Yummy! This is one of my son’s favorite snacks, and you know what, it will cost you under $1.00. If you went to Whole Foods, the same batch would cost you over $5.00. So today’s flavor is simple, but delicious, Air Fryer Sea Salt Chickpeas.
This is such an easy and quick way tog et the slow-roasted flavor in a matter of minutes.
Why Is Everyone So In Love with Chickpeas?
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- Chickpeas are very high in fiber; as a result, they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes, or borderline diabetes, as the doctors show that high fiber reduces blood glucose levels.
- Chickpeas are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin K. All of these vitamins and minerals, are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- They show high fiber to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
Tips on Getting The Best Roasted Chickpeas in the Air Fryer:
- Dry the chickpeas: I always do this in two steps, the first being to fully drain the chickpeas. Then I let them layout for about 20 to 30 minutes on a kitchen towel on the counter. I find that completely dried chickpeas give you the best crunchy flavor.
- Use Enough Olive Oil: If you are not fully coating your chickpeas they will never get fully crispy. Use enough oil to fully coat them, I keep on adding olive oil until I feel they all have a coat of olive oil.
- Season After: I always add a couple of teaspoons of seasonings after they are pulled from the air fryer.
Some Helpful Products Used In This Recipe–
This is a great deal if you have an account at Amazon, it’s on sale this week, for less than 80 cents a can.
Some Of My Other Favorite Chickpeas Recipes, Made In The Air Fryer–
Don’t Forget to Pin for Later, Air Fryer Sea Salt Chickpeas–
Such an easy way to make air fryer crunchy chickpeas, with a simple sea salt seasoning. Amazingly easy and delicious.
- 19 ounce can of chickpeas
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2–3 teaspoons sea salt
- Start by draining and rinsing the chickpeas.
- Toss the chickpeas with olive oil and sea salt
- Pour the chickpeas into the air fryer basket, set the time for 7 minutes at 390 degrees F.
- After 7 minutes, shake the basket and set for another 7 minutes.
- Pour the chickpeas into a bowl, and toss with an additional 1-2 tablespoons of sea salt. (It depends on how salty you want them, adjust to your taste buds.
- Plate, serve, and enjoy!
Keywords: salt and vinegar chickpeas air fryer air fryer parmesan chickpeas air fryer salt and vinegar fries oil free air fried chickpeas