Air Fryer Baked Fontina Cheese Dip — One of my favorite appetizers is the baked fontina cheese dip, but it’s even more delicious when I make it in my air fryer! This dish is made up of simple ingredients that you might already have on hand. It only takes about 10 minutes to prep and cooks up in minutes in the air fryer!. The best part? You can eat this cheesy dip with chips or veggies for an easy meal too!
The Barefoot Contessa is a cooking show that will make you want to dust off your party dress and gather up all those ladies for one last hurrah.
This recipe, Baked Fontina Cheese Dip, inspired by Ina Garten, makes for an excellent and delicious Holiday Appetizer!
All you need is a few ingredients, and you can have this delicious dip on your holiday table!
Baked Fontina Cheese Dip
Do you love cheese? And do you love to cook? Do you want a super easy recipe that is great for parties and game days? If so, this recipe is for you! This Air Fryer Baked Fontina Cheese Dip will be your new favorite dip.
It’s cheesy, creamy, and goes well with anything from veggies to chips. Make it in advance and air fry when ready- voilà! You’ll have the perfect party appetizer or side dish in minutes. So what are you waiting for? Get cooking today!
What Is Fontina?
Fontina is a semi-firm cow’s milk cheese that originated in Italy. It can be used in a variety of dishes and goes great with fruit or bread. Fontina has been around since the 8th century B.C., traditionally made by Italian shepherds from the milk of their herds. Today it is produced throughout northern Italy and Switzerland and can be found at most grocery stores across North America!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Baked Fontina Cheese Dip
- Fontina Cheese
- Olive Oil
- Minced Garlic
- Fresh or Dried Thyme
- Fresh or Dried Rosemary
- Black Pepper
How To Make Air Fryer Baked Fontina Cheese Dip
Add your cheese to a baking pan. Mix the olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, and drizzle over the cheese.
Place the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble.
Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
What Cheese Is Best For Cheese Dip Or Fondue?
Have you ever wondered what cheese is best for cheese dip or fondue? Cheese makes everything better, so it’s vital to get the right kind of cheese. You don’t want it to be too stringy and not melt enough. Many different types of cheeses can help you achieve your perfect dish!
There are two main categories of cheeses: soft and hard. Soft cheeses include brie, cream cheese, blue cheese, feta, cheddar, muenster, and mozzarella. Hard cheeses include parmesan, gouda, swiss, and gruyere. For a smooth texture with a mild taste, go for cream cheese or brie; try blue or feta if you like intense flavors.
For a dip or a fondue, you should use a soft cheese, like brie, cream cheese, blue cheese, feta, cheddar, munster or mozzarella, and of course fontina.
What To Serve With?
Cheese dip is a popular appetizer that can be served with a variety of items. If you are not sure what to serve with your cheese dip, here is a list of ideas for you!
- Crackers: The traditional way to enjoy this dish is by dipping some tasty crackers into it. Some people prefer saltines or oysters while others like Ritz and Wheat Thins. Choose whichever one you think would go best with your favorite kind of cheese dip!
- Chips: Another great option to serve with Baked Fontina Cheese Dip.
- Vegetables: Cut up some bell peppers, carrots, celery, cauliflower or broccoli, for a great and healthy dip.
How To Store:
Add any leftover cheese dip to an airtight container, and place it into the refrigerator. Refrigerated, this dip will last between 2 to 3 days.
You can reheat it in the air fryer or the microwave.
More Air Fryer Appetizer Recipes:
- AIR FRYER SOFT SHELL CRAB
- AIR FRYER ZUCCHINI ONION PIE
- EASY AIR FRYER PIZZA DIP
- LITTLE POTATOES IN THE AIR FRYER
- AIR FRYER CARAMEL APPLE TRAIL MIX
- AIR FRYER BACON WRAPPED PINEAPPLE
Air Fryer Baked Fontina Cheese Dip
- 1 pound fontina, cheese, diced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon thyme, diced
- 2 teaspoons rosemary, diced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspon black pepper
- Add your cheese to a baking pan. Mix the olive oil, minced garlic, thyme, rosemary, salt, and black pepper in a small bowl, and drizzle over the cheese.
- Place the pan into the air fryer, and set the temperature to 350 degrees F, air fryer setting, cook for 5 to 7 minutes, until the cheese starts to bubble.
- Remove and let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
- Air Fryer