Air Fryer Cherry Oatmeal Pies — Are you looking for a quick alternative to your go-to oatmeal pie recipe? Put down the oven mitts and reach for your air fryer!
Today, we’ll show you how easy it is to make air fryer cherry oatmeal pies that are delicious and so easy to make!
With just three simple ingredients, these tasty desserts will be ready in less than five minutes – so get ready to treat yourself without derailing your diet!
Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies
Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies are a well-known snack in the United States and have been a staple in many households since the 1960s. They are one of the first snack cakes produced by the Little Debbie brand, which McKee Foods own.
An Oatmeal Creme Pie comprises two soft, spiced oatmeal cookies sandwiched together with a sweet, creamy filling in the middle. The oatmeal cookies have a moist and chewy texture, which pairs perfectly with the light and fluffy creme filling. The recipe includes ingredients like whole grain oats, molasses, and cinnamon, which give the cookies a rich and robust flavor.
These pies are individually wrapped, making them a convenient snack for on-the-go or to pack in lunches. As much as children love them, many adults enjoy them as a nostalgic treat.
Can You Air Fry Little Debbie Oatmeal Creme Pies
Yes, although you must place the little pies into an oven-safe container or on parchment paper.
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Cherry Oatmeal Pies
A delicious treat with a sweet and tart flavor, Air Fryer Cherry Oatmeal Pies are topped with flavorful cherries!
With just three simple ingredients – these cherry oatmeal pies will be ready from start to finish in no time. Read below for everything else you’ll need before baking a batch today!
Remember the step-by-step directions and detailed ingredient list are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the post, as well as the nutritional information.
- Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Pies: Unwrap those little treats!
- Cherry Pie Filling: You can also use any prepared pie filling for this recipe, including blueberry, strawberry, or peach!
- Chocolate Chips: Use regular chocolate chips or mini chocolate chips.
How To Make Air Fryer Cherry Oatmeal Pies
Do you want a delicious treat that’s healthful and easy to make? Look no further than air fryer cherry oatmeal pies!
Cherry oatmeal pies have few ingredients and come together quickly, making them perfect for weeknight sweet cravings or weekend treats. Read on to learn how you can make these irresistible pies!
Step One: Prepare the Cookie
Press the cookie down into the container in a ramekin or oven-safe silicone dish.
Step Two: Add Topping
Add your pie topping on top, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
Step Three: Air Fryer
Place the ramekins or silicone baking dishes into the air fryer, set the cooking temperature to 300 degrees F, and set the cook time for 5-7 minutes.
Step Four: Serving
Serve wtih whipped cream and additional chocolate chips or cherry pie filling.
Pro Tips For Cooking Little Debbie’s Oatmeal PIes In Air Fryer
While air frying pre-made baked goods like Little Debbie’s Oatmeal Creme Pies isn’t complicated. If you decide to experiment, here are some tips:
- Low and Slow: Set your air fryer to a low temperature, around 300°F (150°C), to gently heat the pies without melting the cream filling or over-browning the cookies.
- Short Cooking Time: These pies only need a short time to warm up. Start with 1-2 minutes, then check the pies. Remember, you’re simply warming them, not cooking them.
- Monitor Closely: Because of the sugar content and the cream filling, these pies can go from warm to burnt very quickly. Keep a close eye on them.
- Single Layer: Do not stack the pies in the air fryer. They should be in a single layer to heat evenly.
- Cool Down: Allow the pies to cool for a few minutes after removing them from the air fryer. The filling may be very hot, even if the outer cookie doesn’t feel overly warm.
- Preheating: Preheating the air fryer before adding the pies can help them warm up more evenly.
Remember that the product is designed to be eaten as is, so this experiment may not yield the desired results. For best results, consider making homemade oatmeal creme pies that are suitable for air frying, as this allows you to control the ingredients and preparation.
Can I use an air fryer to cook pre-made baked goods?
While using an air fryer for pre-made baked goods is possible, it’s generally not recommended due to its already-baked nature. The high heat from the air fryer can cause these items to become overly dry or even burnt.
Can I make homemade oatmeal pies in an air fryer?
Yes, you can! You’ll need to make oatmeal cookies and a cream filling; then air fry the cookies before assembling them into pies. This gives you control over the ingredients and preparation.
What other desserts can I make in an air fryer?
Air fryers are versatile and can be used to make a variety of desserts, including donuts, apple pies, churros, and much more.
How do I clean my air fryer after making desserts?
Most air fryers have dishwasher-safe parts. Remove these parts and wash them in the dishwasher or by hand with warm, soapy water. Wipe down the inside of the air fryer with a damp cloth to remove any leftover crumbs or residue.
Why are my homemade oatmeal pies hard after air frying?
If your homemade oatmeal pies turn out hard after air frying, they could be cooked at too high a temperature or for too long. Try reducing the temperature or the cooking time. Remember, air fryers can vary in their heat distribution and cooking times, so it may take a bit of trial and error to get it right.
Can I store my oatmeal pies in the fridge?
Yes, oatmeal pies can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to a week. For longer storage, they can be frozen for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator before serving.
What can I substitute for cherry jam in the cream filling of air fryer cherry oatmeal pies?
You can substitute cherry jam with any other fruit jam or preserve you prefer. Raspberry, strawberry, or even apricot could be delicious alternatives. The choice depends on your personal taste preferences.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER PECAN PIE
- EASY AIR FRYER CINNAMON ROLL STRAWBERRY COBBLER
- AIR FRYER, DEEP FRIED ENTENMANN’S CHERRY PIE
- AIR FRYER, APPLE DUMPLINGS
Air Fryer Cherry Oatmeal Pies
- 4 Little Debbie PIes Oatmeal, unwrapped
- 1 cup cherry pie filling
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips
- Press the cookie down into the container in a ramekin or oven-safe silicone dish.
- Add your pie topping on top, and sprinkle chocolate chips on top.
- Place the ramekins or silicone baking dishes into the air fryer, set the cooking temperature to 300 degrees F, and set the cooking time for 5-7 minutes.
- Serve wtih whipped cream and additional chocolate chips or cherry pie filling.
- Air Fryer
- Silicone Cups, or Ramekins