Are you looking for an easy and delicious air fryer shrimp that the whole family will love? Look no further than these Air Fryer Pesto Shrimp!
They are simple to make and taste amazing. They’re a healthy option that won’t leave you feeling guilty. So what are you waiting for? Try this recipe today!
Air Fryer Pesto Shrimp is so good! If you have been looking for an easy Air Fryer Shrimp Recipe, This is one of my favorites!
There is nothing better for dinner than preparing something that the entire family will love, and this recipe is so good that pretty soon, your family will be begging for you to make it all the time!
If you love shrimp and pesto, this recipe is excellent for you. Use homemade or bottled pesto sauce; this is a quick and easy dinner.
Why You Will Love This Recipe For Air-Fried Pesto Shrimp
- Low Carb and Keto Friendly
- Only Two Ingredients
- Quick — Only a couple of minutes for prep time!
- Great For Meal Prep
- Healthy Meals
- Perfect For Weeknight Dinners
- Easy Recipe
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Pesto Shrimp
Shrimp is a versatile ingredient that can be used in many delicious dishes! If you want to switch up your seafood recipes, a new take on pesto shrimp made in an air fryer may be just the ticket. This dish will quickly become your favorite with its crunchy texture and bold flavor. Not only does it deliver a big taste, but it’s also quick and easy to prepare.
Remember the step-by-step directions are below in the printable recipe card at the bottom of the page.
- Shrimp: Use jumbo shrimp, large shrimp, or medium shrimp
- Basil Pesto Sauce: You can use homemade pesto to store-bought pesto
How To Cook Pesto Shrimp In Air Fryer
Are you a fan of deliciously simple yet nutritious seafood entrées? If so, you’ll love this recipe for Pesto Shrimp cooked in the Air Fryer! Quick to cook and packed with flavor, it’s guaranteed to become one of your favorite weeknight meals.
Made from just a few ingredients, this lightweight air fryer dish is perfect for those trying to watch their calorie intake while indulging in full-bodied appetizing flavors. Perfectly crunchy on the outside and succulent inside, these ultra-flavorful pesto shrimp will surely be a hit at your next family dinner or potluck BBQ – read on to learn how to make them today!
Step One: Marinade The Shrimp
In a large bowl, pour the basil pesto sauce and mix well, covering the shrimp.
Step Two: Air Fry Pesto Shrimp
Place the coated shrimp into a greased air fryer oven sheet or in a greased air fryer basket in a single layer. Either spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil and set the temperature to 400 degrees F and the cooking time for 5-6 minutes.
Once they are opaque in color, pull them out, as you don’t want them to overcook. You can also use a meat thermometer.
Step Three: Serving
Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Different Air Fryers: This recipe will work in any air fryer basket oven model, including the Ninja Foodi, the Instant Pot Crisp lid, and other Air Fryer Basket and Oven Models. The time will vary by 2-3 minutes.
- Soak your wooden skewers for about 20 minutes before using them in the air fryer, which will prevent charring.
- This is a Weight Watcher Recipe. Calculate points on their website.
- Added Spice: Add some red pepper flakes for heat to this meal. Or use cajun seasoning or Old Bay Seasoning.
- You can use either fresh or frozen shrimp. I chose fresh shrimp since the marinade works better and flavors the shrimp more when defrosted.
What Is Pesto?
Pesto might not be a familiar name to some. Still, for Italian food lovers and home chefs everywhere, it is an incredibly versatile condiment with simple ingredients that can bring depth and intense flavor to any dish. This unique sauce—made from fragrant basil, nutty Parmesan cheese, tart pine nuts, and rich extra virgin olive oil—combines complexity with simplicity in the most delightful way.
You can purchase a jar of pesto from your local grocery store or Trader Joe’s!
How To Store Leftover Shrimp
If you plan to store leftover shrimp for later use, there are a few essential steps to follow. First and foremost, it’s crucial to cook the shrimp properly before storing it. To ensure that all bacteria are killed and the shrimp stays fresh, boil it until its center reaches an internal temperature of 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
Once shrimp is cooked, it should be cooled and stored quickly. Let the shrimp cool to room temperature, and then place it in an airtight container, wrap it in plastic wrap or a resealable plastic bag, and refrigerate for up to three days.
What To Serve With Pesto Shrimp
I like to serve this dish with a side of asparagus or broccoli. You can add some steamed brown rice, quinoa, orzo, or diced potatoes for extra texture and bulk. A light salad of greens and herbs would provide a refreshing backdrop for the pesto shrimp, and a squeeze of lemon juice over everything brings out all the flavors. As for the pesto, you can keep it classic or experiment with different combinations of herbs, nuts, and cheeses to your liking.
If you want to add more flair to the dish, consider some seafood-friendly accompaniments such as fresh tomatoes (either diced or cut into wedges) and diced red onions. These will add a nice crunch and sweetness to the dish. For a finishing touch, shredded Parmesan cheese sprinkled over everything can make it look even more appetizing.
The great thing about this dish is that it’s versatile – you can mix and match different ingredients depending on your tastes or what else you have in the kitchen.
Dipping Sauces For Pesto Shrimp
Dipping sauces are a great way to enhance the flavor of Pesto Shrimp. Whether you’re looking for something sweet, savory, or spicy, plenty of options are available. Here’s a look at some delicious dips that will take this classic seafood dish to the next level:
- Thai Peanut Sauce: This creamy, nutty sauce is flavored with fresh ginger, garlic, and lemongrass. It adds sweetness to the shrimp and can be used as a marinade or basting sauce.
- Spicy Cilantro Lime Dip: A zesty mix of cilantro, garlic, lime juice, and chili peppers gives this dip a nice kick. It’s perfect for those who like food with a bit of heat.
- Honey Mustard: This classic condiment adds a sweet tang to the shrimp and perfectly complements its pesto flavor.
- Garlic Aioli: Aioli is a rich and creamy garlic-infused mayonnaise that adds a rich flavor to any seafood dish. It’s also delicious with french fries!
- Other: Squeeze Of Fresh Lemon Juice, Lemon Zest, Italian Sauce, or Pasta Sauce!
Pesto Shrimp will surely please your taste buds no matter what dipping sauce you choose. Give these sauces a try and see which one becomes your favorite!
How To Thaw Frozen Shrimp
The best way to thaw frozen raw shrimp is to place them in a bowl of cold water and let them sit for 10-15 minutes. Ensure the water constantly runs over the shrimp so it does not get too warm or stagnant. Once thawed, remove the shrimp from the water and pat them dry with paper towels before cooking.
What Side Dishes To Serve With Shrimp
Shrimp is an incredibly versatile protein that pairs well with various side dishes; this dish also makes for great and easy appetizers! Here are just a few tasty options to consider when planning a meal centered around shrimp:
- Grilled or roasted vegetables: Serve a platter of air fryer asparagus, cherry tomatoes, red peppers, zucchini noodles, eggplants, or your favorite veggies!
- Air Fryer Roasted Potatoes: Serve a batch of roasted potatoes with your shrimp for an extra flavorful and hearty side dish.
- Rice dishes: Shrimp pairs well with rice-based sides such as fried rice, jambalaya, or paella.
- Pasta salads: Make a pasta salad with your favorite vegetables, cheese, and shrimp for a complete meal.
- Quinoa dishes: Quinoa is an excellent source of protein that pairs well with shrimp. Make a quinoa bowl with roasted vegetables and shrimp for an easy, healthy meal.
Regarding side dishes to serve with shrimp, the possibilities are endless. Experiment with different flavors and ingredients to create your perfect meal.
More Air Fryer Recipes
- AIR FRYER CRISPY SHRIMP
- AIR FRYER LEMON PEPPER SHRIMP
- GARLIC PARMESAN AIR-FRIED SHRIMP RECIPE
- AIR FRYER BACON-WRAPPED SHRIMP
Making Air Fryer Pesto Shrimp is a great way to get an easy and flavorful dinner. The combination of pesto, parmesan cheese, and shrimp is simply unbeatable! Moreover, this dish can be cooked and ready in under 20 minutes, making it perfect for a quick dinner or lunch.
Air Fryer Pesto Shrimp
- 1 pound shrimp, deveined, tail removed
- 1/4 cup pesto sauce, prepared or store-bought
- In a large bowl, pour in the basil pesto sauce and mix well, covering the shrimp.
- Place the coated shrimp into a greased air fryer oven sheet or in a greased air fryer basket, in a single layer. Either spray with cooking spray or brush with olive oil and set the temperature to 400 degrees F and the cooking time for 5-6 minutes.
- Once they are opaque in color pull them out, as you don't want them to overcook. You can also use a meat thermometer.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce!
- Air Fryer
- Cooking Spray, or Parchment Paper