This week my supermarket was having a buy one get one free sale on blueberries. My youngest son Jason has loved blueberries ever since he first had one. I have a wonderful picture of him, eating blueberries right off a blueberry bush. I strategically parked his carriage at one day, so my oldest son and I could go blueberry picking.
When it’s blueberry season and the berries are in season, I get so excited, and I immediately think of great things to bake. I try to make breakfast to go for my kids because my kids and probably most in America eat breakfast to go, and the muffin is perfect breakfast food. Fully portable.
Today I am presenting a Copycat Recipe, Starbucks Blueberry Muffins. Again as if with most kids, everyone loves a tasty dessert from Starbucks, and what is better than blueberry muffins.
I made a batch last week and my husband went crazy for them, he kept on eating them and I actually never got around to taking pictures. so it’s his lucky day because I just made a new batch and I hid some, so I could take a picture or two for my blog.
The secret to making muffins in the air fryer is time. Every air fryer is different. After you make your first batch of muffins, write down the time and keep a log of it, and then you can adapt it to any muffin recipe.
To be successful at making the batter for muffins, any muffins:
- Combine all of the dry ingredients into a large mixing bowl. In most muffins, this will include flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. Whisk them all together.
- Whisk the wet ingredients in another bowl. This usually includes milk, oil, and eggs.
- Then combine the two together and mix until all of the dry ingredients are gone, scrape the bottom of the pan. To make sure that when you fill the muffin tins, you do not come across any flour, that has not to be absorbed into the wet ingredients.
- Be careful not to over mix the batter, as you will increase the level of gluten and the muffins will become tough.
The signature of the Starbucks muffins is the topping. the delicious streusel topping. (This is what my husband really loved). The topping is actually just a combination of flour, sugar, butter, and salt. It seems simple enough, the taste will blow you out of the water.
I will give you a word of warning these blueberry muffins are addicting, you will not be able to eat just one. The flavor is AMAZING! This makes an amazing breakfast, pair it with a great cup of coffee and you have the best breakfast you will ever have. I hope that you give it a sot, you will not be disappointed.
Here are some pointers about making muffins (any type of muffin) in the Air Fryer.
- Grab a silicone set, which is reasonably priced at about $6.00, I bought a set here and I re-use over and over again. This is my favorite set.
- I was lucky enough to find this set on Amazon and I have to tell you it’s amazing. And it’s easy, you just place it in the air fryer basket and set your time and then just leave them to cool off. When the pan has cooled down, you remove the muffin tin and simply pop them out of the muffin tin.
- For these, I spray the muffin tins with non-stick cooking spray with flour. This works best in my opinion for the air fryer muffin tins.
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Ninja Foodi 1400 Watt Multi Cooker, Pressure Cooker, Steamer, and Air Fryer w/TenderCrisp Technology, Pressure & Crisping Lid, 6.5 Qt PotPrint
Air Fryer, Starbucks Copycat Blueberry Muffins
Homemade Copycat Starbucks Blueberry Muffin with Streusel Topping
- Prep Time: 20
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 32
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup blueberries
- 3/4 cup flour
- 5 tablespoons melted unsalted butter
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Start by making the Streusel topping, mix in a small bowl the flour, melted butter, sugar, and salt. Mix well.
- Set the topping aside.
- Cream the sugar and eggs together, until the mixture is light and fluffy. I use my Kitchen Aid MIxer.
- Mix in the oil, vanilla, vinegar, baking soda, and salt.
- Mix in sour cream and flour.
- Then remove the mixing bowl from the mixer, and fold in the blueberries, with a spoon.
- Fill the muffin tins with about 1/4 cup of batter. Generously sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Set the muffin tin or silicone muffin molds into the air fryer basket and set the time for 10 minutes at 320 degrees F.
- After 10 minutes check the muffins and make sure that they are cooked fully. By using a toothpick and sticking it in the middle of the muffin. If it comes out clean, they are fully cooked if the toothpick comes out with batter, add another 2 minutes, then check again. Repeat until they are fully cooked.
- Remove the cooked muffins from the Air Fryer, let cool.
- These muffins will keep 3 to 4 days in the refrigerator or freeze for about a month.
Keywords: air fryer muffins air fryer mini muffins air fryer muffin tin reheat muffins in air fryer can you use paper muffin cups in an air fryer air fryer cupcakes