Air Fryer Apple Pie Spice Drop Cookies — It’s officially fall, so apple picking season is in full swing! What better way to use up all of those fresh apples than by making Air Fryer Apple Pie Spice Drop Cookies? These cookies are easy to make and so delicious. Plus, they’re healthy too – thanks to the air fryer!
In my house, we love apple pie spice. It’s the perfect mix of sweet and spicy, and it goes so well with apples. I was looking for a way to use it in a cookie, and I came up with this recipe for air fryer apple pie spice drop cookies. They’re quick and easy to make, and they’re delicious! If you’re looking for a new cookie recipe to try, give these a go!
The Perfect Air Fryer Fall Dessert Recipe
Fall is the perfect time to break out your air fryer and bake some delicious cookies as the weather begins to cool and the leaves start to change color.
This fall dessert recipe is easy to make and only takes a few minutes to cook! And they are unique, and if you love everything apples, you will fall in love with this recipe!
Ingredients Needed For Air Fryer Apple Pie Spice Drop Cookies
Looking for a fun, new way to make apple pie spice drop cookies? Well, look no further than your air fryer! These cookies are easy to make and delicious. Plus, they only require a few simple ingredients. Keep reading for the recipe.
- All-Purpose Flour: Use freshly sifted flour for the best flavor. If you want to prepare gluten-free cookies, you can switch the flour out to gluten-free all-purpose flour.
- Baking Powder and Baking Soda: Makes for a fresh batch of cookies, and the baking powder and baking soda, help the cookies rise and make them light and fluffy.
- Butter: Use unsalted butter at room temperature.
- Granulated Sugar: If you want a low-sugar recipe, you can use a sugar substitute, such as Splenda.
- Egg: Use a large, room temperature egg.
- Unsweetened Applesauce: Gives you a great flavor of apples in your cookies!
- Vanilla: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor.
- Apples: Use fresh, peeled, and diced apples.
- Seasonings/Spices: Ground Cinnamon, Ground Nutmeg, Ground Allspice, Ground Ginger, and Salt.
How To Cook Apple Pie Spice Drop Cookies In The Air Fryer
Fall is the perfect time to break out the air fryer and bake some delicious apple pie spice drop cookies. These cookies are bursting with fall flavor and are so easy to make.
In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and salt.
In a large bowl, add the granulated sugar and butter, beat until the mixture is fluffy, then fold in the egg: applesauce and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour mixture and diced apples.
Add parchment paper to the air fryer basket, and drop tablespoons of the batter onto parchment paper. You’ll be working in batches. Set the air fry setting to 320 degrees and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the cookies are cooked.
Let the cookies cool while you prepare the frosting.
The Best Cookie Frosting Without Powdered Sugar
Today, we used a smile frosting that you can use for either cakes or cookies. I love this recipe to be used on cupcakes.
Ingredients Needed For Cookie Frosting
- Cream Cheese: Use room temperature cream cheese. You can use either low-fat or full-fat cream cheese.
- Butter: Use unsalted, room temperature butter
- Granulated Sugar: You can also use powdered sugar.
- Ground Cinnamon: It goes well with the apple cookies!
- Vanilla: Use pure vanilla extract for the best flavor!
How To Make Cookie Frosting Without Powdered Sugar
In a large mixing bowl, add the cream cheese, butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and cream until smooth with an electric or stand mixer.
Pro Tips For The Best Air Fried Apple Cookies
The air fryer is having a moment, and with fall upon us, there’s no better time to experiment with this handy appliance. While the air fryer is typically associated with savory dishes like chicken tenders and french fries, it can also be used to make sweet treats like apple pies and cookies. Here are a few tips for making the best air-fried apple cookies:
- Choose the right apples: For this recipe, you’ll want to use tart and firm apples, such as Granny Smith apples. Avoid softer apples like Red Delicious, as they will turn mush when cooked.
- Dice the apples into thin slices: This will help them cook evenly in the air fryer.
- Don’t overcrowd the basket: Air frying works best when there’s plenty of space around each cookie. If you overcrowd the basket, your cookies will be soggy.
- Serve warm: These cookies are best served warm, straight out of the air fryer. Add a scoop of ice cream or a drizzle of caramel sauce for an extra-special treat.
How To Store Air Fryer Apple Cookies
Fall is the perfect time to break out the air fryer and whip up some delicious treats. One of our favorites is air fryer apple cookies. They’re quick and easy to make, and they taste amazing. Here’s how to store them, so they stay fresh and delicious.
First, make sure the cookies are completely cooled before you store them. They’ll start to stick together and lose their shape if they’re even slightly warm. Once they’re cool, please place them in an airtight container or bag. We like to put a layer of wax paper between the layers of cookies to prevent them from sticking together.
If you want to keep your cookies fresh, you can store them in the fridge. Make sure to bring them back to room temperature before you eat them, or they’ll be tough to bite into. Enjoy!
How To Freeze Cookies
One of the best things about fall is all the delicious baking that comes with it. From pies to cookies, there are so many tasty treats to enjoy. If you’re looking for a way to enjoy fall baking without all the work, consider freezing your cookies.
This method is perfect for busy families or those who want to enjoy their cookies throughout the season. To freeze cookies, place them on a baking sheet and put them in the freezer. Once frozen, you can store them in an airtight container for up to six months. When you’re ready to enjoy them, take as many as you need and let them thaw at room temperature. Within minutes, you’ll have fresh-baked cookies that taste like they just came out of the oven!
More Air Fryer Apple Desserts
Who doesn’t love apple desserts? Here are three more air fryer apple recipes that will tingle your taste buds! These recipes are all easy to make and delicious. So, what are you waiting for? Get cooking!
Air Fryer Mini Apple Cakes — Nothing is better than a mini cake for holiday desserts. These Air Fryer Mini Apple Cakes are no exception and make the perfect little bite for your family! They are so good!
Air Fryer Puff Pastry Apple Roses — I will show you how to make the most beautiful air fryer puff pastry apple roses. These are so easy, and they look so elegant for any occasion. You can use them as a dessert or an appetizer; it’s up to you! So let’s get started!
Air Fryer Apple Pie Pizookie — Apple pie is a favorite dessert, but sometimes you don’t have the time to make it. Air fryer apple pie pizookie is an easy way to get that same flavor without all the work. This recipe takes 30 minutes start-to-finish and creates a decadent treat perfect for any occasion!
Don’t Forget To Pin:
Air Fryer Apple Pie Spice Drop Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, room temperature, and unsalted
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup apples, diced and peeled
- 8 ounce cream cheese, room temperature
- 4 tablespoons butter, unsalted, and room temperature
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar, or granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, ground cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, ginger, and salt.
- In a large bowl, add the granulated sugar, and butter, beat until the mixture is fluffy, then fold in the egg. applesauce, and vanilla extract. Fold in the flour mixture, and diced apples.
- Add parchment paper to the air fryer basket, and drop tablespoons of the batter onto parchment paper. You’ll be working in batches. Set the air fry setting to 320 degrees and cook for 5-6 minutes or until the cookies are cooked through.
- Let the cookies cool, while you prepare the frosting.
- In a large mixing bowl add the cream cheese, butter, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and cream until smooth with an electric or stand mixer.
- Frost teh cookies, right before serving.
- Air Fryer
- Parchment Paper