Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread makes for an amazing breakfast treat. Served with a hot cup of coffee, it’s a perfectly delicious and Easy Air Fryer Breakfast.
If you have never made a quick bread in the Air Fryer, you have been missing out. They’re amazing! Light, tender, moist, and absolutely delicious.
The key to baking in the Air Fryer is low and slow; with the correct pan, you can bake anything you in the oven, in the air fryer. I have been saying it since I started baking with mine back in 2017.
If you are looking for even more Easy Air Fryer Breakfast Recipes, some of my favorites are AIR FRYER GLAZED PUMPKIN SCONES, BREAKFAST POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER, AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD, and AIR FRYER BARNYARD BUSTER WRAP.
Banana Nut Bread
Just like the name implies, it’s a traditional banana bread baked up (or air-fried up) with a healthy serving of nuts.
This is one of my favorite banana bread recipes, as the nuts give so much flavor and texture to the bread that you will soon be eating the entire loaf. (It’s that good!)
This is one of the best banana breads you will ever eat! It is truly amazing!
Ingredients Needed In Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
- All-Purpose Flour
- Baking Soda
- Ground Cinnamon
- Brown Sugar
- Sour Cream
- Pure Vanilla Extract
- Pecans or Walnuts
How To Make Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon. In another bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar, cream until the butter and sugar are light and fluffy, add the eggs 1 by 1, and mixing after each egg. Mix well. Fold in sour cream, bananas, and vanilla, mix well.
Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well.
Spray your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, filling about 2/3 the way full. Place the pan into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 12-15 minutes. Continue to air fry until you put a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
Let cool before slicing.
Some Pro Tips, For Making Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
- I always make sure that my bananas are ripe for the best batch of Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread. The truth is that you want a banana that is almost brown all over. That is what a ripe banana is. Ripe bananas are much sweeter than regular bananas.
- For your Air Fryer Quick Bread to fully cook, invest in a set of mini loaf pans. This way, the center gets perfectly cooked. If you find that the outside is cooked, but the inside is raw, that means you cooked at it too high a temperature. Lower the temperature.
- You can either use diced pecans or walnuts.
- If you want, you can add other mixins; some of my favorites are mini chocolate chips, but mini peanut butter chips are amazing!
How Rotten Should Bananas Be For Banana Bread?
While everyone thinks that once the bananas are yellow, they are ready to toss into a batch of banana bread ingredients, they really are not.
The best bananas to use for banana bread are almost all black. As the bananas darken, they become sweeter. So, if you are looking for an excellent lof of banana bead, wait until the bananas are almost all black.
How to Mash Bananas
Oen of the most common questions everyone always asked me, how to mash bananas for this recipe. It’s actually effortless, I break them up, and then I added them into my electric mixer, and it perfectly mashes them without me doing anything.
I always remove the mixing bowl and make sure that they are mashed. If not, I smashed them with my fork. If you do not have an electric mixer, use a hand mixer to do this, or use a fork.
The key to a great Banana Nut Bread is to have the bananas distributed in the bread, so making sure they are broken down is key to a moist and delicious Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread.
How to Store Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
This Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread will not last long in your house, but if you have any leftovers. Let it cool to room temperature, and then wrap it up in plastic wrap. It will keep at room temperature for about 2 to 3 days.
Any longer storage of banana bread, wrap it up and place it into the refrigerator, where it will last for about a week.
How to Freeze Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread
This Air Fryer Banana Nut Bread makes for a great and delicious make-ahead breakfast from the air fryer. You can easily freeze this bread.
To freeze, let it cool to room temperature, and then either slice it or keep it whole. Wrap the slices of bread in saran wrap tightly, and then a layer of foul.
This will stay good in the freezer for about 2 to 3 months.
To Use From Frozen: Place the frozen Banana Nut Bread into the refrigerator or on the counter overnight, until thawed.
What is in Starbucks Banana Nut Bread?
If you are looking for a copycat recipe for the famous Starbucks Banana Nut Bread, all you need to do is change this recipe out for both walnuts and pecans.
You will get the same yummy flavor and texture!
What Are The Best Pans For Making Banana Bread & Other Quick Breads in The Air Fryer?
While everyone has a regular-sized loaf pan, the regular-sized loaf pans do not work well in the air fryer.
You will often find that the middle does not bake. This is because the air fryer works by hot air spinning around the food. If the hot air never reaches the inside, you will end up with well-cooked bread on the outside, but not the inside. The inside will remain raw.
My suggestions for pans that work well in any air fryer, including the Ninja Foodi, Instant Pot Vortex Plus, Power XL, Corsori, and the Instant Pot Crisp Lid, are: (affiliate links included)
Some Other Great Quick Bread Recipes-
- AIR FRYER APPLE CRANBERRY BREAD
- AIR FRYER BANANA BREAD MUG CAKE
- EASY AIR FRYER, SOUR CREAM POUND CAKE
- AIR FRYER, CRANBERRY ORANGE NUT BREAD
- AIR FRYER, MARBLE POUND CAKE
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (omit if using salted butter)
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 stick unsalted butter, room temperature
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- 4 medium-sized ripe bananas
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup Pecans or Walnuts
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the flour, baking soda, salt, and ground cinnamon.
- In another bowl, mix the butter and brown sugar, cream until the butter and sugar are light and fluffy, add the eggs 1 by 1, and mixing after each egg. Mix well. Fold in sour cream, bananas, and vanilla, mix well.
- Slowly fold in the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients, mix well.
- Spray your loaf pan with non-stick cooking spray, filling about 2/3 the way full. Place the pan into the air fryer basket, set the temperature to 320 degrees F, air fryer setting for 12-15 minutes. Continue to air fry until you put a toothpick into the center and it comes out clean.
- Let cool before slicing.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!