chicken wings, crunchy fries, and wonderful sides such as Brussels sprouts are all easily achieved with an air fryer.
Today we’ll be accepting a look at how simple it is to cook chicken breast pieces along with some perfectly roasted Brussels sprouts in the air fryer for a complete meal. With just minutes of prep time required, this can be one of the simplest meals you make tonight yet still full of amazing flavor!
Step One: Prepare The Chicken
Preheat the air fryer to 355 degrees F, or 180 C, for 3-5 minutes. Wash and pat dry chicken breast. Cut the chicken into cubes or bite-sized pieces.
Step Two: Season the Chicken Breast and Brussels Sprouts
Mix chicken, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, honey, oil, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
Step Three: Air Fry Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
Transfer everything to the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, then stir with a wooden spoon. Cook for another 12 minutes until the chicken is well cooked.
Step Four: Serving
Serve wtih fresh herbs or over rice or pasta.
Pro Tips For Cooking Chicken and Brussels Sprouts Recipe In Air Fryer
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the chicken to ensure it’s cooked through.
- Make sure the Brussels sprouts are evenly coated with oil to prevent them from drying out.
- If the chicken is browning too quickly, tent it with foil to prevent it from burning.
- Marinate the chicken beforehand or season it with your favorite herbs and spices for extra flavor.
- If you prefer a crispier texture for the Brussels sprouts, add a few extra minutes to the cooking time.
- Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket to ensure even cooking. Cook in batches if necessary.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can I cook chicken and vegetables at the same time in the air fryer?
Yes, you can cook chicken and vegetables at the same time in the air fryer, as long as they require the same cooking time and temperature.
Do I need to preheat the air fryer before cooking chicken and vegetables?
Preheating the air fryer for a few minutes before cooking is recommended, as this helps ensure even cooking and crispy results.
How long does cooking chicken and vegetables in the air fryer take?
The cooking time can vary depending on the thickness of the chicken and the type of vegetables. Generally, chicken breasts take around 15-20 minutes at 375°F, while vegetables like Brussels sprouts take around 10-12 minutes at the same temperature.
How do I ensure that the chicken is fully cooked?
The internal temperature of the chicken should reach 165°F to ensure it is fully cooked. You can use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
Can I use frozen vegetables in the air fryer?
Yes, you can use frozen vegetables in the air fryer, but they may require longer cooking time than fresh vegetables.
Should I season the chicken and vegetables before or after cooking in the air fryer?
It’s best to season the chicken and vegetables before cooking, as this allows the flavors to infuse into the food. However, if desired, you can add seasoning or toppings after cooking.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- Air Fryer Chicken Wings
- Air Fryer Steakhouse Potatoes Recipe
- Easy Air Fryer Parmesan Crusted Chicken
- Air Fyrer Sour Cream Potato Chips
- Air Fryer Tortilla Chips
- Easy Air Fryer Easy Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
Air Fryer Chicken and Brussels Sprouts
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken breast, skinless, boneless
- 9 ounces Brussels Sprouts, halved
- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped, or sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons parsley, diced
- Preheat the air fryer to 355 degrees F, or 180 C, for 3-5 minutes. Wash and pat dry chicken breast. Cut the chicken into cubes or bite-sized pieces.
- Mix chicken, Brussels sprouts, onion, garlic, salt, pepper, honey, oil, and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Toss to combine.
- Transfer everything to the air fryer basket. Cook for 10 minutes, then stir with a wooden spoon. Cook for another 12 minutes until the chicken is well cooked.
- Serve wtih fresh herbs or over rice or pasta.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper
- Cooking Spray