Air Fryer Cannoli there is nothing like a great dessert, and the air fryer delivered on one of my favorite desserts.
Ingredients For The Dough:
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons cold butter, cubed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 2/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- Mini Chocolate Chips
- Crushed Pistachios
- Powdered sugar
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, and salt. Set aside. Add the cold butter and cut it in with a pastry cutter until it forms coarse crumbs. You can also use a fork, 2 butter knives, or your hands for this. Stir in the egg yolk and wine until combined; dough will be crumbly.
- Place the dough on a lightly floured clean work surface and press/knead it into a dough ball. Wrap with plastic wrap and let it rest in the refrigerator while you make the filling.
- In a large bowl, stir together the ricotta, powdered sugar, and ground cinnamon until combined, set aside.
- Place the whipping cream in a large bowl, and with a hand mixer, mix until stiff peaks form about two minutes. Gently fold the whipped cream into the ricotta mixture and place this into the refrigerator until you really assemble your cannoli.
- If your air fryer requires preheating, preheat it to 400 degrees F, air fryer setting. Take the dough and cut it into 4ths, take one fourth and place it on a lightly floured clean work surface. Place the remaining dough back into the refrigerator.
- Roll out the dough until it is about 1/8 inch thick. Using a cookie cutter, cut out 4-inch circles; depending on how thin you rolled out the dough, you can get 4-5 circles.
- Spray the cannoli forms with cooking spray, wrap the dough around the form, and secure the edges where it meets with a small amount of water. Just dip your fingertip into the water. That’s enough. Press down gently to seal. Repeat with the remaining circles of dough you are working with.
- Spray the inside of your air fryer basket. Spray the outside of the dough. Air fry for 4 to 6 minutes until golden brown. Using tongs, remove the shells and take the shells off the cannoli forms. Caution they are extremely hot.
- Repeat with the remaining shells. If you have to reuse the cannoli forms, let them cool completely between batches. Let the shells cool completely. Once cooled, pipe the filling into the shells. Dip the ends into chocolate chips or pistachios. Dust with powdered sugar and serve.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. If you can, pipe the cannoli to serve instead of assembling them all and letting them sit. This will help keep the shells crisp.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: Air Fryer Cannoli