Yummy! This was today’s breakfast, my kids were in heaven. What child wouldn’t love piping hot blueberry scones with vanilla icing (glaze) for breakfast? What is better they take such little time, and the kids all come into the kitchen every morning to see what type of treat, I have made. I guess this will be one of their traditions, when they are older and look back at their childhood. I guess there could be worse traditions.
Now, my oldest son has a Gluten Allergy, so while I am photographing the regular flour recipes, I do make him a couple in his own air fryer, that we designated for him.
My mother is a great baker, she always baked every evening, so that we would have something delicious to bring to school the next day. Back in the olden days, we actually walked and during those walks, we ate our breakfast, as we were always running late. On most nights, I can remember her baking something special for the next morning and we would grab one of our walks to school each morning. This was great because my sister and I were always running late to school. So, having a portable breakfast was important, and since I’m old, we didn’t own a microwave or eat frozen foods. So, having an on the go-to breakfast was a life-saver in my eyes.
My kids have the same problem on all of the days of the week, we are always running late. My youngest son has a half an hour drive to school, so he always eats in the car. My oldest one is barely making it to school on time, so he eats, as my husband drops him off. Both my husband and I try to gulp our coffee down during the commutes. He eats on the way to work, I prefer to wait and eat alone when I get home. And I usually sit and figure out what I am going to make for my blog that day.
Everyone always asks me how I get an air fryer scone pan that fits into my basket, well here is my hack—
So, it was a fun day, the scones were so easy to do, and delicious.
If you are looking for a great starter pan for your Air Fryer, I used these, they are currently 68% off at Amazon
Kitchen Items Used: (Note: Affiliate links are included in this post)
Don’t Forget To Pin—
Air Fryer, Bakery Style Chocolate Scones
Such an easy breakfast for everyone.
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 12
- Total Time: 22
- Yield: 6 servings 1x
- Category: Baked Goods
- Method: Air Fryer
- Cuisine: American
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 6 tablespoons cold butter
- 3/4 cup half and half or cream
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- Start by adding the flour, sugar to a large mixing bowl.
- Then add in the butter.
- Add in the half and half and eggs, vanilla extract.
- Mix well.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- spray your silicone molds, with non-stick cooking spray (see the blog post, on how I got them to fit into the air fryer)
- Fill the mold with the batter.
- Set your tray into the air fryer.
- Set the temperature to 350 degrees F, for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes check on your scones, mine were done, if yours are not, add a couple of minutes.
- I drizzled some chocolate sauce over them, plated, served and enjoyed!
Keywords: mini chocolate chip scones chocolate chip scones buttermilk chocolate chip scones pioneer woman chocolate chip scones martha stewart chocolate chip scones bisquick chocolate chip scones sour cream chocolate chip scones self raising flour chocolate chip scones near me