This is a wonderful and easy snack. It’s packed full of flavor and it’s extremely healthy to snack on, it’s also very high in protein, which makes it a great snack if you are on a diet because it will fill you up.
Chickpeas are a great choice for a snack because they have many health benefits, including:
- They are high in fiber, they are an excellent snack for people with diabetes, as it is shown that it reduces blood glucose levels.
- They are great for bone health because they contain iron, phosphate, calcium, magnesium, zinc, and vitamin K. These are all shown to improve bone strength and structure.
- Vitamin K also helps your body absorb calcium, which is great if you have osteoporosis.
- Chickpeas are low-sodium, which is great for keeping your blood pressure low.
- High fiber is shown to help cholesterol
- Chickpeas contain the mineral selenium which helps reduce cancer risks.
You can flavor chickpeas with any variety of spices, they absorb spices, rubs, etc, very well.
Here are some other chickpea recipes prepared in the air fryer.
Start by draining the chickpeas.
Then mix together.
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget to Pin–
Air Fryer-Roasted Cajun Chickpeas
This is a really & healthy snack, just add some herbs and toss it onto the air fryer for a great and healthy snack alternative.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30
- Yield: 4 servings 1x
- Category: Appetizer
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- Start by draining the chickpeas. Make sure they are fully drained.
- Mix in the oil, and then mix in the spices.
- Then spread the chickpeas into the air fryer basket, set the 350 degrees F temperature to and set the 8 minutes Shake the basket, after 4 minutes.
- When the time is up, pour into a bowl. Add some additional salt (about 1/2 teaspoon) and enjoy!
Keywords: air fryer parmesan chickpeas air fryer chickpeas ranch oil free air fried chickpeas honey roasted chickpeas in air fryer salt and vinegar chickpeas air fryer chickpea fries air fryer ninja foodi chickpeas skinnytaste air fryer chickpeas